Favorite Pixie Dust moments!!!

Bossy22

DIS Veteran
So what are your favorite Pixie Dust moments? We have a few!!
3.) Getting anywhere fast passes for our family that we were able to use on RSR during opening summer when we were going to pass on the ride due to my daughter being to young and fastpasses being gone in less than half an hour. We were waiting to meet Tiana and the worker kept radioing asking when she was coming and they kept saying soon and then after about half an hour of waiting we were told she wasn't coming but he could offer us the use anywhere fastpass for our family. Was pretty cool and went far above!!!
2.) Went to Big Thunder Ranch (sure miss that place). My daughter was the only kid in the place at that time so chip and dale sat down and colored with her for 15 minutes. Then when they switched out Minnie came in and danced with her for 10 minutes and threw lasso's with her. It was so much fun!!!
1.) Playing hide and seek with Silvermist. We were waiting to see Tinkerbell and Silvermist and when we got to Silvermist they told us Tink had just left but would be right back. Instead of us just waiting Silvermist asked if my daugther if she wanted to play hide and seek. She hid first and after my daughter found her (under a giant mushroom) she said it was her turn to count and started counting leaning on the top of the giant mushroom as my daughter hid right underneath. We have soooo many great pictures of this!!! Then Silvermist took her right to Tinkerbell herself and all three of them had a great discussion on the wonderful game of hide and seek.
Those are my three favs but I can think of soooooo many more such as spending time with a special elf while waiting for Santa, Getting to ride California Screaming first on my daughters birthday, and the list goes on. What's your favourite DL moments?

Here is my Pixie Dust moment:

Watching my granddaughter performing with her dance troupe in California Adventure. She did it at age seven and ten. The first time she hugged me afterwards and told me that this was the best day of her life.

My daughter's fav Princess is Rapunzel. I made a major Mommy fail and didn't make sure we got her pic/autograph early in our last trip (3 days and it was so much busier than we expected) My failure turned into the best part of the trip. Sorry it's a long story, there was a bunch of pixie dust involved :) As an FYI, I went hundreds of time as a child but hadn't been in almost 20 years, this was my DD first time to Disney.

... On our last day at 3ish we just finished up BBB (her BDay gift) and we went on Alice and Wonderland. While we were on the ride, the Parade was going on and when we came out on the top portion of the ride.. Rapunzel just happened to be on the top of her float right next to us and I pointed her out to my DD, Rapunzel heard me and looked and waved to my DD (no one else to wave up there at that time) I told my DD that she knew she was here.

After the ride, I decided it was time we needed to find her for photos and autographs. We went over to the Royal Theater and we saw Rapunzel and Flynn meeting with some children in a private meet and greet. I had asked the lady standing at the closed off entry when Rapunzel would be out for meet and greets with others, and I was informed she was done for the day :( but that there would be one more showing of her play later. I made a comment under my breath about a "mommy fail" as it was our last day and then started to explain to my DD that we were going to miss meeting her this trip and that just meant we were gonna need to come back. The lady at the entrance said at that point that if we went around the other side we could wave to her as she left. We headed over and my DD was taking it quite well we were not going to meet her even tho I was dying inside.

As we walked up the lady at the other entrance she mentioned it was a private meet and greet, I told her that was very much ok and we were just there to wave to her. We were standing in a spot that we couldn't see what was happening inside the theater. All the sudden Flynn comes around the corner and kneels right in front of my DD and introduces himself and gives her a big hug. He said there was someone he wanted her to meet and then Rapunzel comes around the corner too. She took my DD hand in hand and just started skipping away. They ended up in front of an exit for the CMs and chatted for a bit about pets. The whole time I am crying taking as many pictures as possible while still trying to enjoy the experience too.

After Rapunzel and Flynn left I was approached by a CM that seemed like a manager of some sort and she told me that she saved seats for us for the next play. In all honesty, I didn't even know that they did plays, and I probably wouldn't have taken the time to see one due to our short time left. However, I couldn't pass that up.

