Favorite National Park

State Park- Red Rocks State Park near Sedona Arizona. National Monument- Navajo National Monument in Arizona, specifically the Keet Seel ruins. National Park- the Grand Canyon in Arizona vs Bryce Canyon in Utah vs Chaco Culture National Historical Park in New Mexico. My parents loved camping and my mother had a fascination with ancient civilizations.

We have visited a LOT of National Parks!! I love them all for different reasons! I have two tied for my favorites and they are Yosemite and Glacier!

BUT, there are SO many that I love!! Crater Lake, Mount Rainier, The Redwoods, Badlands, Mesa Verde, The Grand Canyon, Olympic, Sequoia and Kings Canyon, The Great Sand Dunes, and of course the "Mighty 5" in Utah!!! Its funny because Yellowstone gets a lot of hype and while it was amazing, it has always been on the bottom of my favorite list along with Acadia.

The only park we’ve been to so far is Death Valley, which was one of the major highlights of our California holiday. It’s so far removed from anything we have here in the UK - the scenery is spectacular and pretty eery and the ghost town we visited (Rhyolite) was probably one of the most unique things we’ve ever seen. We went right in the heat of August when it went beyond 50 degrees celcius and so were really restricted in how much time we could spend outside, but we had an incredible time. There was so much we had to miss out on that is doable in the cooler months of the year (like the sand dunes, moving rocks, and finding pupfish) so it would be great to revisit and see a little more.

This year we are driving through the Natchez Trace and although I’m not sure it will match up to Death Valley, we are very excited to see the swamps and old towns.

This thread motivated me to go visit the Great Smoky Mountains again. Leaving in about 8 days for a week at Cades Cove. I hope all the bears are well behaved.
I love the Smokies! My best friend’s mom was a small child when their land was “donated” to the park. There are some very obscure, narrow, winding roads through the park, and the last time we went up there, she showed us where their home had been. You can really lose yourself in the Smokies and it’s so peaceful. If I won the lottery I would definitely have a cabin near the park.

That's a tough one because I love such different features about each that I have been to. If I'm forced to choose right now, I'd say Arches, but that might change the next time I'm forced to choose, and Zion is trying to sneak in there even now.

I'm not sure I'll do one here on the boards because there's very minimal Disney content on this adventure (3 days at DLR out of 35+ nights on the road), but I have the link to my public/travel Instagram in my signature and I'll be posting there through the whole trip. We're going to be driving from Michigan to California, taking the long way around. My itinerary is very loose but it looks like 14 or 15 national parks (one will depend on weather) and about a dozen national monuments, along with various state and local parks.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm now following your travel Instagram. I would love to live vicariously through you for this trip. We did NYS to California (following Route 66 for most of the way out) a couple of years ago, but we didn't have 35+ nights on the road. It sounds marvelous!

Acadia is great. Haven't done Yellowstone yet. Shenandoa was a major snore fest for me, but then again I was 15 and ungrateful.

I wasn't a big fan of national parks when I was a kid. Preferred Disney for all trips. But the parks have grown on me and now I'm addicted.

Yellowstone.

DH recently took me back for my 40th birthday. Just as impressive the 2nd time around. Less than an hour into the park and:
View attachment 415166

Flippin' magic, people.
My partner and I like to keep a list of the animals in the wild we have seen at National parks. Also came across a bear on a trail in Rocky Mountain National. But Yellowstone had the most (buffalo, bald eagle, coyote, and wolf). Seen eagles, more coyotes, gators, vultures, owls, all sorts of lizards, and the endangered pupfish at other national parks. Really wanted to see a javelina at Saguaro, but it didn't happen

I hope you don't mind, but I'm now following your travel Instagram. I would love to live vicariously through you for this trip. We did NYS to California (following Route 66 for most of the way out) a couple of years ago, but we didn't have 35+ nights on the road. It sounds marvelous!

Of course I don't mind - that's why it is public and in my signature! I ask a lot of non-Disney travel advice on the DIS but only do trip reports when Disney is the main focus of the trip, so the IG is a way to let people who are interested in the not-really-DIS travels follow along.

So many but Olympic is my #1 😍 , Grand Canyon(North Rim is my favorite), Zion(Narrows Hike was amazing the first time but has gotten more crowded every year we go and that makes it less enjoyable) 😒 and I didnt think I would enjoy it as much as I did but Death Valley was incredible. We were there on a cool 116° day in June. 😂 We've been trying to make plans for a return trip since we got back.

I am a national parks junkie. Its right up there with my Disney obsession. Acadia is so nice, and i'm going camping there in September. Loved Virgin Islands, Grand Canyon, and Yosemite. I went to Shenandoah for skyline drive and of course the day we went (and the only day there we had) it was incredibly foggy and we couldn't see a thing. Also I was told I had been to Death Valley when I hadn't so thats now a bucket list item for me. I have a scratch off map of every park ( excluding the new ones) so I want to go to all of them.

I have a trip planned to Oregon and right now my friend and I are torn between Mt Hood and Mt Rainier... so if anyone could help out with that decision that would be great!

Yosemite is my favorite that I have been to.
My bucket list is to see (almost) all of them so I reserve the right to change my answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!