Favorite Anaheim resort area place to stay and why-OFF PROPERTY

My favorite used to be Best Western Anaheim Inn. When we started staying there 5 years ago, it was $129/night. Now, we’re lucky if we can find a room under $209/night there. I LOVED the free parking, hot breakfast and location.
Now we stay at Desert Inn. Even with the parking and resort fees, it’s WAY cheaper than BW and we only use the hotel to sleep. We are budget people and the Desert Inn works perfectly for us. The location is great and they have a fridge/microwave in the room so we have everything we need.

We've stayed at HoJo's, the Candy Cane Inn, and the Anaheim Camelot Inn and Suites. We love HoJo's with a super discount rate, but those are fewer to find these days and it is more of a walk at the end of the day. Candy Cane Inn was great, has a continental breakfast and its own shuttle, but is a little more costly, much more so if going in larger groups that need multiple rooms. The last couple of trips we've stayed at the Anaheim Camelot Inn -- really close to the crosswalk, a good price for a 2-room family suite that sleeps up to 6, and it is being refurbished -- our May trip we got a newly refurbished suite and it was beautiful. It does have a minifridge and a microwave. The 4th floor pool is small (as in 3 1/2 ft deep for its full length) and we had freeway noise through the apparently NOT-refurbished front door, but it was basically white noise so not a problem sleeping. If I were going with just 1 or 2 other people, I'd go back to Candy Cane Inn since it's just a little nicer, but for a larger family group the Anaheim Camelot Inn works well.

Homewood suites
Free breakfast, dinner and drinks m-th, decent pool, quiet actual hotel room,

I used to stay at a variety of motels across the st. Camelot inn, desert inn (the worst), BWPPI (fave). But I’m getting old & picky. Post kids we have to stay in a suite. Plus they need quiet rest time mid day and it’s just changed my whole travel style from open-close parks (even when not traveling with them). But In dec sib and I stayed at BWPPI since no kids. It was horrible! White noise helped but it was really loud. I just can’t do motels anymore.

My fav is Best Western Stovall's on Katella. It's clean, safe, and reasonably priced. The beds are comfortable, the free breakfast is good and includes an assortment of hot items, and I LOVE the pool area. There are 2 big pools, 2 hot tubs, and one small wading pool for kids, and it's surrounded by cute topiary animals.

My fav is Best Western Stovall's on Katella. It's clean, safe, and reasonably priced. The beds are comfortable, the free breakfast is good and includes an assortment of hot items, and I LOVE the pool area. There are 2 big pools, 2 hot tubs, and one small wading pool for kids, and it's surrounded by cute topiary animals.
Is this within walking distance to the park or do you need a car? Or do they have a shuttle?

Is this within walking distance to the park or do you need a car? Or do they have a shuttle?
Stovall's is walking distance if you don't have any mobility issues. You will walk north on Disneyland Dr. to the PPH, then cut across the PPH parking lot toward the DLH, follow the path to the DLH bag check by EOS, and enter the secure zone into DTD. From that point, it is about a 5+ minute walk to the park gates. You used to be able to cut through the GCH on the way to the parks, but not any more. However, you can cut through the GCH on the way back to Stovall's, which will save a little time and be a very scenic shortcut.
You won't need a car if Uber or Lyft will be an option. You can request to be dropped off at either the Harbor or DTD drop off locations.

The last few trips I've found a Priceline Express deal for Fairfield Anaheim Resort for $88-$99/night. They do charge for parking believe it's about $18-$20/night however. We typically fly now from the east bay area so that isn't as big a deal.

We love the proximity, the beds are super comfy , spacious rooms , even with outdoor corridors it is a good property with a spacious pool and hot tub as well. Mimi's cafe , Panera Bread and McDonald's are right in front too.

I also love Tropicana and Camelot Inn as well.

It's a pretty quick walk. As theluckyrabit pointed out, without any mobility issues, it's easy. It's barely farther than the hotels at Harbor and Katella (the difference in distance is the length of Downtown Disney). I'm a leisurely walker, and it took me 15 or so minutes--4 from hotel room to crossing the street, 6 from the north side of the intersection to the Earl Of Sandwich security entrance, and then the length of DtD (maybe 5-7 minutes). For those with mobility issues using a scooter, it's all flat the whole way :)

Stovall's is walking distance if you don't have any mobility issues. You will walk north on Disneyland Dr. to the PPH, then cut across the PPH parking lot toward the DLH, follow the path to the DLH bag check by EOS, and enter the secure zone into DTD. From that point, it is about a 5+ minute walk to the park gates. You used to be able to cut through the GCH on the way to the parks, but not any more. However, you can cut through the GCH on the way back to Stovall's, which will save a little time and be a very scenic shortcut.
You won't need a car if Uber or Lyft will be an option. You can request to be dropped off at either the Harbor or DTD drop off locations.
It's a pretty quick walk. As theluckyrabit pointed out, without any mobility issues, it's easy. It's barely farther than the hotels at Harbor and Katella (the difference in distance is the length of Downtown Disney). I'm a leisurely walker, and it took me 15 or so minutes--4 from hotel room to crossing the street, 6 from the north side of the intersection to the Earl Of Sandwich security entrance, and then the length of DtD (maybe 5-7 minutes). For those with mobility issues using a scooter, it's all flat the whole way :)
Thank you both very much!

