• Richter's Burger Co

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Kid Zone Pizza Company

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Simpson's Fast Food Boulevard

Votes: 35 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What do you like to eat at the Leaky Cauldron? I look at the menu and just don't know what to think of it. :)
I like the traditional breakfast - but you dont get a choice for the eggs - they only do scambled :(

the fishermans pie is pretty good as well - the side salad is a joke though - there is more dressing in the packet than salad on the plate imo.

I think maybe the beans at breakfast is more of a Canadian thing, than a British one? Most diners around here (Ontario) offer pork and beans with your bacon-or-sausage and eggs and home fries.

My mother-in-law used to make her own beans to serve at breakfast, using salt pork. Yum!

I'm a western Canadian...And we have never had beans for breakfast...so that could definitely be an eastern Canadian thing. But we do eat beans as a side with some meals for dinner, but never for breakfast. :crazy2: :-)

I'm a western Canadian...And we have never had beans for breakfast...so that could definitely be an eastern Canadian thing. But we do eat beans as a side with some meals for dinner, but never for breakfast. :crazy2: :-)

I'm from Ontario and have never eaten beans for breakfast either.

Note to self: Try some more places at Universal this trip.

We've done 3 Broomsticks twice now...years apart but weren't thrilled the food or the prices for what we got there.

We actually had a pretty good lunch at Monster's Cafe last time...I think it was a rotisserie chicken served with veggies that hubby and I split and the broccoli (yes I said it..a real veggie) was really good for "fast food".

Louie's was hands-down the best one though. Our family of five was able to split a pizza here and a few salads and it was the cheapest fast food meal we had the whole time I think. So I guess my vote for now is Louie's.

I think maybe the beans at breakfast is more of a Canadian thing, than a British one? Most diners around here (Ontario) offer pork and beans with your bacon-or-sausage and eggs and home fries.

My mother-in-law used to make her own beans to serve at breakfast, using salt pork. Yum!
Definitely a British and Irish thing as well - the key is the correct beans though - not the baked bean in a sweet thick sauce that we tend to get in the US but the Heinz beans from the UK - they are in a tangy tomato sauce. One place I go to does an Irish breakfast roll - so Fried Eggs, with Irish bacon, white & black pudding, Irish sausage & beans on a grilled roll. the beans is what really makes the whole thing for me (and a runny fried egg)

Some additional info here:
http://www.jenspends.com/finding-british-style-baked-beans-in-america/

me and my wife love the Monsters Cafe, mainly for the decor though. The old movie posters are great.

I'm in Ontario. No beans for breakfast. I've never heard of it, and I've never seen it in a restaurant. My mom is from the Isle of Man, and she's never had beans with breakfast. Maybe a regional thing?

I'm in Ontario. No beans for breakfast. I've never heard of it, and I've never seen it in a restaurant. My mom is from the Isle of Man, and she's never had beans with breakfast. Maybe a regional thing?

Beans are always served in hotels and bed and breakfasts as part of a full English breakfast usually.....all over the country, maybe not as common every day in homes.......but when folks over here talk about a full breakfast, beans are usually a part of it........I hate beans so always ask for a cooked breakfast without them.

I've been to the IOM and it's lovely, and yep, even they serve beans for breakfast in hotels........it's very common......sadly.......lol......

Beans are always served in hotels and bed and breakfasts as part of a full English breakfast usually.....all over the country, maybe not as common every day in homes.......but when folks over here talk about a full breakfast, beans are usually a part of it........I hate beans so always ask for a cooked breakfast without them.

I've been to the IOM and it's lovely, and yep, even they serve beans for breakfast in hotels........it's very common......sadly.......lol......
So maybe she did have them but knew better than to make them for us:rotfl:. She probably didn't like them either.

Must be regional! :)

My mother-in-law's family is Irish, so that might be part of it, too.

Children’s menu items include macaroni and cheese, fish-and-chips, and mini meat pies (for your budding Sweeny Todd enthusiast).
do you know if adults can order from the kids menu? I'm not one to normally go for small meals but I really do want to try as much of a variety as I can that relates to Harry Potter on our trip! So many candies and desserts so I'm thinking I'm going to have to do small portions. I also get extreme motion sickness so I'm thinking small meals will help the as well.

do you know if adults can order from the kids menu? I'm not one to normally go for small meals but I really do want to try as much of a variety as I can that relates to Harry Potter on our trip! So many candies and desserts so I'm thinking I'm going to have to do small portions. I also get extreme motion sickness so I'm thinking small meals will help the as well.

Yes, anyone can order the kids meals.

Mel's is my top choice. Best hamburger fries and shakes! I enjoy the atmosphere and watching the people outside the window as we eat.

I'm from Ontario and have never eaten beans for breakfast either.

My husband is from NFLD and commonly eats toast and beans (the canned HEINZ variety) for breakfast. Sometimes eggs are included. I often see beans on breakfast menus in Ontario restaurants.

I get a Krusty Burger or Chicken & Waffles - everyone else prefers the Korean BBQ tacos at the Bumblebee Taco Truck. Then we grab Duff beer at the waterside bar and eat at a table down by the water. If extremely hot outside, we may opt for a table in Krusty or Moe's.

The big pink donut is not only a novelty, it tastes fantastic. Pretty dense for a donut, but not dry at all. We used one as my granddaughter's birthday cake last year.

I’m Canadian, and I have neve heard of beans for breakfast. It must be an East coast thing.

Definitely a British and Irish thing as well - the key is the correct beans though - not the baked bean in a sweet thick sauce that we tend to get in the US but the Heinz beans from the UK - they are in a tangy tomato sauce.
Y'all are cracking me up with the beans debate! It is definitely an Irish thing, and I agree with Schumi that is a restaurant/hotel/B&B thing. My DH is from outside Dublin, and he insists on keeping Heinz beans in our pantry. Ugh - he serves it as beans and toast throughout the day, but not usually for breakfast. He tries to argue with me that it gives him a complete protein. I don't believe it!
We stayed at a resort in Spain that caters to Irish & British tourists for a wedding - we had the daily breakfast buffet included in our rate. Beans every morning on the buffet with the other "traditional" Irish fare of eggs, sausages, toast, etc. I was missing the yummy Spanish selections at our previous hotel after the 2nd day!

Y'all are cracking me up with the beans debate! It is definitely an Irish thing, and I agree with Schumi that is a restaurant/hotel/B&B thing. My DH is from outside Dublin, and he insists on keeping Heinz beans in our pantry. Ugh - he serves it as beans and toast throughout the day, but not usually for breakfast. He tries to argue with me that it gives him a complete protein. I don't believe it!
We stayed at a resort in Spain that caters to Irish & British tourists for a wedding - we had the daily breakfast buffet included in our rate. Beans every morning on the buffet with the other "traditional" Irish fare of eggs, sausages, toast, etc. I was missing the yummy Spanish selections at our previous hotel after the 2nd day!

Sounds like my nightmare place to stay........British breakfast place while in Spain!!! No.......just no......lol.......

I don’t eat beans, but apparently yes, gotta be Heinz!

I get a Krusty Burger or Chicken & Waffles - everyone else prefers the Korean BBQ tacos at the Bumblebee Taco Truck. Then we grab Duff beer at the waterside bar and eat at a table down by the water. If extremely hot outside, we may opt for a table in Krusty or Moe's.

The big pink donut is not only a novelty, it tastes fantastic. Pretty dense for a donut, but not dry at all. We used one as my granddaughter's birthday cake last year.

I thought the donut was going to be dry looking at it......but, we were very surprised how nice it was.

Love the idea of using it as a birthday cake! It’s certainly big enough......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!