Fav Marriott other then Swan/Dolphin ?

Gator Kate

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Don't get me wrong I adore the Swan and Dolphin (close 2nd) but the free night award through my Marriott credit card limits the category of hotel it allows. It only works for hotels that would charge 35,000 points or less. I'm flexible about location but hoping to be as close to parks as possible. Any suggestions?
Many thanks.

Are you looking for proximity or "niceness" of the resort? For proximity, Spring Hill Suites and TownePlace Suites are in the Bonnet Creek area (Flamingo Crossing), feature free parking and breakfast, and room to spread out. They're pretty basic hotels, though.

If you want something "nicer" there are some category 5 hotels a bit further out that have some nights that dip to 35,000 like Gaylord Palms, Orlando World Center Marriott, Marriott's Grande Vista. I even saw some nights for 35,000 at Marriott Sabal Palms and Marriott Imperial Palms Villas, which are category 6, but those were scattered midweek nights.

Thank you jmpurdy and ClapYourHands for your ideas. I am a stickler for clean hotel rooms which usually means newer or renovated, so that would probably be my priority. I'm only planning to stay 1 night this trip and will probably go to Epcot. I'm very confused about which choice to make as I most often stay on property. I just can't let a free night go unused so I'm branching out.

I would like to know this also but we're looking to maybe be closer to Universal Studios this time. Any suggestions for the nicest Bonvoy resort near US? We haven't used our points in so long that we have racked up quite a bunch so the amount isn't an issue.

Are you looking for proximity or "niceness" of the resort? For proximity, Spring Hill Suites and TownePlace Suites are in the Bonnet Creek area (Flamingo Crossing), feature free parking and breakfast, and room to spread out.
I wouldn't call Flamingo Crossings the Bonnet Creek area. At all. But it is close and new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!