Favorite National Park

Yellowstone /Grand Teton and Olympic are all amazing

Yellowstone! I need another trip there soon. So much to see, I love the historic Old Faithful Lodge, wildlife literally everywhere, cute bordering towns with amenities a plenty, and fun in every season!

I am a national parks junkie. Its right up there with my Disney obsession. Acadia is so nice, and i'm going camping there in September. Loved Virgin Islands, Grand Canyon, and Yosemite. I went to Shenandoah for skyline drive and of course the day we went (and the only day there we had) it was incredibly foggy and we couldn't see a thing. Also I was told I had been to Death Valley when I hadn't so thats now a bucket list item for me. I have a scratch off map of every park ( excluding the new ones) so I want to go to all of them.

I have a trip planned to Oregon and right now my friend and I are torn between Mt Hood and Mt Rainier... so if anyone could help out with that decision that would be great!

I want to go to all of the National Parks too!!! My entire kitchen is decorated with items and framed prints from lots of different National Parks that we have visited!

I haven't been to Mt. Hood so can't comment on that, but went to Mt. Rainier last August!! We LOVED it!! We stayed at the National Park Inn, right inside the park, which was great! I had wanted to stay at the Paradise Lodge, but a lot of it was being refurbished. We did eat dinner in their dining room one night. Its a great park and I look forward to going back someday!

Also, if you are in Oregon, make sure you go to Crater Lake National Park!! We went there last August too. We had been in 2012, and loved it so much wanted to go back!

I want to go to all of the National Parks too!!! My entire kitchen is decorated with items and framed prints from lots of different National Parks that we have visited!

I haven't been to Mt. Hood so can't comment on that, but went to Mt. Rainier last August!! We LOVED it!! We stayed at the National Park Inn, right inside the park, which was great! I had wanted to stay at the Paradise Lodge, but a lot of it was being refurbished. We did eat dinner in their dining room one night. Its a great park and I look forward to going back someday!

Also, if you are in Oregon, make sure you go to Crater Lake National Park!! We went there last August too. We had been in 2012, and loved it so much wanted to go back!
Mt Hood is Forest Service though, but it's not much different than NPS. Even if it's not in a national park, Timberline Lodge is considered "national park rustic".

NEWS_3C_BIKEPARKPR-1624-1522855241.jpg

I know there's this aura around "national parks" but there are excellent areas that aren't managed by the National Park Service. Over in Sequoia and Kings Canyon is part of Sequoia National Forest called Giant Sequoia National Monument. The area is pretty much managed together by NPS and the Forest Service. Mt St Helens is still under Forest Service management even though there's some support to designate it as a national park. I guess a century ago there was talk about turning the Lake Tahoe area into a national park, but the proposals didn't get the point where there was a vote. I mean - can anyone imagine what the area would be like if it became a national park in the 1920s?

I have been to many of the parks mentioned and to say the least they are breathtaking. I however, am partial to Minute Man National Park in Lexington Ma. When you walk down Battlefield Road you can almost feel the spirits surround you (and if you put on Ghost Radar they pop up). I know the others are rock stars for landscape but I feel like MMNP has an ambiance all its own.

I have been to many of the parks mentioned and to say the least they are breathtaking. I however, am partial to Minute Man National Park in Lexington Ma. When you walk down Battlefield Road you can almost feel the spirits surround you (and if you put on Ghost Radar they pop up). I know the others are rock stars for landscape but I feel like MMNP has an ambiance all its own.
I haven't been there, but I've heard something similar being said about Manzanar NHS. I need to make a visit myself.

I haven't been there, but I've heard something similar being said about Manzanar NHS. I need to make a visit myself.
It was freaky I put the Ghost finder app on for the fun of it and the little dots showed up when I looked up I saw a rock with information saying that there were British Soldiers buried in the field. As I walked to my car, the dots remained in field even though I went around the corner. They stayed parallel to me until we left the lot. Who knows.

Mt Hood is Forest Service though, but it's not much different than NPS. Even if it's not in a national park, Timberline Lodge is considered "national park rustic".

NEWS_3C_BIKEPARKPR-1624-1522855241.jpg

I know there's this aura around "national parks" but there are excellent areas that aren't managed by the National Park Service. Over in Sequoia and Kings Canyon is part of Sequoia National Forest called Giant Sequoia National Monument. The area is pretty much managed together by NPS and the Forest Service. Mt St Helens is still under Forest Service management even though there's some support to designate it as a national park. I guess a century ago there was talk about turning the Lake Tahoe area into a national park, but the proposals didn't get the point where there was a vote. I mean - can anyone imagine what the area would be like if it became a national park in the 1920s?

I have been to LOTS of places that are not National Parks! We went to Mt St. Helens last summer and loved it! Also been to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Forest!

The poster that I was responding to was asking for advice on either Mt. Hood and Mt Rainier. I have never been to Mt. Hood so couldn't give advice on that!

Gorgeous Lodge there at Mt. Hood!!!

This is less than an hour from us and I have never been!! Planning to go this Fall though! Really looking forward to it!

I have been to LOTS of places that are not National Parks! We went to Mt St. Helens last summer and loved it! Also been to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Forest!

The poster that I was responding to was asking for advice on either Mt. Hood and Mt Rainier. I have never been to Mt. Hood so couldn't give advice on that!

Gorgeous Lodge there at Mt. Hood!!!
Ever saw The Shining?

I wonder if there's an online map/tracker where you can keep track of your National Park history like there is of states and countries? I'm looking around and I can't seem to find one.

My favorite is Crater Lake because I worked there to summers during college and got to know it at a different level.

I’ve been to a handful of NPs but have to say Yellowstone was my favorite! The fact that part of BTMRR is modeled on Mammoth Hot springs was icing on the cake, lol.

In fact, I just got back from a big summer road trip a couple weeks ago - we went to Theodore Roosevelt, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Arches, and Rocky Mountain. Yellowstone was my fav, but TR was a very pleasant surprise. I liked it better than the Badlands in SD.

I have also been to Great Smoky Mountains several times and love it, but I love that whole area, not just the NP.

And I refuse to consider the Gateway Arch in St Louis to be a NP (no offense to anyone from MO)! I appreciate what it stands for, I just think it should be a National Monument because it is man made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!