Favorite Park Bags?

klangl6

Just tryin' to live my best life!
I'm debating on what I want to bring for my park bag. Normally, I use a cinch type backpack. But this time, I don't really want to have a big bag. But, I can't decide if I want a mini backpack or a crossbody purse/bag. Ultimately, hands free and not bulky is the most important thing.

I won't be going with any small children, so none of those supplies will be needed. But, I don't want to have to carry around stuff I purchase in the parks either.

I'd love to hear what kind of park bags y'all use!

I like sling bags better than cross body bags/purses. I find that they cause less strain/pull on my neck. My two favorites are Patagonia Atom sling and Kavu Paxton pack. Both are comfortable and hold a decent amount without being overly large.

I saw lots of Kavu Rope Sling bags when we were there last week. I have one but haven't used it at the parks yet. I'm going to try it on the next trip.

My favorite is my old style baggallini messenger bagg. It's cross body and is big enough but not too large. They've changed the design so I can't vouch for the latest version.

FWIW, I switch between backpack dual strap bags and cross body bags because eventually, anything starts hurting my shoulder or neck after a few days.

I bought a Travelon anti-theft cross-body bag for my upcoming trip. I'm always paranoid about theft in close quarters or packed lines, so this has zippers that lock and fabric that is slash proof. Probably a little much for a Disney trip, but it provides peace of mind. I also bought some Disney patches to sew on it, and some locking pin backs for pins.

You don't need to worry about carrying packages around the parks. If staying on site, packages can be sent to your resort (as long as you aren't leaving next day). Or\and if you are staying off site the theme parks have "package pick up" available before you leave the park that night. Just let the cast member working with you, you would like package sent to your resort or front entrance pick up.

I would suggest you use a mini backPack. Allows for water bottle, sunscreen, phone and ponchos.

I don't like the rope bags as they are not comfortable on the shoulders if they have any weight in them.
I use a small backpack. Keeps my raingear, camera, extra lense, water and any snacks we want.
I also keep my battery charger for the phones in it.

I've been using a Baggalini that can be worn cross body or over the shoulder. I go back and forth between the two to give my shoulders a rest. I like that it's easier to access than a backpack--when I need to get in and out of a bag frequently for my phone, camera, water bottle, etc. taking the bag off constantly to get into it annoys me. I have a new sling bag that I'm debating bringing on our next trip, but I'm planning to test it out first on a half day hike we're doing the week before we go to Disney.

I am using a fanny/waist pack that I found on Nike’s website. Should hopefully dry fast if it gets wet and is big enough to hold 2 autograph books plus other things. I’m also bringing a small and larger cross body just in case I bring more or less stuff into the parks on any given day.

I got a mini one shoulder backpack purse from target a ton of years ago..it has a single strap that unzipped and then can be worn like a regular backpack. i have seen various versions of it at Target over the years. Mine has a ton of zipper compartments ( important) including a credit full bag length card holder compartment, it’s small, just large enough to carry one pair of shoes, small wallet, meds, phone, cash and a few pins for trading. Oh I have very small feet, size 6, and my Minnie crocs JUST fit.

I'm not sure we will take a bag again. The last 2 trips we took a bag with very little in it to keep the weight down. We had a couple cooling towels, sunscreen, packets of Advil, and a couple other things. We generally take an afternoon break at the resort to rest or swim. I don't think there is anything we need to take that can't fit in a pocket. We will be back early in the afternoon before we head out to the parks again late afternoon. We didn't use our external phone charger once, we just plugged our phones back in to charge on the afternoon break. Packets of sunscreen and packets of Advil make them very easy to carry in a pocket. Also, the bag lines at park opening are pretty long so we could avoid that.

I use the Loungefly mini backpacks. Cross body ones tend to hurt my neck after using it all day. Enough room for Rx sunglasses, wallet, phone, etc. It only has a small zip pocket in the front and the main one which speeds up bag check. Easy to get on and off and doesn't get very wet if caught in the rain.

Waterfly Chest Sling Shoulder Backpacks Bags Crossbody Rope Triangle Rucksack for Hiking https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015PTBCFW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_mLjUDbRKN7X9G

I used this on my WDW trip in 2017, it worked great, and the pocket on the strap was perfect for my cellphone and clip-on sunglasses. It even kept everything dry, except the one day I got caught in an extended downpour at AK, and even then, things were just a little damp.

I bought a Travelon anti-theft cross-body bag for my upcoming trip. I'm always paranoid about theft in close quarters or packed lines, so this has zippers that lock and fabric that is slash proof. Probably a little much for a Disney trip, but it provides peace of mind. I also bought some Disney patches to sew on it, and some locking pin backs for pins.
I have the same bag from my recent Europe trip and I'm planning on bringing it to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!