Favorite quick service for lunch at Hollywood Studios?

TeamSy

DIS Veteran
We'll be going in September after Star Wars opens, but I think we'd rather stick to one of the classic places vs. trying to make our way through a crowd. Where's your favorite? We've only done table service here.

We'll be going in September after Star Wars opens, but I think we'd rather stick to one of the classic places vs. trying to make our way through a crowd. Where's your favorite? We've only done table service here.

Purely based on food it’s Woody’s by a country mile, but the abysmal seating situation and the heat made that a one and done for us last year. It’s unfortunate because we really loved our sandwiches. On my August trip I’m doing Sci Fi. Before I got that ADR I was planning on the Brown Derby lounge since I’ll be solo. Next May we’ll probably either walk to Epcot or get lunch back at the resort if we don’t do SW food since we like to take midday breaks.

The counter service is all meh at Hollywood Studios. We usually either make an ADR at Sci-Fi since cost ends up being not much more than counter service. Or we go to Backlot Express because it's air conditioned and you can refill your drink. (sad reasoning but it's all mediocre typical amusement park food)

Honestly, I would try and find a TS ADR for that time. The QS places might be chaotic and at least you'll have a dedicated ADR to get away from the crowds/heat.

It used to be Backlot Express for chicken and waffles...then they took it off the menu. Ate there last week got chicken strips, didn't eat them all. Honestly, wherever you can use mobile ordering is going to be your friend. I do enjoy that Backlot and Commissary offer air conditioning and Backlot offers a drink refill station. If it's just food alone...I'd go with Fairfax Fare.

Oh man that's so disappointing!!! We've done all the table service places and were hoping for a quick bite and thought we'd give a quick service a try! What a bummer!!!

Hop a boat to the ESPN club on the BW. Good food at a reasonable price and less time consuming than going all the way to EP for table service.

Oh man that's so disappointing!!! We've done all the table service places and were hoping for a quick bite and thought we'd give a quick service a try! What a bummer!!!

It's all a bummer. If you're hungry and you have to eat, you can find something to fill your stomach. But there is nothing worth getting excited about. If you have PH you can split your day and go over to Epcot for something better. I was hoping that the new Toy Story restaurant would be exciting but I'm not impressed with that, either.

There is only one QS place at HS that has reasonable seating. Unfortunately, I have no idea the name of the place. It's nothing to write home about, but at least you get to sit down. It may be the Backlot Express mentioned, as it's in that area.

If I had to pick one, it would be Backlot Express.
Honestly, the QS options at HS have been very poor.
Have not tried Woodys Lunchbox, but it does not have good options for seating.

We eat at backlog express each trip and look forward to it. It’s our “I’m eating a burger” meal and our kids typical “I’m eating nuggets or uncrustables “ meal. We go in the summers when it is ungodly hot and rehydration and ac are more than just luxuries. Honestly this place gets such an undeserving bad rep. We love the theming and always find some “new-to-us” sight gag or themed detail.

DH has to do Dockside Diner when in DHS. He loves their chili dog, its huge! They have a pulled pork sandwich that isn't terrible and also chili cheese nachos. When I had them I asked for the chili on the side. For kids they have uncrustables and mac n cheese which some kids might like. Nothing exciting here, but not terrible. Oh! the smores brownie is very good. Many people don't consider this place, but it is an option for a QS.

We used to like Pizza Planet (haven’t been since it became Pizza Rizzo). The pizza was ok...not great but not as bad as other QS pizza st WDW. Best parts: cold beer, lots of seating, really quiet area without a ton of foot traffic.

I'm going to put in a plug for Rosie's All American Cafe. Most is pretty standard burgers and chicken tenders, but their Fried Green Tomato Sandwich is one of my favorite quick service options in all the parks. Fries are standard, but I freaking love that sandwich. Highly recommend.

I agree with the other posters regarding QS at DHS. But, the last 2 trips (April and June), we tried the building closest to the “road” by TOT and RNR, I think it’s called Fairfax Fare. The menu is Chipotle-ish. We liked it.

Fairfax fare is pretty good. They have different offerings then some of the generic foods. They have good salads, empanadas and some other stuff. Backlot Express would be my runner up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter