Favorite Advent Calendars??

That is super cute! did you decide to go with these instead of the Lindt?

I did got Lindt last year and loved it. Trouble is lindt has free shipping on bf and I wanted to have it here with me by then to send with dd back to college. If they run free ship earlier I'll grab and give Dylan's to dh!

Has anyone ever bought the fancy Byer’s Choice advent calendars? Do they ever go on sale, such as after Christmas? I’d like to get it for next year since I already got my kids 2 calendars each for this year (Lego and Lindt)! Ha!

Has anyone ever bought the fancy Byer’s Choice advent calendars? Do they ever go on sale, such as after Christmas? I’d like to get it for next year since I already got my kids 2 calendars each for this year (Lego and Lindt)! Ha!

Yes and I HATED it. Here is why:

1. Bulky. This takes up space. My advents usually sit on the kitchen table this thing required space in my family room and was akward
2. top heavy. It will want to tip several times during the month I promise
3. Small drawers. It looks cute but these draws are tight...I couldn't fit much more than candy in the little doors.
4. My countdown for advent became when I could I get this thing out of my house onto ebay!!!! sold mine after one season....

I purchased off etsy and again thinking it was a great idea burlap stamped bags that you string across a fireplace or large bay window. Nice and roomy but again a pain for a variety of reasons.

Several years ago LL BEAN had a gorgeous Lighthouse oh wait still have it just checked
https://www.llbean.com/llb/search/?freeText=advent&init=1

Purchased this. VERY STURDY base fit next to nothing. If you are looking to hide a Hershey kiss or small reese cup this is for you. I like little cars, lego figures, chapstick etc. Not happening on this or Byers

Bottom line, stick with disposable! I get so sick of looking at this thing by mid December am always happy to pitch it.....

Yes and I HATED it. Here is why:

1. Bulky. This takes up space. My advents usually sit on the kitchen table this thing required space in my family room and was akward
2. top heavy. It will want to tip several times during the month I promise
3. Small drawers. It looks cute but these draws are tight...I couldn't fit much more than candy in the little doors.
4. My countdown for advent became when I could I get this thing out of my house onto ebay!!!! sold mine after one season....

I purchased off etsy and again thinking it was a great idea burlap stamped bags that you string across a fireplace or large bay window. Nice and roomy but again a pain for a variety of reasons.

Several years ago LL BEAN had a gorgeous Lighthouse oh wait still have it just checked
https://www.llbean.com/llb/search/?freeText=advent&init=1

Purchased this. VERY STURDY base fit next to nothing. If you are looking to hide a Hershey kiss or small reese cup this is for you. I like little cars, lego figures, chapstick etc. Not happening on this or Byers

Bottom line, stick with disposable! I get so sick of looking at this thing by mid December am always happy to pitch it.....
Lol! Thanks for your very practical advice. And yes, I do want to buy it because I read they can fit larger items than candy, such as cars, Lego figures, lip balm. I hadn’t read any reviews of the tipping problem. I’ve got young kids and can hear a crash as soon I look away.
Rethinking! Maybe I will give a Diy a try next year with tp tubes or favor boxes...

I want the 12 days of socks that Target put out, but online most are gone. I hope in store they will have more!

Lol! Thanks for your very practical advice. And yes, I do want to buy it because I read they can fit larger items than candy, such as cars, Lego figures, lip balm. I hadn’t read any reviews of the tipping problem. I’ve got young kids and can hear a crash as soon I look away.
Rethinking! Maybe I will give a Diy a try next year with tp tubes or favor boxes...

I found it tough to fit anything. You can take the car out of the package or the lego guy out of package but that is only hope of it getting in...Lip balm would work..but just the weight of it and pulling on the doors etc. That is why I liked the LL BEAN one it was super sturdy no worries on tipping there but the boxes were oh so small.

We like the Aldi chocolate ones - very reasonable and good chocolate.

We started with the cheapest ones $1.99 each, and each kid got their own. Last year we upgraded to the $4.99 one (bigger pieces of chocolate), and the kids took turns.

I was in Aldi yesterday, and they now also have a $7.99 one that includes truffles. I need to check with my kids to see which one they would prefer.

I also put out a religious one with the pictures that I save and put out every year. It reminds me of my childhood in Chicago. Ray Rayner used to open up a window every day on his morning show.

Thanks for starting this thread OP. I never knew there were so many choices. Growing up we were given the cheapo chocolate calendars. And we loved them! So I have always done that for my kids. Until last year when I got DD a beauty one (from QVC). Then this year, this thread had me looking at all of the different ones out there. Ended up getting DS3 a Hot Wheels one. DD5 a Schleich horse one. And D16 a target beauty one and a target sock one (they are both only 12 days each). So fun! And I still bought the cheapo chocolate ones too. Will never let that tradition die. :)

This is the same one I was going to recommend

I just bought a "Brewer's Advent calendar" at Costco - it is 24 cans of different German beers. It was $59.99 I believe. I am going to give it to my son in law for his birthday in November so he can enjoy it in December.

I remember when Advent calendars just had pictures behind the doors!

I want the 12 days of socks that Target put out, but online most are gone. I hope in store they will have more!

I managed to snag the last Harry Potter one at my local target for DD. The lady seemed surprised they had sold out so fast.
https://www.target.com/p/women-s-harry-potter-12-days-of-socks-set-size-9-11/-/A-52686101

I like this set and have hinted/told DH so fingers crossed.
https://www.target.com/p/women-s-fo...-socks-set-size-9-11/-/A-52694941#lnk=sametab

I have a wood tree with tiny boxes that I bought from Target and struggle to find things to fit in it too. Sometimes we put a piece of paper telling where to find the item. Last year my son was almost 16. We did a fun version and some days would be something good and other days something not so good like a paperclip. LOL. So he never knew if it would be a piece of candy, cool item, or a silly thing. We had money for the last day so he enjoyed that and it made up for the silly things like a paperclip. I just saw one on etsy that is made for beer but I think you could use it for anything and it would solve the problem of such small boxes to fill. The link wont work on dis but if you put advent calendar beer box it will show up. It just says cheer on it with a snowman.

Last edited:

I love these!! Looks like the two sets I want are in stock at a Target in a city we will be traveling through tomorrow. Crossing my fingers!!

The Lego Star Wars advent set is on sale for $31.99 at Target. Score! I tried to get the HP socks at Target yesterday and they were sold out

Love this thread! Lindt has free shipping over $30. I needed two, so I just put in a small item to get over $30.

Stopped by a Target today that showed the 12 Days of Socks in stock. Talked to two different associates who both told me they were in the back and would be put on shelves tomorrow. Hopefully will still be in stock when I go back through on Sunday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!