Favorite Independent Souvenir Shops

dtk07

Mouseketeer
During our last trip we had a rental car for the first time to get to and from our Disney Cruise in Port Canaveral. We stopped at Bargain World on S Apopka Vineland Rd after hitting up the Disney Character Warehouse on Vineland. As a change of pace we loved it, saved some money, and found some great stuff to take home.

We are doing another cruise and plan on hitting up the Disney Character Warehouse again. Which gift shops along the drive from the Vineland Premium Outlets and Disney Springs should we hit up this time??

We buy a lot of stuff from Target, WalMart and Publix in Orlando. All three have large Disney sections, and the merchandise is properly licensed and generally better quality that what you might see at some of the many souvenir shops that line the local roads. There is a Publix across Vineland from the Outlet mall.

I agree with Target and Wal-Mart especially if you're looking into buying things like mugs, key chains, and other little items. Their selection of Disney mugs is very nice and are only $7.99 compared to the $17.99 and up at the parks. Character Warehouse is always a good place and you can get some really great buys but that place is hit or miss.

Maybe we visited the wrong Target. We stopped at a Target on our way to Port Canaveral but the Disney/Florida souvenirs section(which they did have) wasn't overly impressive. Not anywhere near the selection was carried at the Bargain World store.

The Targets and Wal-Marts closest to the Disney resort area are the locations that have the biggest selections. Others that are farther away only have small sections.

Is there any shop that sells Disney Souvenirs that are made in USA rather than made in China ?

During our last trip we had a rental car for the first time to get to and from our Disney Cruise in Port Canaveral. We stopped at Bargain World on S Apopka Vineland Rd after hitting up the Disney Character Warehouse on Vineland. As a change of pace we loved it, saved some money, and found some great stuff to take home.

We are doing another cruise and plan on hitting up the Disney Character Warehouse again. Which gift shops along the drive from the Vineland Premium Outlets and Disney Springs should we hit up this time??

Funny you mention that Bargain World on S. Apopka. That's our "little secret" gift shop. We always go there 2-3 times per trip. We stop at the Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins that it is literally connected to first and then stroll into Bargain World. The kids love buying pins there and use them as trade while in the parks.

Funny you mention that Bargain World on S. Apopka. That's our "little secret" gift shop. We always go there 2-3 times per trip. We stop at the Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins that it is literally connected to first and then stroll into Bargain World. The kids love buying pins there and use them as trade while in the parks.

I liked Bargain World. I would be tempted to go back. I'm guessing the garden variety souvenirs in these shops is fairly similar. I thought prices were fair. My 2018 photo album was $9.99. I can't see that being much cheaper in other shops.

We've tried other gift shops, and yes it's fairly similar. I forget the name of it, but we tried one of the ones with the giant wizard head outside...it's right on Rt 192. It was fine, but we liked Bargain World better. And having Dunkin' Donuts in the same building never hurts. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter