Favorite Holiday Drinks?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
What are some of your favorite holiday drinks? I love red sangria and a hot buttered rum. Not a fan of egg nog however.

I like eggnog, but tend not to tempt myself since it is high in carbs and fat.
I made my own last year and it was really good, but not sure if I have time this year.

Christmas tea.....but I do drink that year round

Hot buttered rum, Gluhwein, pomegranate martini and the above mentioned holiday beers are all big at our home.
As is water & aspirin:santa:

I make a frozen holiday punch that I serve with ginger ale, 7-Up or club soda, also bellinis, Bailey's and my husband sets up a variety of craft brews, including whatever homebrew he has on tap.

Any good non-alcoholic holiday drink ideas? I’m pregnant this year so can’t partake in the usual cocktails but I would still like to do something fun.

Any good non-alcoholic holiday drink ideas? I’m pregnant this year so can’t partake in the usual cocktails but I would still like to do something fun.

Trader Joe’s has Winter Wassail which is very good either heated or cold. It s like a spiced fruit drink.

My family absolutely loves the “cider” I make which is just warmed apple juice with red hots added.

I don't do coffee at all so my winter go to indulgence would be a Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks. I have tried many other Chai Lattes but I love the spice flavors of the Starbucks one the best. I even tried making it at home but never perfected it.

For Thanksgiving and Christmas I will buy a quart container of egg nog and have that from time to time. No one else in my immediate family likes it.

Christmas morning we often have mimosas with our traditional breakfast of Mickey waffles, bacon and cinnamon rolls.

A relative sent me a recipe for a batter that is wonderful in hot cider or booze like Fireball or Rum. It is even good over ice cream. It is totally full of sugar and fat but of course delicious. The recipe makes a ton so I will make one batch and hand out small jars of it to friends and family to use during the holiday.

Hot Buttered Rum Batter
Ingredients
1 pound butter
1 pound brown sugar
1 pound confectioners' sugar
1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Blend in brown sugar and confectioners' sugar. Remove from heat, and whisk in the ice cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour mixture into a plastic container, seal, and freeze. In a mug measure 1 tablespoon Hot Buttered Rum Batter and 1 ounce of your favorite rum or Fireball. Top with boiling water. Stir. YUM! Can also be a topping for ice cream or added to hot cider.

It never freezes solid so easy to dip your spoon in. I may have been known to eat it by the spoonful from time to time....:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!