Fave resort for standard room for 5 at Christmas?

smelton521

Mouseketeer
We have to move our Christmas 2019 trip to the first week of December 2020 and I really need advice from families of 5 on where to stay please! We were staying in a family suite at AoA but the pool will be under construction in Dec 2020 so I want to book somewhere else. It will be our 6 year-old daughter‘s first trip, second trip for our 10 and 12-year-olds, and I want to make it as magical as possible while we have kids who “still believe”. Which resort would be the most amazing to kids at Christmas and have the most comfortable standard rooms for 5? I know it may be cold in Dec but our kids love to swim so definitely needs to have a fun pool. Thanks for any advice!

Beach Club has a great pool. And a neat giant gingerbread house in the lobby. We have stayed at Yacht Club and Beach Club and would recommend it for those reasons but mostly for being walkable to 2 parks.

I 2nd Beach Club. The pool is amazing. At Christmas I also like Boardwalk and their pool is fun too.

Wilderness Lodge has rooms for 5, and they also decorate nicely for Christmas. They have a great pool. We love being able to take the boat from WL to Magic Kingdom. Enjoy your trip!

I thought all the resorts we saw in December were beautiful, but with very different vibes. Like, Grand Floridian had that super traditional Victorian feel, but sort of Florida lightened rather than Dickensian dark. 😉 WL managed to be very inviting and woodsy, hunting lodge feeling while also very luxe.
But my fave was where we stayed: Ft Wilderness. All the guest-decorated cabins, RVs, camper, tents, and golf carts were beautiful AND fun. Like, if your entire neighborhood celebrated Christmas AND had the same full week off together. I think if I ever were at WDW on Dec 25 proper, that's where I would stay so it would feel like Real Christmas.

We stayed at Beach Club Christmas 2017 and had such a great time, resort was great, we even swam in the pool 3 different days that week. And it's an easy walk to Epcot where all countries are decorated. Very festive.

With my family of 5 I book 2 connecting rooms at Port Orleans, we find the suites to be tight.

Though we did love the Baylake Tower suites with separate rooms, two toilets and washer/dryer combo.

Definitely the Beach Club. It’s a very relaxed vibe. Rooms have plenty of space for 5 and the pool can’t be beat!

When you are going I would highly recommend either the Yacht and Beach or Boardwalk. The first week of December will most likely have 3 Christmas parties, so not many nights at MK and you will be within walking distance of Epcot and DHS. There is plenty of festive things to do at Epcot.

I'm going to be a minority here and vote for the Grand Floridian. I think it has one the largest standard rooms at WDW. Has 2 queen beds and a guaranteed daybed. Their standard view is better than most standard views at other deluxe resorts.
The buildings and ground are beautifully decorated at Christmas. Has the biggest gingerbread house and one of the most elegant Chistmas trees ever. You can see the electric water pageant and view fireworks over Cindie's castle. Very convenient should you choose to attend the Christmas party at MK.
GF's Beach pool, although not very large, always has 2-3 lifeguards at the same time, making it feel like the safest Disney pool.

We have done Beach, Yacht and Boardwalk Inn. We LOVE Boardwalk. It is a lot of fun and the pool isn’t quite so intimidating to keep track of your kids. Beach/Yacht stresses me out. My kids are 10 and 8 and not old enough for me to just send them to have fun in a pool. I also didn’t like that you had to leave the pool area to get to the slide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter