Favorite Non-Disney Restaurant? I need ideas for Breakfast, Dinner, Pizza....

kylovebug

Mouseketeer
What is your favorite Non-Disney Restaurant for a family of 4? We are not picky eaters, but there are so many choices in the WDW area that I need suggestions. What is the one place you always eat at no matter what?

If you have a car then look up Longhorn Steakhouse , Texas Road House , Millers Ale House,

Manny's Chop House & many more ALL on Hwy 192 ( Animal Kingdom End ) heading for Hwy 27

All good value & about $ 30 per person

If you wish try Cracker Barrel

Also for all you can eat Buffet Try Golden Corral best one is on Hwy 50 at Clermont at the Junction of Hwy 27 & Hwy 50

Breakfast - Cracker Barrel/Perkins/Bob Evans

Pizza - Flippers

Dinner- Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen

Flippers for thin crust pizza. Giordanos for deep dish Chicago pizza.
Sweet Tomatoes - HUGE salad bar, soups, potatoes, pasta, yummy breads and ice cream bar.
Bahama Breeze - never miss it.
Millers Ale House - never miss it.
Celebration Town Tavern - great experience.
Benihana on International Drive - lunch is a great deal.
Coopers Hawk near International Drive
and any chain that exists in the USA

Uno's for Pizza, but I've never tried Giordano's.

Uncle Julio's for Mexican because of the chocolate pinata

Burger 21 for the certified Gluten Free options. DS is Celiac, but the burgers are so good we go even if he's not along for the trip.

Giordano's for Italian is great! Good food, good service!
Teak Neighborhood Grill- fabulous- out of the way spot!

Bahama Breeze and Sweet Tomatoes are musts for my family. Kids LOVE the salad bar at Sweet Tomatoes and after overindulging on park food, it's always nice to have something a little lighter (and healthier!) My son also loves Chevy's.

We did Cracker Barrel for the first time last year and the portions were HUGE! Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen is also a family favourite - but it's kind of far away (unless there's a new one, or GPS took us the long way there!)

Benihanas on I Drive for $15 filet mignon lunches.
QKenan for Venezuelan food. Awesome cheese empanadas and fried plantains.
Chevys in the Crossroad Shopping center for their flautas.
Blaze pizza at Disney Springs. Custom pizzas that feed two for $10.
Columbia for lunch in Celebration for their famous 1905 salad, cuban sandwich and black bean soup.
First Watch for Chickichangas at breakfast.

I am trying a new place this trip - Island Poke Bowl off 192 near I4 and Celebration for healthy Hawaiian food. Dole whip is half off from 3-6 and they have a few flavors.

Holler and Dash Biscuit House in Celebration looks like a winner for southern cuisine.

Last edited:
Coming at this from a different angle since we never go off property. But based on chain places we go to at home or on other trips...
Cracker Barrel or Perkins for breakfast
Uno's or Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza for pizza ( Anthony's also has great oven roasted wings)
Texas Roadhouse or Outback for steak
Carrabbas or Maggianos for pasta
Miller's Ale Houses are good, the menu has a decent variety.

We always go to Bahama Breeze at least once, but usually twice, on each WDW trip. We've also ordered "to go" and enjoyed our meal by our resort pool.

I'd say our favorites, based on how frequently we hit them, would have to be Sweet Tomatoes and Flipper's. We always eat at both of those on every trip. We recently discovered Bruno's and will definitely be adding that to our rotation both for pizza and for Italian food.

Bruno's Italian - on 192
Uncle Julio's
Perkins or Bob Evans for breakfast
Sweet Tomatoes - my DH loves salads
Bahama Breeze - happy hour specials on food

We are planning on Sweet Tomatoes (I am a salad bar junkie and have heard great things about the one there..).

However - anyone have leads on good local, NON CHAIN restaurants? I can eat at a chain anytime - I would like a place that is unique to Florida..

Ideas?

We are planning on Sweet Tomatoes (I am a salad bar junkie and have heard great things about the one there..).

However - anyone have leads on good local, NON CHAIN restaurants? I can eat at a chain anytime - I would like a place that is unique to Florida..

Ideas?
Bruno’s on 192 has good standard Italian food and pizza. There are a number of good places in Celebration like Cafe D’antonio, Celebration Town Tavern, etc. Four Rivers BBQ gets great reviews though I haven’t eaten there yet personally. Same for Rocco’s Tacos.

Bruno’s on 192 has good standard Italian food and pizza. There are a number of good places in Celebration like Cafe D’antonio, Celebration Town Tavern, etc. Four Rivers BBQ gets great reviews though I haven’t eaten there yet personally. Same for Rocco’s Tacos.

4 Rivers is great! Highly recommend it if you like BBQ. There's locations popping up all over so I'm hoping the quality isn't affected going down the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter