Favorite Horror Movies? (Official Horror Movie Thread)

I think we are movie soul mates LOL.
Crimson Peak sadly, does not hold up to multiple viewing. I loved it the first time in the theater, at home again, it's kinda silly.
I have seen Session 9!! It was pretty good.
Creep, loved those way more the 2nd time around, and the 2nd was better than the first!
Haunting of Hill House was amazing.
I like infection type of movies too, and have watched way too many recently. Watched a really good subtitled one called Flu a couple of weeks ago, really enjoyed that one.
Watched the Lighthouse also last weekend, and spent the next couple of days asking wth did we just watch?? So weird.
My parents rented the Lighthouse a few weekends ago and told me never to watch it (which just makes me want to watch it more).
I agree with you on Crimson Peak, but Guillermo del Torro movies to me are more about the cinematography than the actual "scariness". There's something about the artist style that makes his not too terrifying movies just feel all the more creepy (at least the first time around).

Not a film, but for any fans of horror, this series is a must watch. Episodes have been excellent, particularly The Crow. If you don't have Shudder, you can currently get a 30 day free trial.

My favorite horror franchise is by far the Final Destination films. I actually just finished binge watching them. They’re unique in they don’t really fit into any of the typical genres. But they’re great. The Rube Goldberg chain of event deaths are great every time and they’re the right mix of suspense, gore, and kitsch/camp.

House on haunted Hill (original and remake)
The Ones Below (is this considered horror?)
The Others (again not sure if this is technically horror)
The Descent (though I wish it had been all a mirage)
Happy Death Day (more horror comedy but definitely one I can watch over and over)
Shutter (both the original Thai versions and the English remake)
Cabin in the woods (I really didn’t like it on first watch but it really grew on me. I super wish it was a choose your own adventure movie)

I caught Underwater finally this week, (Don't worry, I don't do spoilers) loved the creature design up until the ending but the whole thing was a bit formulaic. Nothing really surprised me. Loved Kristen Stewart's acting but none of the characters really get any time that you feel attached to them. I thought it would have been better with a slower opening and a splash of comedy.

However, after it I caught Sweetheart on Netflix and it was the exact opposite. Loved the pacing, was very tense! Didn't love the creature design that was the only downside for me. For a low budget creature feature I enjoyed it immensely!

(PS if anyone has any creature movies that I might not have seen please namedrop them. I'm not big on ghosts, not religious so demons are meh, and I'm burned out on zombies, but monsters? I'll take all the monsters!)

I caught Underwater finally this week, (Don't worry, I don't do spoilers) loved the creature design up until the ending but the whole thing was a bit formulaic. Nothing really surprised me. Loved Kristen Stewart's acting but none of the characters really get any time that you feel attached to them. I thought it would have been better with a slower opening and a splash of comedy.

However, after it I caught Sweetheart on Netflix and it was the exact opposite. Loved the pacing, was very tense! Didn't love the creature design that was the only downside for me. For a low budget creature feature I enjoyed it immensely!

(PS if anyone has any creature movies that I might not have seen please namedrop them. I'm not big on ghosts, not religious so demons are meh, and I'm burned out on zombies, but monsters? I'll take all the monsters!)
Krampus is a fun monster movie if you haven't already seen that. I'm assuming you caught A Quiet Place.

Krampus is a fun monster movie if you haven't already seen that. I'm assuming you caught A Quiet Place.

Haven't caught Krampus. I admit I passed over it worried it'd have too much of a Christmas vibe. The holiday shopping season nearly puts me off anything with so much as a snowflake in it. 😆 I loved a Quiet place! At least I loved the monsters! Glad they changed them before production as I saw the concept art and the originals looked terrible.

I own Krampus (and two Krampus Funko Pops), I watch it every year during the season. I love it, it's so silly, but so fun! And has one of the best movie lines in recent years!!!

A couple suggestions, some are cult favorites, so you’ve probably seen them:

Bubba Ho-Tep
Trollhunter
Grabbers
The Babadook

And while you said you're burnt out on zombies, if you’ve never seen Train to Busan, that’s a good Korean zombie movie.

Not a film, but for any fans of horror, this series is a must watch. Episodes have been excellent, particularly The Crow. If you don't have Shudder, you can currently get a 30 day free trial.

I have Shudder and am looking forward to bingeing this.

A couple suggestions, some are cult favorites, so you’ve probably seen them:

Bubba Ho-Tep
Trollhunter
Grabbers
The Babadook

And while you said you're burnt out on zombies, if you’ve never seen Train to Busan, that’s a good Korean zombie movie.

I've seen half of those so I'll have to give the other half and Krampus a go based on recommendations :D Thank you!

Just found this thread. I’m a big horror fan. As for favorites, way to many to name them all off the top of my head, but some are:
Friday the 13th Franchise
Nightmare on Elm Street franchise
Candyman (really looking forward to the upcoming one)
You’re Next
Happy Death Day & 2 U
Saw franchise

I’ve recently been watching old, old horror movies on YouTube (like Le Manoir du diable) & The Merry Frolics of Satan).

In my opinion, Train to Busan is possibly the best zombie movie ever made.

I also love Krampus. I think the past two years I've decorated my Christmas tree while watching it lol.

I was 3-4 years old when my dad and uncle were watching me one night. We watched Night of the Living Dead. Ive never been the same. Still not sure if mom knows when my love of horror and slashers really began. LOL

A couple I havent seen mentioned are Frailty (2001, so disturbing, on Prime for $3.99) and Club Dread (comedy horror, on Starz or buy the DVD). Both are worth a watch if you havent seen them.

I dont think I could name a favorite or even a favorite series. So many hold special places in the shriveled up lump that should be my heart...Child's Play, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Evil Dead/ AoD, Scream, XXX the of the Dead series...the list goes on.

"The Other" 1972
Don't read anything about it. Not gory and not really scary but a great little movie. Has one of the most horrifying scenes in it.
I dont want to google it and risk spoiling anything. What platforms is this currently available on?

Not a horror fan (and may have to excuse myself from this thread if I want to sleep tonight!) but The Exorcist is one of my favorite movies. When Father Karas tells the demon, “You’re not my mother!” I get chills. Every time.

The themes of that movie - suffering, guilt, good and evil, spirituality, faith, religion - are truly moving and the way they explore them is nothing short of horrifying.

There's a creepy ghost movie about a haunted house from 1980 called The Changeling with George C. Scott. It's really well done and eerie.
I like zombie, ghost, and monster type movies more than slashers. Dawn of the Dead is probably my favorite (the original- although the remake was surprisingly well done). I thought the new It was good too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter