Favorite non-park lunch

dcassetta

DIS Veteran
We always make an ADR at Kona Cafe and I think the food is excellent. But, thinking of trying something new. What is your favorite TS lunch spot outside the parks?

Several favorites-Olivia's, Sanaa, Grand Floridian Cafe. Of those 3, Sanaa is probably #1, but it depends on where we are.

I enjoyed going to Trail's End at Fort Wilderness for their brunch. It was nice to get out of the very busy Magic Kingdom and eat somewhere more peaceful.

Sanaa. I love the bread service and desserts there (butter chicken is great, too), and the view is amazing. We have somehow snagged a window seat every time we've been there and the view is just as good (if not better) than the delicious food.

Sanaa is usually the only TS we plan for lunch. It's perfect on a pool day when staying at AKL. We usually get an ADR for about 11:30 when the restaurant first opens (they do a little welcoming type show/song when the restaurant first opens). We have always gotten a seat by the window. Add in the awesome bread service and tasty entrees and you got yourself a great quiet TS lunch. We have also never had bad service at Sanaa (whether it was lunch or dinner), which I can't say for most restaurants on property.

Contempo Cafe has good food and incredible specialty cupcakes that change with the season, perhaps even the month. I am still thinking about that Mexican Coffee cupcake I had over a year ago!

The Wave. Food was really good, and the atmosphere feels very removed from the crowds. It was very relaxing and an easy walk from MK.

It is a bland answer but I love going to Polynesian for a mid-day break and getting lunch at Capt. Cook's. Something soothing about sitting on the patio with the castle in the background with the white noise of the splash area. Plus they keep the chocolate chip cookies that come with the kids meal refrigerated. Just have to fend off the aggressive birds all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!