The whole story up until this point I was alone with my DD while the rest of our group were doing other things. That day we happened to wear our matching shirts which stuck out due to them being bring yellow. By the time the play started the rest of the family had shown up. My mom and I sat in the reserved seats, my DD sat in front of the stage on the carpet, and the "guys" all sat in the courtyard (which they didn't mind one bit).. Anywho, I guess that manager CM felt bad not getting seats for all of us and at the end of the show (which was freaking fantastic btw) she walked us the front of the line for Peter Pan which just happens to be DDs favorite ride.

My mom still tells this story and ends it with a dramatic "BEST DAY EVER" :) She even bought the shirt.

We leave to go back in 27 days (5 day hopper). It is my mission to make sure we see all the amazing things Disneyland has to offer that we missed the first time. backs.jpg flynn.jpg rapunzel.jpg

Ok.. Rapunzel was the best.. but there was actually a second one that was almost as good. Later that day....

My brother was chatting with a Custodian as we were waiting to use our fastpasses for the Matterhorn. Then as we were getting in line they announced the ride was being "temporary shutdown"..... It was my brother's birthday and he was wearing a badge. I overheard was my brother saying "I really like Indiana Jones"... Then we all started walking away and following the custodian.... I had no idea what was going on. My brother was chatting with the guy the whole time. We stopped for a moment at the end of Main Street in front of the castle and I was able to talk with my brother. He told me...The custodian had come to wish him a happy birthday right before the Matterhorn was shut down and heard the announcement. He asked my brother what his favorite ride was and that's when I heard him say he really like Jones.

The custodian came back and handed us all Honorary Citizen badges!!! Then proceeded to walk us past a 2 hour wait so we could ride Indiana Jones!

Okay, I'll join in.

We went to WDW in 2006 for my daughter's Make A Wish trip. She was 6 at the time. There were many magical moments, but most of them stemmed from her being a wish child. One event however, stood out because the cast member didn't have a clue. (Side note, she had a bone marrow transplant is now a healthy 18 year old.) We were staying at the Polynesian Resort and spent a ton of time on the volcano waterslide and in the pool just hanging out and relaxing and playing. After a while the lifeguard approached me and asked if we had plans that night. I said we didn't. She explained she also drove a boat on the lake for private viewings of the fireworks and her customer for that night just cancelled. She said it was too late for them to get theor money back because they cancelled too late, and she was available, and offered to take us instead free of charge. We accepted and had an amazing view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the middle of the lake.

On our last trip
We had some amazing photographers who got great shots for us. Went above and beyond with helping us pose, etc.

F35C590B-B3FE-4267-AFE2-92185A124666.jpeg

BA60D8EC-75EB-45B8-9B99-F4670BDE0928.jpeg

My husband ordered me a cake for my 30th and our waiter was amazing and all the characters came over to our table at goofys kitchen.

We had some over the top amazing character interactions with daisy, stitch, and Donald alll at our table at paradise pier. We were the last table of the morning and they had been to all the other tables an instead of seeing us and leaving, stitch rearranged our table, daisy took off with my husband and Donald and I decided we were better off without them.

However my most magical moment was the interaction my son had with captain American last year. It was his person at the time. Wore the costume to Disneyland and everything. He wore it to meet him. The CM playing him took his time and really interacted with my son.

In 2017 we went to Disneyland for the first time as a family. We were browsing in the shop in DCA where they have an artist drawing. My 3 yo DS handed me a pack of pins that he found on the rack that was torn open. I gave it to the CM and she rewarded DS for being honest by giving him and my DD each a pin from the pack. Really unnecessary and sweet.

When my daughter and I went to Disneyland in August 2014, we stayed at the Paradise Pier. I booked a standard room. Our flight was an early one and it got us to the hotel at 10:30 in the morning. When I was checking in the person at the counter said rather grumpily, 'Your room is not ready!'. I assumed that others might have been demanding with her so I just nicely said 'No worries! We'll store our luggage and hit the parks and come back later." She just stared at me for a few seconds and said 'Wait here.' She was gone several minutes and then came back and said she found us a room. It was on a high floor facing DCA! I was blown away. That night we were pretty tired so we went back to our room, ordered room service for dinner and watched DCA light up at night and then watched some of WOC until our eyes couldn't stay open any longer. It is one of our favorite Disneyland memories.

The cast member acted like it was a small thing but it was giant dose of pixie dust to my daughter and I! :cloud9: We call that trip our Pixie Dusted trip because we had several small things happen along with that first lovely one and it set the tone for our whole week! Thank you tired cast member lady!

Way back in 2005, my grandparents and aunt (you might have seen me mention her on the boards; she comes with me every once in a while), took me to DL during the 50th celebration. I was 12 at the time. We did so many rides! I finally did Indiana Jones and Haunted Mansion. Prior to that, I wasn't scared of the rides itself, but the "scary" images, so I had never done them. I used to get scared very easily lol. We also did Splash Mountain with gifted fastpasses. The best was when my aunt and I were on Space Mountain, after we had finished, the ride never stopped to let us off, so we jut kept going. We got to go around twice!!

This past weekend, my aunt had to pick up her tickets from Guest Relations. It took longer than normal, and to make it up to us, the CM gave us 3 multiexperience passes for each park AND comped us for maxpass!!! Best day ever!!

A couple of years ago, I went to a DVC member breakfast with my baby grandson while the rest of my group went to ride Space Mountain. The little guy could not handle being separated from mom for very long at that time and kept watching for her to walk through the door. He finally gave up and started crying so I took him out the back door into the hall so he wouldn't disturb the other people while I calmed him down. Well, who did we find waiting by the front door to come in but - Mickey himself! As soon as Mickey saw a sad baby he started interacting with him and continued playing with him the whole time, which was quite a while, he (Mickey) had to wait to go in, turning tears into smiles. As this was an unofficial interaction, I wan't able to take any pictures, but I have the best kind of pictures - those in my mind. When we had our official meeting inside, with the rest of my group having finally made it over, Mickey and Landon greeted each other like old friends.

My first visits were during the "Year of a Million Dreams." During that time the "Dream Time" was around granting Magical Moments and handing out little trinkets like ears and stuff.

One morning my local friends and I were heading for Haunted Mansion The park was really empty, we were the only people around in that area. Then I spotted two Cast Members, with one having a pin lanyard. I pin trade and was seriously excited for my first trade of the trip - trading in Paris can be weird sometimes. I ran up to the CMs, all the bubbly and excited tourist, and we talked and traded and I made sure they got one of my nice Paris pins in return. All the time my friend was standing behind me trying to contain her laughter. I was completely oblivious. Then the female CM asked me if I liked the show in the Golden Horseshoe. Yes, I sure do. She gets a paper out, starts writing on it and hands it to me. "You've been granted a Magical Moment." it said. I'm very much a confused tourist now and thank them all over again, while my friend bursts out laughing: "Congratulations, you just found the Dream Team." One of her co-workers had been hellbent on finding them any trip they had done with her family and never did. And the German tourist walks in and doesn't even realize what is going on.

The second one coming to mind is pin related too. I like those crazy hats. The crazier the better. If they are from Tokyo they are sure to score with me. Plush Thumper on my head, chipmunk scarf with wiggly ears on the headpiece... you name it, I got it. That day I was wearing an Angel hat from Paris. A really big plush top hat style hat. I had injured my leg, so I was in a scooter. A CM at the Tiki room entrance had a pin hip lanyard. We stopped and checked the lanyard. Nothing really caught our eyes, so we thanked her. Before we could leave she asked us to hold on a moment and turned around. You could hear the noise of ripping plastic. She turned around and asked me "Are you sure you don't see anything you like?" That year they had Hidden Mickey pins in the form of character shirts, and one of them was Angel. The shirts were really coveted and extremely hard to find, Angel being one of the totally impossible ones. I looked again and suddenly there was a pin on the strap of the hip lanyard. The Angel T-Shirt. I freaked out. Turned into some bubbling wide eyed mess. She laughed and proclaimed: "I had to do this. You ARE Angel!" All trip everyone asked me how I got that pin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter