Favorite Oahu Restaurants

Tax

Earning My Ears
As a change of pace, I thought it might be helpful to share our favorite dining locations on Oahu, and potentially the neighbor islands. To start, some of my favorite Oahu restuarants are:

Nico's Pier 38 -- Favorite restaurant worldwide
Mike's Huli Huli Chicken -- Northshore
Mai Tai Bar -- Waikiki

Last edited:
Haleʻiwa Beach House - Hale'iwa (Best French Fries Ever not to mention an incredible view from the dining room)
Seven Brothers - Laie (One of the best burgers I've ever had)
Rainbow Drive Inn - Waikiki (Place to go to sample a local plate lunch)
Goofy Cafe & Dine - Waikiki (If you're a fan of eggs benedict then try this place)
Cinnamon's - Waikiki and Kailua (Guava Chiffon Pancakes...need I say more?)

Maui Mike's Fire-Roasted Chicken -- Wahiawa and Kailua -- Best chicken on Oahu.
Nico's Pier 38 -- Honolulu -- Excellent seafood lunch spot right in the harbor.
Kua'aina -- Haleiwa -- Best burgers on the island.

In Waikiki, House Without a Key is very popular for good food, beautiful views, and nice music. Beautiful open air restaurant, very relaxing. Duke's is also very popular in Waikiki. We enjoyed Anna Miller's near Pearl Harbor, which was recommended by the DIS Unplugged podcast. Also loved Kono's in the North Shore - just a quick service small place but the food was amazing.

On Maui, there's a little shave ice stand in Lahaina that was our favorite of all the ones we tried. Its in a little alley off Front St, near Fleetwood's. I can't remember the name, but I think it's the only one around.

Uncles
Side Street Inn
(those are the two I miss the most right at this moment)
and Poke from foodland. That's not a restaurant, but I am craving the crap out of it right now.

I’m generally not the food court type on vacation but after an all-around disastrous meal at the yard house in Waikiki, wandered over to the royal hawaiian shopping complex near where we spent 4 days at the Embassy Suites. Definitely a notch above, sushi & poke great and they had dole whip kiosk :)

Liked the steak shack on the beach near Ft DeRussy too

Fortunate at the ES had one of the best free breakfast buffets we’ve enjoyed anywhere. Also, free drinks & snacks poolside with entertainment in the evenings.

We thought all the offerings at Aulani were great, especially the character dinner buffet. We were prepared for the disney pricing but thought the food was of very good quality.

Otherwise, if you see a food truck with a long line, bingo :)

We have stayed at the halekulani hotel the last few years, not Aulani fans. We love the restaurants in the halekulani - orchids and house without a key! We also ate at Top of Waikiki rotating restaurant. Very good!

We have stayed at the halekulani hotel the last few years, not Aulani fans. We love the restaurants in the halekulani - orchids and house without a key! We also ate at Top of Waikiki rotating restaurant. Very good!

While I'm still trying to pick my jaw off the floor hearing that ANYONE is not an Aulani fan, I have to agree with your recommendation for the Top of Waikiki. We tend to go to places like that thinking we're paying for the view, they know they're not going after repeat business, so the food and service will be average at best. Not the case here--it was a really good meal!

On our last trip we also discovered Chef Mavro (https://chefmavro.com/). The place is unassuming from the outside and in a part of town that doesn't scream "award-winning luxury restaurant". But we had one of the best meals of our lives there and can't wait to go back on any trip to Oahu.

We have reservations for their Sunday Brunch in September. Fingers crossed we'll be able to go. I reserved this as soon as I heard John and Kevin's glowing review of this place.
We ate there twice and will do it again on our next (to be scheduled) Aulani visit. Its truly a wonderful meal. There are so many things to pick from. The view is gorgeous.

We ate there twice and will do it again on our next (to be scheduled) Aulani visit. Its truly a wonderful meal. There are so many things to pick from. The view is gorgeous.

I've looked at reviews of this brunch which included pictures and I was amazed at the layout they had with so many selections. I've seen everything from sushi to gigantic carving station to that amazing dessert spread. I now understand why it costs as much as it does but I think it'll be well worth the cost especially with that amazing view to go along with the meal.

Koa Pancake House- Oahu (mac nut pancakes with coconut syrup)

Aloha Salad- Oahu (fresh fruit and great dressings, like a Subway but salads)

Kauai- Hukilau Lanai (more upscale, yummy fish)

Maui- Kihei Cafe (French toast and fried rice), Paia Fish Market, pizza place in Paia

In Waikiki, House Without a Key is very popular for good food, beautiful views, and nice music. Beautiful open air restaurant, very relaxing. Duke's is also very popular in Waikiki. We enjoyed Anna Miller's near Pearl Harbor, which was recommended by the DIS Unplugged podcast. Also loved Kono's in the North Shore - just a quick service small place but the food was amazing.

On Maui, there's a little shave ice stand in Lahaina that was our favorite of all the ones we tried. Its in a little alley off Front St, near Fleetwood's. I can't remember the name, but I think it's the only one around.
Are you talking about Ululanis shave ice? Best shave ice I have eaten on Oahu or Maui. They actually have 3 locations. 2 in Lahaina and one in Kihei.

Are you talking about Ululanis shave ice? Best shave ice I have eaten on Oahu or Maui. They actually have 3 locations. 2 in Lahaina and one in Kihei.
Yes! I just looked up the Front St location on Google Maps and that's it! So good!

Big fans of Mina’s Fish House for dinner and the Sunday Brunch at the La Hiki Kitchen right next door at the four seasons.

Hopefully we are going in July and it's always nice to get some recommendations. Several I have never heard of here but plan to check out.

We love to find good breakfast places. 2 favorite in Waikiki:
Cafe Kaila - our #1 favorite
Sweet E's Cafe (then walk across the street to Leonard's to pick up Malasadas)

Big Island:
Hawaiian Style Cafe in Waimea - giant pancakes, super reasonable prices (cash only)
Splasher's in Kona - great sunset views. We like this place for breakfast and dinner. Also love the mimosa flight but can't beat the $5 man tai happy hour special!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!