We’ve booked at Peacock Suits. We’re taking the train down (Coastal route) so parking wasn’t a concern-this time🤣. The rooms look huge and it’s got really good ratings across the board (Google & other booking engines). It’s not walking distance but at the end of the night, any distance seems far when your old & fat like us 🤣🤣🤣. For 6 nights we’re paying $760, so pretty good price.

We’ve booked at Peacock Suits. We’re taking the train down (Coastal route) so parking wasn’t a concern-this time🤣. The rooms look huge and it’s got really good ratings across the board (Google & other booking engines). It’s not walking distance but at the end of the night, any distance seems far when your old & fat like us 🤣🤣🤣. For 6 nights we’re paying $760, so pretty good price.

Have a great trip!

Park vue. Right at the crosswalk so has the closest walk, free breakfast and clean. It’s our favorite hands down. Many people rave about Candy Cane but we found their rooms tiny and the walk was far. For us, all the harbor places are motels and nothing that special so may as well stay at the closest one.

you can uber home from the park if needed.

As promised, I came back to give a short review of the Park Vue Inn.

A little background: I’m a Disney Vacation Club member who lives in Southern Caliy and have only stayed at Disney owned properties, both villas and regular hotel rooms when visiting Disney World and Disneyland, never stayed off site except once many years ago at an Embassy Suites type location in Anaheim.

Anyway, we had two SWGE reservations on opening day and I decided at last minute to get a hotel room. Nothing was available at any of the Disney Hotels so I settled on Park Vue Inn which is directly across the street from the Disneyland Harbor entrance. I was less than enthusiastic about our stay here but it was what it was.

I booked an accessible room since I had my ECV with me. My son and I checked in at 4:30. Front desk staff was pleasant and the process was quick. Can’t remember our room number, but it was on the first floor toward the back of the hotel. Parking was easy, I found a spot right in front of our room. Upon entering, the first thing I did was check for bed bugs or any other critters and for room cleanliness before bringing our things in. Check and check, room was very clean and no insects. The room was very spacious, had two queens and plenty of space for my ECV. A big plus was the plethora of USB ports as my son and I had ten devices between the two of us that needed overnight charging. My bed wasn’t comfortable, it was barely acceptable but then again I have a Tempurpedic adjustable at home; my son said his was fine.

As for breakfast, we didn’t get to try it out since we went straight to Disneyland after checking out the next morning at 8:00. Another plus is that I was able to leave my car at the hotel until midnight which was nice.

If you’re looking for a very basic but clean room close to the parks, this would fit the bill although I feel that $177 is overpriced for what it is, but you’re paying for the convenience factor.

We have 2 places we choose from- Tropicana Inn and suites- Clean rooms and only 1 main stoplight from hotel to Disneyland at one point we had left our room and got to security check line in 4 minutes. This one is are favorite especially during summer can go back to the room whenever you like. 2- Castle inn and suites- Couple blocks down from Tropicana still only a 10-12min walk to Disneyland good comfortable rooms and even free parking!

We tried Holiday Inn on S Manchester for a few days last week and it wasn’t bad. They have the ART shuttle bus stop right in the parking lot but we found it only cost like $7 for a lyft/Uber to the park (and since I used Uber foods one day I ended up getting 50% off rides for the rest of the week).

My daughter really enjoyed HOJO last November though.

We like the Hyatt Orange County. It has a shuttle, and we're Hyatt members so we get perks. The rooms are comfy and we always look forward to one of the shuttle drivers who says "Thank you for your partici-PA-tion!" The breakfasts are good (we book with breakfast). The pool is good as well. But it's not cheap--that's why we do the Hyatt membership, so we can use points.

I can't wait for our trip, I think I'm as excited for the train ride. LOL

We usually stay at either Tropicana or Camelot Inn and Suites and I would recommend both. We don't bring a car, generally, so parking fees aren't an issue but I do know that can be pricey.

We've stayed at the Best Western Anaheim Inn and the Tropicana. The BWAI was good, decent breakfast and accommodating when we ask for a room at the back to be quieter. I agree with other folks that it's gone up in price considerably over the last few years.
Stayed at the Tropicana last year and really liked it. Will book it again if possible. Clean, comfy and friendly staff. Pool and hot tub were good too, mostly quiet and maintained. Again, they were very accommodating when we asked for a quiet room towards the back.
We did stay at the Castle Inn and Suites a few years ago and wouldn't go back. It was ok, but the shower pressure and temp were lacking and at the end of a long day in the park, the walk was longer than we wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter