FastPass+ W/ 2-1/2 Year Old Girl

disnmooner2013

DIS Veteran
Can you please let me know your thoughts on our Fastpass+ selections for the 4 parks with a 2-1/2 year old girl (her 1st trip). We are doing Cinderella's Royal Table for Breakfast (pre-park opening 8 AM reservation) to meet Cinderella and some of the other princesses so we don't have to waste a fastpass on Cinderella. Doing Kilimanjaro Safari 1st thing when we get to Animal Kingdom. We can book our Fastpass+ for our end of May 1st week of June trip next week.

Hollywood Studios:
Toy Story Mania
Disney Junior - Live on Stage
For the 1st Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing Along Celebration

Magic Kingdom (1st Day):
Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
Peter Pan's Flight
Either Ariel's Grotto, Enchanted Tales with Belle, or Meet Rapunzel at Fairytale Hall - Suggestions - Not sure which to do

Epcot:
Meet Disney Pals at the Character Spot
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Frozen Ever After

Animal Kingdom:
Festival of the Lion King
Na'vi River Journey
Mickey & Friends at Adventurer's Outpost

Magic Kingdom (1/2 day - Last day of Vacation):
Monster's Inc: Laugh Floor
Jungle Cruise
Magic Carpets of Aladin

Toy story will probably still not have fast passes available for your trip. So maybe do Beauty and the Beast for your tier 1 unless the adults want to do RRC.

Your last day at magic kingdom monsters Inc doesn' really need a fp so I would choose something else. Maybe Buzz.

First MK day - it depends on if meeting Ariel or Rapunzel is a big deal. Otherwise, I would say Enchanted Tales hands down. It's a live storytelling thing, very fun with kiddos (they can play parts in the story).

For AK - FotLK you can generally get into without a FP - if you're absolutely sure you'll make rope drop Safari no problem, but my kiddos always got distracted by the tree, and the birds, and the drummers...by the time we got up there we were stressed and it was a 30 min wait. Having a FP for Safari has made that a much more enjoyable stroll rather than the "keep going!" race. :) And if you make it, hey, ride it twice.

On your last MK day, if you're getting there early none of those need FP. Carpets has always been a walk-on in the first hour or two of open for us. But your plans don't have a lot of Fantasyland stuff in them - Pooh, Dumbo, Teacups, Speedway, Buzz, even Barnstormer depending on how tall she is... with a kiddos that age, you're going to spend nearly all your time over there. I'd rope drop Jungle Cruise and Carpets and then zoom back over to Fantasyland for Carousel, Small World, and then have some FP for the other Fantasyland attractions.

Last edited:
For MK I would replace Magic Carpets or Laugh Floor with Winnie the Pooh. That one can get some pretty hefty lines and is a must do FP on every trip for us (we have a 1.5yo who has been once and a 3yo who has been twice.) Laugh Floor and Magic Carpets aren’t too hard to get on in our experience.

For AK I would do the Safari instead of FotLK. We haven’t had any issues getting into that show but the Safari line can get long if you don’t go on it first thing.

We are going to Tusker House for 8AM pre-park opening breakfast at AK. Tusker House is real close to Kilimanjaro Safari which we were going to do 1st thing.

Can you please let me know your thoughts on our Fastpass+ selections for the 4 parks with a 2-1/2 year old girl (her 1st trip). We are doing Cinderella's Royal Table for Breakfast (pre-park opening 8 AM reservation) to meet Cinderella and some of the other princesses so we don't have to waste a fastpass on Cinderella. Doing Kilimanjaro Safari 1st thing when we get to Animal Kingdom. We can book our Fastpass+ for our end of May 1st week of June trip next week.

Hollywood Studios:
Toy Story Mania
Disney Junior - Live on Stage
For the 1st Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing Along Celebration

Magic Kingdom (1st Day):
Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
Peter Pan's Flight
Either Ariel's Grotto, Enchanted Tales with Belle, or Meet Rapunzel at Fairytale Hall - Suggestions - Not sure which to do

Epcot:
Meet Disney Pals at the Character Spot
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Frozen Ever After

Animal Kingdom:
Festival of the Lion King
Na'vi River Journey
Mickey & Friends at Adventurer's Outpost

Magic Kingdom (1/2 day - Last day of Vacation):
Monster's Inc: Laugh Floor
Jungle Cruise
Magic Carpets of Aladin
Ariel’s Grotto doesn’t normally need a fast pass. Neither does Monster’s Inc. what about Winnie the Pooh

For Enchanted Tales with Belle, is that a meet and greet with Belle?

It is more than a meet and greet. There is a little play and everyone there can have a part if they want. Here is a description from DIS. It is on our must-do list with little ones in May.

Overview/History:
Enchanted Tales with Belle is an interactive character meet-and-greet location. Guests start in Maurice’s workshop, then they step through a magical mirror straight into the Beast’s library, where they meet Belle and Lumiere and experience an interactive fairytale. Guests play the parts of the characters to really become part of the story.

HS: TSMM may not have FP+ available at the time of your trip
MK (day 1): Not sure if you're aware, but Mickey will no longer talk by the time of your trip. Since you have other FP planned to meet Mickey at the other parks, I would replace this one with something else at MK
AK: FOTLK does not need a FP. I would definitely get FP for Safari instead

On my 60 day out day to start booking fastpass+; can i book for my enitre trip or do I have to go back each day to book fastpasses?

Ariel’s Grotto doesn’t normally need a fast pass. Neither does Monster’s Inc. what about Winnie the Pooh

I agree with this. The Laugh floor is almost always just a walk on one PLUS your two and a half year old might not really grasp what is happening. It's basically just a movie for them. My two year old is Monsters Inc obsessed and didn't really care about this one.

It is more than a meet and greet. There is a little play and everyone there can have a part if they want. Here is a description from DIS. It is on our must-do list with little ones in May.

Overview/History:
Enchanted Tales with Belle is an interactive character meet-and-greet location. Guests start in Maurice’s workshop, then they step through a magical mirror straight into the Beast’s library, where they meet Belle and Lumiere and experience an interactive fairytale. Guests play the parts of the characters to really become part of the story.

I know your little one love Ariel but I agree with this one too. It's more than just a meet and greet and makes the fast pass more worth it.

You FOR SURE want one for Peter pans flight, though. The queue is always SOO long and while it has one of the cooler queue at Disney World it's a really frustrating wait with little ones.

I'm trying to think of other rides my toddler loves that NEED fastpasses and I honestly can't think of any. The great thing about bringing toddlers to Disney is that they want to ride the rides adults and older kids don't care that much about.

I'm trying to think of other rides my toddler loves that NEED fastpasses and I honestly can't think of any. The great thing about bringing toddlers to Disney is that they want to ride the rides adults and older kids don't care that much about.

I'm realizing how many rides/attractions I've never done (because most of my trips were by myself in my 20s)

The other good thing is that they don’t know if they’ve missed a “cool” ride. We took our toddler son on rides we thought he would like, but didn’t stress too much if we missed something. It’s not like he had a clue.

Since no one suggested it - I'd say do a FP for Small World. My daughter has loved that ride since she a year old and we end up going on it multiple times. The line usually isn't too long but the queue is pretty lame. Also I think Pirates of the Carribean & Haunted Mansion is worth FP+ and they are fairly kid friendly. (Unless your little one scares very easily)

The queues for winnie the pooh and the Little Mermaid ride are pretty awesome (particularly winnie the pooh - I think we go on that ride just so my daughter can play in the queue)

Not much feedback, but thank you so much for posting this. We're planning a trip with a 4 year old, 2 year old and 18 month old and I think these rides will appeal to our crowd a lot too and we're just starting to think thru fastpasses and things!

We did do Disneyland last spring, when my daughter was 2.75 and two of HER favorites were Haunted Mansion and Pirates. I know some people avoid Haunted Mansion with small kids but my daughter didn't seem spooked at all. The Winnie the Pooh ride she was more so-so on.

I agree with this. The Laugh floor is almost always just a walk on one PLUS your two and a half year old might not really grasp what is happening. It's basically just a movie for them. My two year old is Monsters Inc obsessed and didn't really care about this one.

I know your little one love Ariel but I agree with this one too. It's more than just a meet and greet and makes the fast pass more worth it.

You FOR SURE want one for Peter pans flight, though. The queue is always SOO long and while it has one of the cooler queue at Disney World it's a really frustrating wait with little ones.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter