Favorite ports of call in Caribbean?

I really liked Barbados and St. Thomas. Not a huge fan of St. Lucia. I also liked parts of Puerto Rico. We stayed there for a few days before our cruise and loved Old San Juan and the Fajardo area where we did a catamaran trip.

St. Thomas, St. Kitts, and Barbados, but we are beach/snorkeling people. We enjoyed the forts at St. Kitts and Puerto Rico.

There is an 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise next summer that goes to St. Kitts, Antigua, and St. Thomas. I would book it if we weren’t already planning to go to Europe.

I dislike all beach/shopping time so I don't enjoy the Eastern. We loved a B2B Southern on Princess (great itineraries!) but DCL doesn't go there - at least not when we can go for the amount of time we can now go. We also like the Western because it's a more active vacation. If you plan to spend your time enjoying the ship, does the itinerary matter?

I am not a beachy person either but I do enjoy shopping.

I don't think in all my Disney cruises I have once tendered in. DCL is pretty great about rarely tendering. I do know there are a very few locations where they tender. I'll bet a DCL advisor could tell you which ones in short order. Happy planning, btw! :sail:

Yes, I checked online and if you click on the "Itinerary" it shows which ports of call tender.

My favorite cruise port is Grand Cayman, but that is always a tender port which won't work for you. Outside of that, then my favorite is St. Lucia. I would also recommend a stop in Saint Thomas, but that so that you can take a day trip over to St. John.

We have been to Grand Cayman so that one is not an issue for us with it being a tender port. We really enjoyed Grand Cayman when we were there.

I loved St. Martin. You have the french side and the dutch side. So much to explore! Hopefully by the time youll be cruising it will be a bit more recovered from the hurricane. Its funny how an island or a place can just make you feel something special in your heart. Id take any island ive been too over a regular day at home, but St. Martin just made me feel something. Have fun planning! Let us know what you come up with!
I totally agree with this about St Marteen. Loved the feel of it! We took a private boat tour all around each side & loved it. We’ve been to western twice & eastern once. My two faves are st marteen & grand cayman.

We loved the Southern Caribbean we did in January (San Juan, Antigua, St. Lucia, Curacao, Aruba). My daughter's favorite port was Jamaica on our Western though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter