Fastpass system down

Pretty much avoid the first weekend in October, but this year it was apparently a perfect storm, with Columbus day, then many schools were off last week and as someone else mentioned Canadian Thanksgiving and add in the Gay Days and you end up with a real mess. Then add in Maxpass, paper FP and the DAS system all going down plus all of the construction going on. I mean I should have had a clue when it took 10 minutes to get on a bus at Toy Story on the Jessie side, but we were meeting up with a friend, so we made the best of it.
Thank you, our dates are Sat 28 sept - Thurs 10 October, and we are bound to school holidays here. However a quick google tells me that next year, Canadian thanksgiving and Columbus Day are both the weekend after we go home... whew!

It will still be busier than normal that weekend due to Gay Days and some schools having it off, but shouldn't be as bad as this year.

... Not only was the FP system down, but so was the system to issue DAS return times, guest relations was doing paper DAS for the day and I believe making accommodations for those with Maxpass, but the lines were so long that it was pointless to wait there to even ask.

That is so odd -- Saturday really was a crazy day in so many ways. We must have just hit random windows when the DAS system was working because whenever we requested a return time throughout the day, CMs were able to give us one (not paper). They tried digital first, and it would work. Weird. But, like you, we chose to have a pretty laid back day in the parks, so didn't request that many return times. But by 5 pm, the whole system (MP and DAS) was back up and working. And many guests had given up by that time, which relieved a lot of stress on the system.

Last edited:
It is that weekend in particular, as it is Gay Days along with it being a holiday weekend. We knew it would be crowded going in, but it was even beyond what I would have expected, it was seriously crowded to a point that I haven't seen in a long, long time. By the time we left I would say it was definitely Christmas week level crowds, not quite New Years Eve level, but getting close.

By the way, the app came back up right about 5 PM.

Yea it was BAD. We left and tried to go to Trader Sam's and there were people in a huge line just to get in. It was just miserable. I get vasculitis and it was REALLY bad that day. We went to Tortilla Joes and I couldn't even eat my food and ended up going back to the room. I knew with the holiday it would be bad but I had forgotten about Gay Days and then our particular school district had a 4 day weekend. That is the ONLY reason I picked that weekend. I knew it would be crowded but never thought it would be that bad and then with everything going down it wasn't even worth it. I was sad because we couldn't go back to Disneyland since we just had the 1 park per day passes for my daughter but I am glad we did get the refund and I went to bed early on Sat and slept in a bit on Sunday and it was MUCH more pleasant. Still warm and crowded at DCA but at least manageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!