fastpass time shortened to 45 min?

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
There is a thread on the Themeparks board about the fastpass system being changed so that a new one is issued after 45 min. Does anyone know about this? I don't know how to provide a link but it was said to be on intercot.com and themeparks.com yesterday. I think it may make the available FP go much quicker in the morning for the rides like TT that are gone so soon anyway. Any thoughts?

According to the article, the fastpass will indicate how soon another can be fetched, the time could be as little as 45 minutes or when that fastpass matures whichever comes first. The normal rule for getting another fastpass has been when the previous fastpass matured or two hours after you got it whichever comes first.

The article also said that if guest demand is high, the time before you can get another fastpass will not be as little as 45 minutes if the first fastpass had not become ready for use yet.

One good idea that was not mentioned is to have the time before another fastpass can be fetched vary depending on what ride it is for.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

When and if they ever get around to launching premium fast pass(ala Universal's system), I imagine a system like this could compensate for the increased demand so as not to overburden the current free pass system.

Apparently Disneyland has been experimenting with “free” FastPasses on certain attractions. At different times if you took a pass for ‘Haunted Mansion’ or ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ (which never needed FastPass to begin with), you could immediately get a pass for another attraction.

There are “rumors” this is part of the premium ticket developed. According to “rumors” you would be able to buy a higher priced admission ticket that would entitle you to have multiple passes and/or passes that are good immediately.

AV, HM and POTC at DL DO need fast passes during peak times. I've waited in serious lines for them. So, It's probably for the peak times.

hmmmmm AV, interesting.

is there any "rumor" on when the "rumored" higher price admission ticket might be part of the landscape?

I read someone's touring strategy who recommended making use of the second HM/POC Fastpass option. They claimed it was due to the fact that these attractions were not tied into the central DL Fastpass system? Claimed the same applied to GRR and the rest of DCA. DL and DCA are supposedly also separate systems.

Maybe, this was just a cover for the experiment. I'll at least be testing if this still works when there next week.

It has always been possible to get another FP as little as 45 minutes after you get the first one. This is because the minimum delay inherent in the system is 45 minutes. Nothing has been shortened. Re-read the article, and read the thread on the Theme Parks board, the misunderstanding has been cleared up more eloquently there than I could do here right now. fingers... tired... must... stop... typing...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter