Favorite restaurant Disneyland

Quick Service
Plaza Inn-for fried chicken and theme desserts. Tjey usually have a delicious carrot cake.

French Market
I love how they used to sell larger Mint Juleps but they don't do that now. I like the Creole influenced food and we have watched the fireworks and partly watched Fantasmic from there. Almost always there is a band playing too.

Golden Horseshoe
We like to get ice cream here and take in a show. I like the option of buffalo sauce too for my nuggets.

Pacific warf cafe
sourdough bread bowls

Table service
Carnations cafe -it used to be one of the cheaper options with larger portions, but they have increased prices and gotten smaller plate over the years. We can usually watch the parade from here. We like eating outside here.

Blue bayou- it is all about the atmosphere and all you can drink Mint Juleps. Our record is 8 refills....

Snack
Jolly Holiday- muffins, cookies other seasonal treats and coffees.

Maurices ' treats
cheese twist of chocolate twist

Downtown Disney

Hearthstone lounge
for a drink, in the hotel

My favorite is Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, during the hours when there's someone playing piano. We usually sit at the bar tables.

Favorite fancy places are Napa Rose and Carthay Circle.

My favorite restaurant at Disneyland is Carnation Cafe after EE. We either have a late breakfast or an early lunch! This is one of the few restaurants that everyone in my family agrees on to dine. I love the meatloaf, dh loves the chicken fried chicken, ds loves the burger and fries, dd 1 loves the potato soup with a small salad, dd 2 loves to try something different each time. We always start with a plate of seasoned fries and an order of fried pickles! I loved when Oscar would greet guests here. Such a treat. The food portions are generous and the staff has always been kind. We can't say how desserts are here because we always leave stuffed from our meals, we haven't ordered any desserts. They do look good, though.

Later in the afternoon/evening if we are looking for a treat to have while sitting and enjoying the atmosphere, we tend to gravitate to Jolly Holiday, especially during fall. Yummy treats are in abundance!

My favorite is Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, during the hours when there's someone playing piano. We usually sit at the bar tables
My favorite restaurant at Disneyland is Carnation Cafe

Both of these places we really never gave a second thought until they were all we would book on one peak season holiday trip...and we left both all very happy nd satisfied. They are now two of our favorite go to restaurants for a solid sit down meal.

Used to be Napa Rose but that has fallen out of favor with their latest menu offerings.

Craftsman Cafe is out favorite breakfast stop and the poolside bar and grill at GCH has also been a hit with out group for later meals.

Can only speak on without kids, but Carthay Circle and Lamplight Lounge are my absolute favorites. Carthay is definitely more fancy, but Lamplight is amazing atmosphere and great things to look at.

Depending on your reasoning for with and without kids.... We have taken my grandkids everywhere without an issue. My granddaughter is a pickier eater, but we can always find something for her where ever we go. My grandson ate like a foodie at 2 (he loved my duck confit empanadas at Carthay at 2...). They enjoy Steakhouse 55 (which can be a 3 hour meal) or Carnation Cafe. We don;t take any restaurant off the table because of their age. But they are both used to long meals and sitting thru dinner. My granddaughter's first dinner at Club 33 was at 18 mos. They are now 5 and 9. If your child can sit thru a long meal, you will find something on the menu where ever you go at DLR.

... If your child can sit thru a long meal, you will find something on the menu where ever you go at DLR.
Agree. And even for the pickiest eater, you can generally bring in something to tide them over so that they can sit through the meal while everyone else eats. Oldest (Mr. Picky) would eat little bits from my plate if there was nothing on the menu that worked, and I would pack a sandwich in my bag for him. That plus a cold drink would hold him for about 2 hours or so. Often, after sharing an appetizer from my plate, he could be coaxed to order his own appetizer, too.

Cafe Orleans is our favorite for the food (Monte Cristo for me) and the patio dining with so much happening on the river and the walkways to see.
Red Rose Tavern is our favorite quick restaurant with a good location, fun inside seating, and food options.
There are so many great places to eat!Monte Cristo Cafe Orleans.jpg

Agree. And even for the pickiest eater, you can generally bring in something to tide them over so that they can sit through the meal while everyone else eats. Oldest (Mr. Picky) would eat little bits from my plate if there was nothing on the menu that worked, and I would pack a sandwich in my bag for him. That plus a cold drink would hold him for about 2 hours or so. Often, after sharing an appetizer from my plate, he could be coaxed to order his own appetizer, too.
Also ... almost every sit down restaurant has the ability to make a pasta with butter and cheese for a picky kid if you ask.

Our only "must eat" sit down is Cafe Orleans!!! We always leave happy from there!!! For counter service we always do Plaza Inn, Cafe de Zocalo and in DCA we always do Pacific warf.

What is your favorite restaurant and meal at Disneyland? with Kids and without

Favourite restaurant is Blue Bayou (with a waterside table). Love it and always have. I still think it is the coolest themed restaurant Disney has ever done. Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean is also the best version of that ride by far. Favourite meal there? Not sure. I've never had a bad one.

Blue Bayou is another fun experience with kids - I don’t think it’s incredibly romantic though as the people in boats frequently yell for rolls🤷🏼‍♀️

I've never had that happen in any of the times I've been there. Actually never had anyone in boats yelling anything that I can recall.

Our favorites (with or without kids) are:
Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel (wonderful atmosphere and fantastic food!)
Carthay Lounge for small bites
Lamplight Lounge (the potato skins and donuts...yum!!!)
Cafe Orleans (La Salade de Maison, Gumbo, Pommes Frites)

Blue Bayou: always seem to have the most amazing surf & turf there and the atmosphere cant be beat.

Napa Rose: Great food, relaxing atmosphere. Expensive but well worth the price.

Bengal BBQ: we really have no idea why we love this QS gem but my goodness the skewers are amazing.

Ghirardellis: Not really a restaurant but really who can say no to this lol. We have had it for breakfast (um maybe I shouldn't be admitting that lol)

Disneyland:
Plaza Inn (lunch or dinner): fried chicken (shareable, add a side ala carte for 2nd plate), pot roast
Jolly Holiday: grilled cheese/tomato soup, Jolly Holiday salad, matterhorn macaroon
Carnation Cafe: Walt's chili, fried pickles
Galaxy's Edge: vegetarian Ronto-less Ronto Wrap
Bengal BBQ: forget the combo meals, just get skewers, my husband and I got 2 skewers each and a vegetable skewer to share
Rancho de Zocolo: trio of street tacos
Royal Street Veranda: clam chower in bread bowl
Mint Julep Bar: mint julep, beignets
Tiki Juice Bar: dole whip

DCA:
Lamplight Lounge for brunch: Lamplight Chilaquiles (shareable), Cinnamon Toast Cocktail
Pacific Wharf: turkey pesto club on sourdough

Downtown Disney:
Earl of Sandwich

We always have a kid with us, the last time we went without kids was almost nine years ago.

We eat at Ralph Brennan's every trip my husband goes on, it's his favorite meal at DLR. I really enjoy it as well but the people I travel with on trips my husband doesn't go on think it's too expensive. We really enjoy the atmosphere, the food, and the drink selection.

We also love Cafe Orleans but now that the French Onion soup is off the menu I'm not as inclined to go each trip. I always got that and the side salad as my meal.

I love Carnation Cafe but only for dinner. We have had some pretty bad experiences at breakfast every time we try it. Love it for dinner though, I eat the baked potato soup even when it's 90 degrees. My very picky daughter likes this one for the pb and j.

We normally go to Tortilla Jo's, we had one bad experience but have gone since and it improved. We like to have a drink or beer with meals and their kids meals are at the top of my girls list.

We have never been super impressed with meals at DCA for some reason. We usually head to DTD instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter