Favorite hotel when going solo?

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by MusicalAstronaut, Jul 11, 2017.

1. anonymousegirl

anonymousegirl DIS Veteran

I have stayed solo at Pop, Boardwalk, Coronado, Caribbean Beach, Kidani, and all three All Stars. The only one I didn't care for as a solo was Caribbean Beach. I know that Coronado is just as large but the lake was a great anchor and I could find my way around easily. Pop is great for the budget and I always feel very safe there as it is so large, it seems like I always see plenty of people around. Kidani was pretty far away and I did feel isolated. But it was easlier to find your way around than at Caribbean Beach.

2. trill2017

trill2017 I miss the Adventurers' Club

I've stayed solo at Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club. At CBR, I asked for a premier room so I was closer to the main pool and marketplace but as it turned out, a small pool was steps away from my door and no one was ever there so it was sort of like I had a resort to myself.

I loved being solo at Yacht Club--walk to Epcot and Boardwalk, not many families running around, nice bar in the lobby.

Staying Solo at the Poly next month (where I've stayed before and love it), staying solo at the Swan in December.

As people have said, it all depends on what you find important--I like a break from the masses of children, a good bar, and a quiet room. I'm willing to pay more for those things.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Amanda13

Amanda13 Earning My Ears

Great info - just convinced me that Coronado springs was a good choice for my upcoming solo trip!

5. MIGrandma

MIGrandma Lives in the middle-of-the-mitten.

When I first opened this thread I was going to say I would probably stay at Port Orleans Riverside for the solo trip I am seriously thinking about in February 2019. But. Being able to walk to EPCOT would be wonderful so I just may have to look into staying at the Yacht Club instead!

rangerxenos likes this.
  6. MusicalAstronaut

MusicalAstronaut Mouseketeer

I started this thread when I had a reservation at Coronado Springs, and I changed to YC last minute because I got a deal on it. I absolutely loved it and am definitely going to stay there solo again!

rangerxenos likes this.
  7. reking96

reking96 Mouseketeer

This is my theory, solo or otherwise. During Food and Wine, I stay Beach Club. Can’t beat walking to WS. This solo trip (December), I’m staying value bc I put the extra money towards the DxDP. I’ll just throw in that POFQ is my favorite mod. So just depends on what I want to do during my stay.

MusicalAstronaut likes this.
  8. reking96

reking96 Mouseketeer

Side note... I’m really going to think about a split stay next trip though... nice idea.

9. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

Swolphin. Fewer kids, better food, amazing pool bar/food, and interior hallways, all in one building. I'm fearless traveling, but I don't like exterior doors ever. Much more so when I'm alone.