Favorite Hawaiian products to enjoy at home?

Happy Anniversary!

Would you mind sharing your North Shore style garlic shrimp recipe? We visited the North Shore in Jan and had the best garlic shrimp from a food truck. I haven't been able to locate a recipe similar to what we had there.

Thanks so much! I am happy to share the recipe, it is so easy and so so so good.
I have tried different recipes, basically shell on and shell off and once with cayenne (we did not like it as much)
The ones at Ted's Bakery (my personal favourite) are shell off and have fresh shaved parmesan cheese so that is how I usually do them at home.
The basic idea is to dredge them first in flour/salt/paprika and the paprika is what makes the difference for me.
Also, be SURE to take the garlic out before you cook the shrimp so it doesn't burn

http://www.evseats.com/hawaiian-garlic-shrimp/

Thanks so much! I am happy to share the recipe, it is so easy and so so so good.
I have tried different recipes, basically shell on and shell off and once with cayenne (we did not like it as much)
The ones at Ted's Bakery (my personal favourite) are shell off and have fresh shaved parmesan cheese so that is how I usually do them at home.
The basic idea is to dredge them first in flour/salt/paprika and the paprika is what makes the difference for me.
Also, be SURE to take the garlic out before you cook the shrimp so it doesn't burn

This looks delicious! Will definitely give it a try. Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you so much!! I can’t wait to try it out!

@alohamom I know of a personal shopper, and she's GREAT!! PM me for details. I don't know her personally or anything, but she's been fantastic. I'm still waiting for Aulani to open to place my next order with her.

We also buy Hawaiian Snow shave ice syrup concentrates and make shave ice at home, just like at Aulani. Yummy!!
www.shaveicesupplies.com - I have confirmed that Aulani uses these syrups. A little goes a long way, so the smallest bottles are fine for most households if you order multiple flavours to have on hand. We bought the bigger bottles and will have syrup for many years to come...

I can't believe no one has mentioned POG juice! I found it once pre-mixed (forget the brand), but often have to mix it from separate juice concentrates.

It's even better with rum!

-Paul
Costco sells it. Langers brand, I stocked up.

We always have Anara Spa shampoo on hand. I just looked and they aren’t selling anything right now due to coronavirus. We may run dry of Coco Mango. Once they are running again, I would recommend that stuff. Smells so good.
I just got a new shipment of Coco Mango. The world feels ever so slightly more right now.

Ono Giant Shrimp Chips

Costco has the best deal for them that I’ve seen ($10.49/10oz bag). ABC store and many other places sell smaller size bags.
We ended up having more space in our luggage so bought another 3 bags after taking this picture :dogdance:

Attachments

• 409431FC-0799-4EDC-86B4-C5DE5668F98E.jpeg
    409431FC-0799-4EDC-86B4-C5DE5668F98E.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 9
Are these the things they serve at Emerils Tchoup Tchoup?? I love those things!!

Never been to Emerils, but these chips are usually served with crispy chicken at Chinese banquets. Ono adds Furikake and makes it super good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!