Favoriate Book

My favorite book is

Gone with the Wind.

Not sure if this is supposed to be a Disney book, because I don't know of any....

I have a top five, because I can't pick just one.

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
Swan Song by Robert McCammon
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Emma by Jane Austen
The Stand by Stephen King

My favorite non-Disney is Harry Potter :wizard:

My favorite Disney? Well there are so many! I love the Disneyland souvenir books, Walt biographies, the art of books... I really enjoy the Jack Sparrow series and the Legends of the Brethren Court books, and also The Price of Freedom (a POTC book) and really any of the POTC related books. pirate:

Non-Disney is Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. I also love her YA books (Forever, Deenie, Are You There God? It's Me Margaret). I just read Watership Down and it's up there.

I read Alice In Wonderland to DS (he's 7 1/2) and we loved sharing it. Hoping to see some characters from it next year!

Non-Disney is Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. I also love her YA books (Forever, Deenie, Are You There God? It's Me Margaret). I just read Watership Down and it's up there.

I read Alice In Wonderland to DS (he's 7 1/2) and we loved sharing it. Hoping to see some characters from it next year!

The Catcher in the Rye
I love Holden Caulfield!

Charles Dickens' "Bleak House."

Edit: Oh, and in case this was supposed to be a Disney book: "Disney Animation, the Illusion of Life," by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston, the great Disney animators.

Adult or juvenile? Fiction or non-fiction? Too many to name them all.

So, let me just name a book that I just finished. Anne Perry's "Bluegate Fields" the 6th in the Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series of mysteries set in Victorian London, as the book has one of my favorite characters in all of literature.

Arthur Waybourne, the eldest teenage son of an aristocratic family in London, who is found dead in the sewers of one of London's worst slums. Found naked and violated in the beginning of the book, he is the murder victim in this story, who gets the whole story going.

Arthur is one of my favorite characters in literature, because he is so interesting, and he is so interesting, because he is such a cipher. We never see him through our eyes, but only through the eyes of others, and these give such a totally conflicting impression of him.

All of Perry's books are dark. Maybe because she talks about subjects her Victorian characters would rather not talk about, but this may be her darkest, as it deals with . . .

boy prostitutes -- child molestation -- child murder -- a drowning in the tub -- ephebophilia -- a family coverup -- hebephilia -- incest -- perjury -- police misconduct -- procurers -- a scapegoat -- suicide -- venereal disease -- and wrongful prosecution.

From her beginning period. Thus not as well written as her middle period. But better then her late period. Thus a good introduction to the series and recommended for that reason.

Well my user name kind of says it. The Hobbit (AKA There and Back Again). I absolutely adore all of Tolkiens work but the Hobbit I've read since I was very young and fell in love with it right away.

I also like The Feast of Souls by CS Friedman and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling.

Little Women and Secret Garden. I have read both soooooo many times. I love Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince almost as much :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter