Fastpasses at DLP?

And one other thing -- if you're planning on riding the metro or RER (the subway/rail system) -- make sure you get close to the doors when it's time to exit. It can be very difficult to get off the train with a sea of people rushing on.

yes -- we did witness line jumping. I saw two varieties. The overt kind where people saw an opening and just jumped the barrier...and the covert kind where one person at a time will pretend that they are meeting up with their parents (although they never actually said anything). This happened a couple of times -- and the second time, I gave the kid a death glare. I guess it worked b/c he stopped and more or less turned around.

People were bumping into my wife constantly -- mostly on POC -- but that was just the dad and his two sons...so it didn't happen on all of the lines. They were the worst.

On that note -- the illuminations fireworks are pretty good (not as good as HEA---but definitely worth watching). It's very projection heavy and does not have a lot of fireworks. We found a spot at the beginning of main street past the Mary Poppins stuff and were pleasantly watching for about 15 minutes. There was about 10 feet of space between us and the people in front of us. A tall guy (6'2" or more) and his girlfriend then walked and stopped right in front of me. As in...no less than 2 feet away. Completely blocked my view. To make matters worse, they rested their heads together which completely blocked any view I had.

Rather than tap the dude on the shoulder and ask him to move, I decided to go ultimate passive aggressive.

Yes...I played leap frog. I walked right around them and just stood right in front of them. Didn't even look back. My wife was not so bold...but luckily they must have got the message b/c they moved back and to the side fairly quickly.

i love your passive aggressive approach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when we were there (18 years ago as i already mentioned), the kids were 11 and 13....
the four of us would form a blockade every time we got to a broader part of the line and we noticed line pushers/jumpers....the people who just walk right by you when there's a gap...
we would say (in a language they didn't understand), "four abreast"....so the four of us would stand next to each other....sort of linking arms and making sure we covered the entire space....with my husband on one side and me on the other...
i don't think that's passive aggressive...i think it's aggressive aggressive....but we just couldn't stand it anymore...

but at least now the parks are owned by disney itself, so maybe it will improve over time...i can dream can't i?

so we'll be there in 2019....we'll prepare ourselves for the worst and hope for the best.....the 11 and 13 year old will be 32 and 34.....and will have spouses and kidlets along...so our approach will be different anyway....more laid back....go with the flow....you have to be easier going when you have young children along...

Got space mountain first thing
Had a quick question about this. First, what was rope drop like? Did they let you up Main Street and hold you at the land entrances or did you have to wait st turnstiles?

For Space Mountain, what was the return time when you got it first thing? Do you remember what the standby time was?

Had a quick question about this. First, what was rope drop like? Did they let you up Main Street and hold you at the land entrances or did you have to wait st turnstiles?

For Space Mountain, what was the return time when you got it first thing? Do you remember what the standby time was?

I didn’t see any ropes like at WDW. But it was also an EMH morning, so the parks were more or less already opened.

They definitely let us in earlier than 10 am. We had time to take pictures, get breakfast at QS bakery on Main Street, and then walk to space mountain all before 10 am.

I pulled the FP right at 10 am and it had a return time of 10:30.

Return times are only 30 min windows. I was told they are fairly strict so I didn’t test it either way.

We actually did single rider first thing and that took less than 10 mins. Regular queue was probably around 30 mins but I’m not sure.

They usually let non EMH guests in about 30 mins before official opening time but you are only meant to be able to access Main Street. It means you can browse in the shops, grab something to eat from one of the bakeries, and position yourself by the rope to the land you want to head to first. EMH guests are allowed past the ropes into Fantasyland and Discoveryland and have to show their Easy Pass which they get from the hotel to show they are a hotel guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!