Favorite non ride things?

Animation Academy in DCA is incredible. Even if you have no talent they show you step by step how to do it. It's really a great time that most people don't check out.
Yes this is one thing i really wanted to do especially with my daughter as she likes to draw but everytime we walked past it we'd say we'll come back to that but never did.
Probably the only thing i regret not doing whilst we were there.

Not sure what the deal is, but the FP return line for Buzz has been super long for the past hour or so. Just came off the ride and it's a twisted line that extends all the way back to the churros line. Seems like they're giving out too many FPs.

We loved fantasmic and are deff seeing it again. World of color too. We are going in November during all the Christmas stuff but I am hoping the paint the night parade will still be happening. They didn’t do it this last Christmas season which bummed me out!

I hope it will be running for your sake too. They are moving it PTN to DCA from what I understand so maybe you will be able to catch the paint the night parade in DCA and jump over to Disneyland for the actual Christmas parade :)

What are your favorite non ride things to do? Not food either. Especially thinking of things for 2 adults.

We love the shows. I want to see Mickey and the magical map and maybe frozen this time. The flag ceremony is also a must out next time (hubs is a veteran).

I love going into the Animation Academy. They post the times and characters for the day up front. Hubby likes seeing Frozen! Shocked me the first time he asked to make sure we see it. You see, he is a thrill rides only, no parades, no fireworks, etc, so, the kids and I checked him for a fever when this first happened! LOL

Do they announce what Time the Cars lighting is or do you just go there a bit before the internet says sunset is or...?

...We asked in Cars Land early in the day and the CMs gave us the time. Last week it was at 5:30. After sunset during twilight.

Google the time for sunset that day, then try to be on Rte. 66 about 10 minutes before that (earlier if you want to get a snack first). We like to view from in front of Flo's or the Curio Shop so we can see the street in both directions.

Lots of great ideas on this thread! I've managed to do most of them in my 4 trips, but it's making me nostalgic to go back and do more.

When we needed a break from the crowds, we enjoyed hanging out on the back path behind Harbor Galley, that winds around and over a bridge where the riders from Splash are just about ending their trip. You have a great view of them coming down the drop from there, and it's usually nice and quiet.

Also in that area, it can be a lot of fun to grab a treat from Pooh's Corner and watch the character meets. Some very cute interactions with the kids and Winnie's gang.

Also for a break, we love hanging in the lobby / great hall of the Grand Californian hotel and listening to the piano player. Last time we requested "our song" and he played it for us. :) We've also ducked into the beautiful lounge there and had glowtinis when we needed some liquid relaxation!

So, it's not a Disney activity, but it's kind of like looking for Hidden Mickeys-- DD13 spent a lot of time on our mom/daughter trip making up stupid Disney haiku. :rotfl: It got to be hilarious. Wish I could remember some.

I really enjoy The Enchanted Tiki Room, including the entertainment out on the lanai. If you're lucky, the famous CM Maynard, will be there.
Viewing the window displays on Main St. As well as the displays inside the stores. Also in the various locations thru out the park.
Aladdin's Oasis is wonderful to see. So if it's open at the time, go in and take a good look around. You may take food in too. There is plenty of seating.
Visiting Snow White's wishing well and her grotto is very nice and relaxing.
Visiting the Sleeping Beauty Castle (Walk thru) is always so nice.
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln is an excellent show, in my opinion.
Character meet and greets are fun.
If you like Star Wars, then you may enjoy the displays at the Star Wars Launch Bay. Currently you may meet with Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Kylo Ren. I especially love Chewie! :)
Pirate's Lair is a fun and enjoyable interactive experience.
Tarzan's tree house is fun.
The Grand Circle Tour on Disney's RR. Very nice, pretty, interesting and enjoyable.
I also enjoy cat sightings. Which lately I haven't seen any. Oh well, hopefully next time.
I heard aladdin's oasis now just bathrooms. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!