Favorite Hollywood / LA Hotel?

GoofyforDisney3

DIS Veteran
Making our first Southern CA trip in May as my DD’s graduation trip and need advice / recommendations on a hotel in LA. Plans are to fly into LAX (as long as it stays cheaper than other airports) and spend a few days in LA going to USH and taking at least one studio tour. There seems to be a lot of hotels around the area, all in the $250 to $300 a night price range so I’m trying to find out what one is a favorite and why?
Also, will the weather be warm enough for some pool time in late May (20th to 23rd)? I’ve been to the West coast before and know that jet lab hits me fairly hard and I’ll want a little relaxation time one or two days, so if warm enough, finding a hotel with a decent pool area would be awesome!

For the pool, many of the Embassy Suites have an indoor pool. I'm pretty sure the one by LAX does, but I don't recommend staying close to LAX due to the air traffic noise, but lots of people stay there, so I guess it doesn't bother everyone.

I like the Hilton at Universal Studios. Other than that, I don't have any recommendations for a hotel in Los Angeles but I am sure someone will have some.

For the pool, many of the Embassy Suites have an indoor pool. I'm pretty sure the one by LAX does, but I don't recommend staying close to LAX due to the air traffic noise, but lots of people stay there, so I guess it doesn't bother everyone.

I like the Hilton at Universal Studios. Other than that, I don't have any recommendations for a hotel in Los Angeles but I am sure someone will have some.
I'm not particularly interested in indoor pools, that's why I'm hoping the weather would be warm enough for outdoor pools. I'm leaning towards The Garland so far, but will check out the Hilton more. Thanks!

Book the Hilton today. Not sure if the price went down or the Garland went up, but it was the best value for my dates!

Late May is definitely pool season. Heck, we get tons of spring breakers in the pool during March & into April. Most pools are actually open year round... while it's common for temps to drop into the low 40s during certain points of the winter, it's also common for them to climb into the 70s (sometimes 80s) when the sun is out. Unless there's a chill in the air... a hot tub is always pleasant IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!