Favorite Childhood ride/show

figmentgirl

DIS Veteran
This is for all the Disney lovers who went to WDW and DL when you were kids. Remember when you were young and if you liked a ride you would ride it again and again and again and again. For me it was "Small World" when I was very young, and when I hit 8 I became addicted to the Haunted Mansion. My poor grandma would spend all afternoon on that house!:scared:

What was your favorite ride/show when you were young?

I loved DLs Mine Train when I was little, and would ride Peter Pan over and over again to see the little twinkling lights below. When I flew for the first time, I said, "It looks like Peter Pan!"

When they built PoTC, that over and over again, to see the hair on the legs of the animatronic guy. In those days, you had coupon books, and had to space out your e-tickets. You could get an extra coupon book of only E-Tickets for $5. Sometimes my parents could afford that, and those were wonderful days at Disneyland.

I loved DLs Mine Train when I was little, and would ride Peter Pan over and over again to see the little twinkling lights below. When I flew for the first time, I said, "It looks like Peter Pan!"

When they built PoTC, that over and over again, to see the hair on the legs of the animatronic guy. In those days, you had coupon books, and had to space out your e-tickets. You could get an extra coupon book of only E-Tickets for $5. Sometimes my parents could afford that, and those were wonderful days at Disneyland.

I never knew about the coupon books. Wow that's interesting:goodvibes

I have fond memories of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea; I think I must have believed we were really deep under water! ;)

wow, such great memories. i do remember riding 20,000 leagues under the sea. but i looked up and the effect was ruined. i remember my favs being mr toads wild ride, the wedway people mover/tta. i just found out that it will be closed when i go, i am very saddened by this and space mountain will be too. disney back then... like in the 70s was so different. i remember we went during thanksgiving and there was NOBODY there. im almost 40 now and i understand as an adult that yes its an amusment park. but as soon as i step through those gates any trace of reality goes by the wayside and i am a kid again. unbelievable my hats off to disney for creating magic year after year!

Wedway people mover LOL..can't call it TTA. Why I liked it - there was never a line.

and Jungle Cruise.

My favorite was always pirates!!! I could have ridden that thing over an over again if my parents would have let me :). Nowdays I still love Pirates and it's still my favorite, but there are others that are pretty darn close. Such as TTA (bummed it will be closed when we go in May)

I think it was a tie between Peter Pan and POTC.
I loved looking for Tinkerbell in the queue area where they load the guests into the boats. She would be flying back and forth.
My sister loved COP and would talk about it constantly. We loved the different dogs in each scene!

Wedway people mover LOL..can't call it TTA. Why I liked it - there was never a line.

and Jungle Cruise.
never a line and i used to be scared to go on space mountain so when it went thru and i could see it, i thought that was the coolest thing ever!

For me it was the Skyway gondola ride. I loved riding high above the park with my daddy. My brother, sister, and mom were afraid of the height so it was a special time with just me & my dad.

I used to think the cars looked just like brightly colored gum balls in the sky!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter