Favorite hotel when going solo?

I prefer the YC/BC/SW and next trip trying Swan/Dolphin, but that's because I usually spend every afternoon & evening in World Showcase. For moderates, POFQ and POR in that order. Have also done a number of solo trips at POP. Not really any bad choices. I have also done solo trips at AKL, CS, WL. I prefer the convenience of the Echo Lake resorts but the lack of discount availability drove me away which is why I am trying the Dolphin next trip. For moderates, POR and POFQ have entertainment in their lounges many nights. The bartender at POR recognized me and knew what I wanted to drink the last few trips, maybe too many trips? No never. Bottom line is that there is no bad choice on site for solo.

I'm a DVC owner so I always stay at one of the DVC resorts and my favorite is Bay Lake Tower because I can walk or take the monorail to my favorite park (Magic Kingdom). I have a goal of staying at all the DVC resorts and I'm only missing a few.

I'm doing my first solo trip next week - totally last minute!! I wanted POP, but somehow CBR was cheaper. I know it's under construction, but I'm not planning on spending much time in the room and feel like being solo, it will be easier to get around, so I'm hoping for the best!

I've done POFQ solo once but I prefer to hit the Values when solo. I tend to go park commando when solo so I don't need a ton of resort amenities. Also I use Value stays to adjust my budget over to tours, experiences, and events. I'd rather spend money on extra experiences then pay extra for a water slide I'll never use or a Double sink I don't need.

I'm doing my first solo trip next week - totally last minute!! I wanted POP, but somehow CBR was cheaper. I know it's under construction, but I'm not planning on spending much time in the room and feel like being solo, it will be easier to get around, so I'm hoping for the best!
Ahh have fun! This will be my second solo trip in October & I can't wait. I decided to book Coronado unless something cheaper comes up, or unless I find someone to split the room with me. My "recapture the magic" or whatever discount is showing Contemporary for $372/night!

I have a solo trip for 2 nights coming up and I am switching resorts. I am a DVC owner (but ran out of points, so had to do everything a little different than I normally would). I ended up renting one night at AKL-Kidani (I will be going to Animal Kingdom that night to check out Pandora for the extra magic hours) - I rented from another DVC owner on these boards. I left the second night up to chance and did a 4 star on Hotwire (but used the clues listed on Disboards), and got Yacht Club for the second night - so I will be focusing on Epcot the second day and Hollywood Studios the third morning. AKL was $266 (renting at $14 a point) and Yacht Club was $210 (after all the fees).

I've stayed DVC, mods, and values as a solo - and it really just depends upon my mood for the trip. I stay "nicer" when I think I will want to spend more time at the resort and will use the amenities. But as half my solo trips are just 4 day trips in December through February - when its unlikely I will use the pool - so I find values work great for my needs and budget.
For me - it's about my budget. I have been getting an AP every other year. That year I try to squeeze in 4-6 trips. And I travel elsewhere the non-AP year. I simply can't afford to stay at the deluxes and still get that many days at Disney.

I used to do more point rentals for DVC - but those prices have gone up and I'm finding it harder to line up cheap plane flights, my work schedule, and having the time to scramble enough to get points at a cheaper rate - I haven't done as much of that lately despite my love of the DVC studio!

own at DVC - so my solo trips are generally at a DVC
that say also love to stay at Pop Century - it can be a fun place
POR or POFQ - can be nice too.

I just booked a solo trip for Dec. 26-30 yesterday. Went with CBR because of the price! (Values were gone, except AoA, which was MORE than CBR! Just got back from CBR, so I know what I'm getting with the construction, etc. Otherwise I would have done a value (no one else to complain! :))

Honestly, when I go solo, all I really care about is relative quiet and a good bed. I don't spend a lot of time in the resort/hotel other than to sleep, so I tend to try to go on the cheap and also rent a car. The past couple times my favorite has been the Spring Hill Suites out at the end of the Western Way entrance (has been about $75 a night)

I've only done solo at 3 resorts (just got back!), but the Swan was my favorite out of the three, including Yacht Club and Coronado. The amenities were top notch, and I just loved walking to and from Epcot and HS.

I've now been solo at pop, BC/BCV, and CSR (though CSR was only for one night).

Pop with a refurb room is now my go to when solo. As a solo, I don't need the pull down bed, so I get a queen bed, a huge table, lots of walking space, and everything is nice and new! (In fact I had been planning to transfer over to pofq but decided I liked the refurb room at pop so much that I changed my reservation back to pop...)

Plus, I can take what I save on the room at pop and go so things like signature dining, shopping, etc...

I can't believe I haven't answered this (at least in this thread). I love POFQ! It feels like a little neighborhood to me. It is my favorite resort. I like POP fine and will be back there next year, but I book Preferred there to stay closer to the central areas. I don't even bother with requests at POFQ because it's so small.

I personally loved Pop Century
I also love Pop Century. Great resort. My new fave resort for solo trips is A.S. Sports. Such a beautiful theme around the main pool. Plus since its small than pop, its easier and quicker to get around.

I would prefer to stay at a new resort or one I haven't been to.
Same here. But unfortunately i've stayed at all of the resorts on the value & moderate level. Deluxe is too rich for my blood. Plus im there literally to only sleep, shower, and swim. I'm hardly EVER in the room. Thats why I like values. Doesnt make sense for me to spend more money on a resort when im hardly there. :)

Swan is still my favorite overall, but right now, sitting in one of the newly renovated rooms at Pop... this is very near to becoming my new favorite for solo trips! The rooms are really nice, and since they're smaller than a mod or deluxe, I feel cozier as a solo. :goodvibes Less empty space, you know? Especially because I don't use the murphy bed, so I keep the table and chairs down as a little workstation. LOVE it!

I'm in the 80s section and it is not far from anything. I am surprised at this, but I really like the theme and building designs. Child at heart, I guess, but the "vintage" nostalgia and decoration of the 50s-90s is so... fun, comforting, and pleasant?! It just cheers me up to walk past the Pacman icons on the buildings, and I like the music played everywhere :laughing:

The food court is kind of meh -- it's okay. I walked over to Art of Animation for breakfast today and THAT was a jungle, but their food court looked all right too. I typically only get a quick snack at resort food courts, though, so no big deal.

The bus service is truly superb! At every park exit, I've just walked up and hopped right on a Pop bus, or waited less than 5 min. (Maybe I just have good timing?) Same with waiting for a bus to the parks -- no late buses, nothing like the horror stories floating around about the bus systems at Disney.

I checkout and fly home tomorrow, but wow. For the price (with AP summer discount) and quality of rooms, I am impressed, and Pop is really competing with Swolphin. I still prefer walking to Epcot and HS from the Swolphin. But, like I said, the Pop buses have been efficient, nicely air conditioned, and never crowded.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter