Favorite Frozen Treats During Summer

RedAngie

Sea Level Lady
My favorite has always been orange creamsicles.

product-listing3-1-364x376.png

Also like firecracker pops.

Firecracker_300x300.png

I'm with ya on the frozen adult beverages! :drinking1

As far as frozen treats, I love chocolate covered bananas (especially rolled in nuts), Toasted Almond Bars, and root beer popsicles (banana a close second).

I like frozen pops, I actually have one every night (I like cherry, grape, orange). Those are nice, but by far my favorite is something like Menchies. Self serve frozen yogurt....mmmmmmmm...... It's very rare that I eat it, in fact almost never except when we're on vacation. The local large gas station chain (Race Trac) has $3 self serve frozen yogurt. We went on the 4th of July for a family treat. I filled that cup to the very tippy top, and it's a big cup. Love it, love it, love it. It's DWs guilty pleasure too. She shows incredible restraint in all of her nutrition, but when we hit a frozen yogurt place, she is the vacuum cleaner that sucks up any leftovers from the kids (I filled their cups extra on purpose).

That, and how I dearly miss Rita's Italian Ice. There's one here in Atlanta, but it's 45 minutes from my house. Back home, there were 3 in every small town and it's awesome. They have "water ice" here, but it's not the same, not even close.

Coke floats are my #1. But, I also like just a classic twist cone with sprinkles or the raspberry and lemon Dole things (same as the Dole Whips just different flavors).

I love frozen grapes, and sugar free popsicles that way I can have two of them and not feel guilty. :)

Those cheap ice pops that you buy by the bag. I usually get a couple of bags when I buy them. I usually have one or two a day.

Make mine a pina colada and yes, for some reason it just doesn't seem right to drink them during the colder months.

As for frozen treats, give me a good, old-school grape popsicle; the kind you can break in half and share. :thumbsup2

As kids, we were never able to split those twin pops in half equally. Someone always got more than the other.

I like frozen pops, I actually have one every night (I like cherry, grape, orange). Those are nice, but by far my favorite is something like Menchies. Self serve frozen yogurt....mmmmmmmm...... It's very rare that I eat it, in fact almost never except when we're on vacation. The local large gas station chain (Race Trac) has $3 self serve frozen yogurt. We went on the 4th of July for a family treat. I filled that cup to the very tippy top, and it's a big cup. Love it, love it, love it. It's DWs guilty pleasure too. She shows incredible restraint in all of her nutrition, but when we hit a frozen yogurt place, she is the vacuum cleaner that sucks up any leftovers from the kids (I filled their cups extra on purpose).

That, and how I dearly miss Rita's Italian Ice. There's one here in Atlanta, but it's 45 minutes from my house. Back home, there were 3 in every small town and it's awesome. They have "water ice" here, but it's not the same, not even close.

We went to Rita's the other night. My local location brought back key lime water ice after an absence of several years. Yum.

Make mine a pina colada and yes, for some reason it just doesn't seem right to drink them during the colder months.

As for frozen treats, give me a good, old-school grape popsicle; the kind you can break in half and share. :thumbsup2

I think any tropical frozen concoction is perfect in the summer :drinking1

Outshine Bars, especially the pineapple in coconut water.

Those are very good, my favorite is the coconut. There is another brand that the ice cream man carries which are even better but I never see it in stores.

Sno-balls. The real New Orleans kind in a cup, not the Hostess bakery thing. Hawaiians have a similar treat they call Shave Ice, but it's not exactly the same. To be what I want, it must be made from a solid block of 0° F ice in one of these:
SouthernSnowMachine.gif

Furthermore, to really hit the spot, it needs to be either Spearmint (see below example from Sal's in Metairie) or Wedding Cake flavored, though I'm also fond of coconut. It will be served in a politically-incorrect syrofoam cup that makes the icy goodness last as long as possible, and it will be accompanied by a spoon and a long straw that will allow me to get every last drop of house-made syrup. (I prefer mine without sweetened condensed milk on top, but the stand must have it available to prove that they know what they are doing.)

29315273_10155907203396201_5250676658427396096_n.jpg

Thankfully, the proper equipment has made its way upriver, and I can now get my fix 5 blocks from my home! (Though I do have to bring my own funnel, to teach the new kids working the counter how to properly round the top every year. And yes, properly rounding the top makes a difference in how the syrup gets distributed through the snow.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter