Favorite Horror Movies? (Official Horror Movie Thread)

Jaws
The Shining
House on Haunted Hill
Halloween and Friday the 13th originals

I am not really into the new ones. Except I want to see Doctor Sleep lol

The Witch
The Babadook
Hereditary
Cabin in the Woods
Scream
Psycho
The Descent
The Ring
Drag me to Hell
The Devil's Backbone
I agree wholeheartedly with most of your choices. I found Hereditary especially unnerving. Have you seen Midsommar yet?

Halloween, friday the 13th. Love all the old universal monster films.
I'm more a fan of the older horror movies then modern. But 80s slashers are always entertaining

I agree wholeheartedly with most of your choices. I found Hereditary especially unnerving. Have you seen Midsommar yet?
I did see it--really liked it and would like to watch the director's cut. Hereditary broke me. I actually quit watching anything scary for a few months because I couldn't get it out of my head. It was so disturbing to me because
the mom failed to protect her son, who reminded me a lot of one of my own sons. Just horrifying, and Toni Collette did an amazing job, I thought.

The Haunting-the original one.No gore,but psychologically a mind blower.There's one scene where you'll leap out of your skin.A classic.
Yup. One of my favorites. And I never, ever let my hands hang over the edge of the bed....

Favorite is 'Carnival of Souls', the original from 1962. There was a remake in '98 that was just stupid, lol.

And not scary, but I loved all the old Abbott & Costello horror movies.

Everybody knows me as the biggest Disney fan they've ever met, so they are always beyond shocked when they find out I watch horror movies too. :laughing:

Most horror movies I don't watch more than once or twice. I love anything by M. Night Shyamalan, but most of his movies aren't truly horror. The Village is my favorite. I guess my favorite horror movies are The Purge series. Is anybody watching the TV series?

My favorite classic horror villain would have to be Michael Myers. For monster movies, my favorites are zombie movies. I also love the non- horror Zombies DCOM. I also like ghosts and the paranormal. Hereditary left me with more questions than answers.

There are some that I can't/won't watch. As an adult toy collector I can't watch movies like Chucky or Annabelle. I have a house full of toys, so murderous toys aren't for me. I will not watch any version of It. When I was really small I was deathly afraid of clowns. I outgrew it, but I don't want to risk a movie bringing that fear back. And the Saw series is just beyond what I can handle.

The Haunting (original)
Halloween (first one)
The Fog
Jeepers Creepers
House on Haunted Hill
Paranormal Activity (1 and 3)
The Conjuring movies
28 Days Later
Evil Dead
Scream series
Lots of Hammer movies

Just a few that come to mind.

How can I be the first person to mention The Shining???
I'm not a fan of horror movies (unlike Mrs McN) but am a big fan of this movie. I don't see it as a horror film, maybe because of the way the story is told in that it isn't just about building suspense. The book is even better.

I have seen bits of Exorcist and did not enjoy it at all...

I'm not a fan of horror movies (unlike Mrs McN) but am a big fan of this movie. I don't see it as a horror film, maybe because of the way the story is told in that it isn't just about building suspense.
I'll bite. If its not horror, what genre is it?

I love the Paranormal Activity series not because they're "good horror movies" but because I find them absolutely hysterical, especially the 4th one where they use a Xbox 360 Kinect to locate Toby the Demon, lmao

I LOVE horror movies, so I don't even think I could begin to make a list. It's my go to Genre. I love many of the ones listed, and would add Train to Busan and Cargo. Both were fantastic, AND had me sobbing.
Midsommar, I didn't find scary at all. I did enjoy it, and I would like to see the uncut version, only because I cannot imagine what they filmed that was so bad that it was worse than what was in the finished film.
Was You're Next mentioned yet? That is one of my favorites. Also love the horror comedies, like Happy Birthday 2 U, 1 and 2, and Ready or Not.
And It Follows.
Ok, will stop before this post becomes 10000 words.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter