Favorite Advent Calendars??

My mother actually always made our advent calendars - she still does! She sewed little drawstring backs out of leftovers Christmas fabric scraps and ribbon scraps and the used gold fabric paint to paint the numbers on. Then she had my dad but a board and screw in those cheap little gold cup hooks, one for each day, and she hangs the bags on them. Each bag has some little treat we like in them, I remember all sorts of fun things from little toys to candies when I was a kid and it was always way better than any advent calendar bought in store. She never spent much on it, but it was always really special for my brother and I :)

So the past few years, I have gotten DD a Disney Tsum Tsum advent calendar from Costco or Target (the mini plastic figures). The only one I have seen this year is directly from Disney and is actual Tsum Tsum figures (and four times the cost). Any idea on if they will have the mini figure ones again? Any sightings?

Wanted to post here and let everyone know I saw some Advent Calendars for kids at Target today. I saw Lego, Grinch, Star Wars Micro Force, Hatchimals and Lego Star Wars that I can remember. Just wanted to let everyone know in case there's a specific one you want for your kids, I'd go sooner rather than later.

My DS is under 3 so I have to watch the small parts. So far I've found a Little People one and a V-tech one (both on Amazon), I'll probably get him Little People but I'll make sure to post if I find any others good for the under threes.

So the past few years, I have gotten DD a Disney Tsum Tsum advent calendar from Costco or Target (the mini plastic figures). The only one I have seen this year is directly from Disney and is actual Tsum Tsum figures (and four times the cost). Any idea on if they will have the mini figure ones again? Any sightings?

Much as I hate to say it, I'm going to guess there won't be one this year. The toys themselves seem to be on the way out, and I've gotten quite a few of them (both plastic and plush) on clearance at Walmart and Target. I speak with zero real knowledge, but just speculating.

And since we now have a Harry Potter obsession in the household, I don't think a Disney Tsum Tsum calendar would delight as much as it did last year. I'm thinking of taking one of the Harry Potter Lego sets that came out recently and dividing the parts into ziplock bags or envelopes for each day. A DIY Advent calendar! Of course that means I'll have to get out the directions and find the pieces that go with each step, but it could be a fun twist. And instead of 24 small items she'll end up with one decent-sized full item for a similar cost as the pre-done calendars.

Much as I hate to say it, I'm going to guess there won't be one this year. The toys themselves seem to be on the way out, and I've gotten quite a few of them (both plastic and plush) on clearance at Walmart and Target. I speak with zero real knowledge, but just speculating.

And since we now have a Harry Potter obsession in the household, I don't think a Disney Tsum Tsum calendar would delight as much as it did last year. I'm thinking of taking one of the Harry Potter Lego sets that came out recently and dividing the parts into ziplock bags or envelopes for each day. A DIY Advent calendar! Of course that means I'll have to get out the directions and find the pieces that go with each step, but it could be a fun twist. And instead of 24 small items she'll end up with one decent-sized full item for a similar cost as the pre-done calendars.

I'm afraid you are right. I am thinking I'm going to get some tsum tsums on clearance and make my own. The lego idea is a great idea too! Too bad they don't have a harry potter advent calendar.

I just purchased (preordered) the Harry Potter calendar from Gamestop online last night. It was a lot cheaper than Amazon when I checked.

Last year, I gave DD the Sephora Advent Calendar with little samples for each day. She said it was a flop. It was expensive too. Boo.

Last year, I gave DD the Sephora Advent Calendar with little samples for each day. She said it was a flop. It was expensive too. Boo.

I've been looking at a few of the beauty calendars (Sephora, Body Works, a few others) and it seems that all of them would be hit or miss for my DD -- for example, she likes face masks and bath bombs but not shower gels or nail files . . . I think I might just pick up a bunch of small things I know she will like and make my own for her.

I just purchased (preordered) the Harry Potter calendar from Gamestop online last night. It was a lot cheaper than Amazon when I checked.

I was just coming here to say that! I had preordered it from Amazon, and this morning found the Gamestop one. I ordered through Gamestop and canceled the Amazon one.

For anyone looking for the beer advent calendars, I just saw and ad for Costco advertising a German beer advent calendar for 59.99

Apparently it depends on where you live. The Midwest region doesn't get this product, thus, I had to make my own beer advent calendars for my DS, his GF, and my niece's husband.

Add me to the list of those looking for a teen boy / not Lego or candy. If anyone sees a jerky one, I'd love a link.

I've pre-ordered the HP Funko one for DD and am stalking the Bonne Maman for myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter