Father/Daughter and Stepfather/Daughter dance?

jamie0201

Mouseketeer
Hi guys.. I need some help with songs. I am having both my father and step-father walk me down the aisle as i wanted to have 2 father/daughter dances one with each of them. I am trying to find songs and I am not having much luck. Does anyone have any ideas??? I want them both to be special. My hardest is finding one for my stepfather??? Anyone???

Thanks
Jamie

I danced with my dad to Frank Sinatra's Fly Me to the Moon...........but other popular songs are:

Bob Carlisle - Butterfly Kisses
Elton John - Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Frank Sinatra - The Way You Look Tonight
Holly Dunn - Daddy's Hands
Joe Cocker - You Are so Beautiful
Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World
Natalie Cole & Nat King Cole - Unforgettable
Peabo Bryson & Regina Belle - A Whole New World (Aladdin's Theme)
The Temptations - My Girl

These are just a few of my favorites :)

HTH

Our situation is similar, but different. My DH has a Mom and Stepmom very involved in his life. I danced with my Dad, he danced with his Mom to "Somewhere Out There" from An American Tale. Then DH danced with Stepmom while I danced with his Dad to a Celine Dion song... The title escapes me, but it was a main theme to a movie, maybe with Robert Redford? Very popular in 1996 if that helps.

Depending upon if you want the song to be from your Dad/Stepdad
to you or from you to them, here are a few suggestions:

**You'll be in my heart (from Tarzan Movie - Phil Collins)
**Child of Mine (Carole King)
**Music of My Heart (N-Sync)
My Heart Will Go On (Titanic Theme - Celine Dion)
The Times Of Your Life (Kodak Theme Song - Paul Anka & various others)
**If I could (Barbara Streisand & various others)
**Because you loved me (Celine Dion - from the movie Up Close & Personal)
Sunrise, Sunset (From Fidler on the Roof)
Wind Beneath My Wings (Bette Midler)
What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)
Through the Years (Kenny Rogers)

** My personal favorites

Here are a few selections you might consider for your wedding dance songs!

Kind and Generous by Natalie Merchant
What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong

I don't have many selections as I danced with my grandfather who practically raised me and we danced to "Grandpa" by The Judds...But here are a few that I had on my list as possibilities, I hope this helps:

I Loved Her First by Heartland
Through The Years by Kenny Rogers
Dance with my Father by Luther Vandross
Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler
In My Daughters Eyes by Martina McBride
You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban
There You'll Be by Faith Hill

For my Father Daughter Dance I'm dancing with my dad to Billy Ray Cyrus-Ready, Set, Don't Go. I don't have a step-dad yet, but a great song for a Stepfather /Daughter Dance is Le Ann Womack's I Hope You Dance. That was my Cousin & Uncle's Father Daughter Dance Song.

My DD and DH's father/daughter dance was to Steven Curtis Chapman's "Cinderella". They did a bit of choreography to the song and there were very few dry eyes.

My daughter-in-law's father/daughter dance was to Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World". Also, a tender, emotional moment.

For my Father Daughter Dance I'm dancing with my dad to Billy Ray Cyrus-Ready, Set, Don't Go. I don't have a step-dad yet, but a great song for a Stepfather /Daughter Dance is Le Ann Womack's I Hope You Dance. That was my Cousin & Uncle's Father Daughter Dance Song.

I love both your choices!:thumbsup2

For my dad i used I loved Her First by Heartland
for my step dad it was My Wish by Rascal Flatts

I love both your choices!:thumbsup2

Thank you. My dad and I don't have the best relationship, so the Billy Ray Cyrus song is perfect, and the song makes me cry. I'm just using his version, not the one with Miley. Much better than what he had his and my Father Daughter Dance at my Bat Mitzvah. He had me dance with him to Michael Jackson's You Are Not Alone(better than Frank Sinatra's My Way which was my parent's Wedding Song). Sadly I couldn't tell you what song my sister danced with our dad to at her wedding since she played a bunch of songs Ive never heard of. My DSil's Father/Daughter Dance song was to I Loved Her First. I think my other Sil and FBil are having a joint Father/Daughter & Mother/Son Dance will be to Bryan Adams-Everything I Do I Do it For You(I love that song and he has a wonderful accustic version too).

For my dad i used I loved Her First by Heartland

This is a good choice for father/daughter.

Some more suggestions for father/daughter.
George Strait - The Man In Love With You (Check out YouTube Video)
Holly Dunn - Daddy's Hands (Video)
Brooks and Dunn - You're My Angel (video)
Bob Carlisle - Butterfly Kisses (Video)

There's only one that really comes to mind for step-father/daughter:
Brad Paisley - He Didn't Have To Be (Video)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!