Favorite bartenders around Universal

tony67

DIS Veteran
Wanted to post a thread to give a mention to the better bartenders (and bars) around Universal (Parks, CityWalk and Resorts)

I spend a fair amount of time in them on my solo trips and get to know and chat with many of them.
Some are total professionals really interested in mixology and others are just there for a job.

Would be good to get some of other people favorites so I know who to look for when I go in or what I might be missing out on.
Also there are still a handful of places that have a happy hour so please share those with us as well.

In no particular order:
Lenny at Strong Water Tavern - he is now the Rum Captain - but he remembers people and really treats you well - he actually remembered me from my trip six months ago - he makes a killer Mai Thai. I've had drinks made by some of the other bartenders there and they are not all that good - so I pretty much wait for Lenny to make my drink.

Joe - Lone Palm Airport - I'm not a fan of Jimmy Buffet so I've never tried this place. I felt like sittign outside in CityWalk and people watching - but there really not as many options as there should be IMO - so I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised. Joe made some killer drinks (Try the Zombie or the Perfect margarita). He was also quite friendly and chatty - this place is now a goto for me.

Jake - Toothsome Chocolate Emporium - he has a great knowledge of drinks (and trendy places in the area) - every drink recommendation he had was good - once we you get to know him he is very talkative - and he vaguely remembered me. try the chocolate stout or the Chocolate revolutionary

Jim- at Finnegan - this guy is a legend with most of the bartenders in Universal - they all know him and like him and although he mostly pulls pints he is a good solid guy - there is another bartender who usually works with him - but I cant recall his name

Nicholas - backwater bar - yet another bartender who remembered me from my last visit a few months back. He actually makes a major effort to get to know names and people seem to comeback threw out the day and he knows them all by name and usually remembers their drink. Monica who seems to be his backup or the junior bartender is also very good - and when they are both working you can tell they are having a great time - even though they are very stressed- it's a busy place.

Bars:
NBC Grill - this is a great bar - with an amazing beer selection - unfortunately the staff is somewhat uninterested in their job and the music plays on a loop. It's an 8 hour loop - but I seemed to hear the same music every time I went in. I wish this place had a bar outside with a view of the citywalk area - would be much more interested in hanging out then. The apps here are ridiculously large. I wish they ahd a bar with a better view of CityWalk to people watch.

Lobby bar in Aventura - this place is hit or miss depending who is behind the bar. Sadly it is better than the rooftop bar and they have a happy our with drink Specials.

Amatista Cookhouse - didn't get a chance to stop in on this trip - so many bars so little time - but they have happy hour with drinks and apps. Dez was a good bartender the last time I was there, but I did not see him there this time.

Antojitos - great bar with free chips and salsa - I dont know the bartenders name - but he is the big guy with the beard. Try the habenero margarita

Last edited:
Jim has retired from Finnegans now. Made the best cocktails!!

Lenny is excellent, I agree.....but have to say no matter who makes our cocktails in Strong Water.....never been disappointed.

I think we know them all in there by now after three years. Even better, they know us!!

Jim has retired from Finnegans now. Made the best cocktails!!

Lenny is excellent, I agree.....but have to say no matter who makes our cocktails in Strong Water.....never been disappointed.

I think we know them all in there by now after three years. Even better, they know us!!

Jim will be missed. We were looking forward to visiting with him in May.

Jim will be missed. We were looking forward to visiting with him in May.

Yes, he`ll be missed. One of the best barmen around.....he always used to laugh at my cocktail choices.....

He was almost 70, so decided it was time......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter