Favorite Cookie

My mom's chocolate chip cookies. They are a soft kind. I'm not a fan of hard chocolate chip cookies personally having grown up on soft, pillowy, kind :D

No one has been able to make it like she does though. It has to do with her oven, the seasoned pans she uses as well as the timing used and years and years worth of making them.

We're going to make them at my house next week more than likely so we'll see how they cook over here with a gas oven.

Nestles Toll House recipe when I was a kid. I don't have a clue why, but I can't make them with the recipe on the bag today. Dad was the cookie baker and they were thin and chewy with concentrated flavors. I've tried every kind of way of incorporating the fat (butter, crisco, melted butter, softened butter, etc) and they come out risen up and cake like.

The formula for crisco has changed over the years, which could impact the results you get from baking if using an older recipe.

Gingerbread but only if it’s thin and chewy and that’s nearly impossible to find. I don’t bake or cook so experimenting with recipes to do it myself is more likely to burn half my town down than result in an edible cookie.

I also love Koulourakia (or however the heck you spell it in English), but also hard to find where I am. I sometimes have my mom send them from a local bakery where she lives. I think I only love these since I grew up eating them. Depending on how much butter is used they can be a bit bland. I’ve never handed one to an adult to taste for the first time that’s actually liked one :rotfl2:

My absolute favourite cookie is lebkuchen, a German cookie. My mother-in-law made the best lebkuchen! Before that, my Mom's peanut butter cookies were my fave. Mom only used real peanut butter. She'd buy raw peanuts, roast them herself, then grind them into peanut butter.

I love too many cookies to pick a favorite!!

(I'd rather leave the raisins out of the oatmeal ones, though.)
My DD makes peanut butter oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips. We call them the “healthy” cookies. :rotfl2:

If they’re fresh baked, homemade and are a cookie, I’m all in. I like em all for many different reasons. I don’t like over complicated though. I’ll choose a classic chocolate chip or sugar cookie over a “caramel, Reese’s, double chocolate, cheesecake with pretzels” contraption any day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter