Favorite restaurants?

3littlecuties

DIS Veteran
We’re heading to a Disneyland for a quick trip in July. Can you give me your favorite:

1) restaurant in Downtown Disney
2) table service in Disneyland
3) QS in Disneyland
4) table service at CA
5) QS at CA

We will be in each park for one day and plan to eat dinner in Downtown Disney the evening before.

thanks!

You are going to get a huge variety of answers. While we can all give you our personal choices, it helps to have ideas of your parameters - budget especially! Do you want Italian, Mexican, salad, burgers... ? Any allergies or types of food you don't care for?

To answer your initial question:

1. La Taqueria (take out side of Tortilla Joe's)
2. Blue Bayou
3. French Market or Stagehouse
4. N/A - haven't done TS at DCA
5. Flo's (for breakfast - have not done other meals here)

The DLR website has a list of all available food places, along with menus.

1) Earl of Sandwich
2) Cafe Orleans
3) tough but I'll say French Market
4) actually never tried one - Carthay Circle has a good reputation though
5) Pacific Wharf Cafe (Award Wieners as runner up)

You don't say who all will be in your party so depending on who you are going with they might not all enjoy these places but my favorites are:

1) restaurant in Downtown Disney - Uva Bar, Ralph Brennan's
2) table service in Disneyland - Cafe Orleans for the overall food but Blue Bayou for the atmosphere
3) QS in Disneyland - Plaza Inn for the fried chicken but we also really like Rancho del Zocalo
4) table service at CA - Carthay Circle was nice, I really enjoyed the entire experience there, food, service, atmosphere
5) QS at CA - Flo's for breakfast (we haven't actually tried many places in DCA, something we hope to remedy in March)

If you can, I would suggest getting park hoppers.

1) restaurant in Downtown Disney - Tortilla Joe's. The nachos here are HUGE.

2) table service in Disneyland - Carnation Cafe. We eat here at the very least once per trip after a few hours in the park, we either have a late breakfast, or an early lunch.

3) QS in Disneyland - This is tough, Jolly Holiday, (especially during Halloween time), Rancho de Rocalo (big servings and food always good).

4) table service at CA ?

5) QS at CA - Flo's had a good breakfast and okay lunch/dinner. I love sitting inside by a window on a cold night watching the hustle and bustle.
Smokejumpers for onion rings.

In GCH, Whitewater Snacks (forgot what the name change is) is our favorite DCAish place to relax and have a snack or a bite to eat. Sitting on the patio behind the cash register area is nice.

1. Black Tap
2. Carnation Cafe (Blue Bayou has great ambiance but I don't love the food)
3. Rancho del Zocalo, French Market, Refreshment Corner
4. Lamplight Lounge
5. Pacific Wharf Cafe, Paradise Garden Grill regular Mediterranean menu (they often have a seasonal menu instead)

The restaurants at the hotels are pretty good too if you're looking for an alternative to DTD. I recommend breakfast/brunch at Storytellers Cafe in the Grand Californian.

We’re heading to a Disneyland for a quick trip in July. Can you give me your favorite:

3) QS in Disneyland
4) table service at CA
5) QS at CA

We will be in each park for one day and plan to eat dinner in Downtown Disney the evening before.

thanks!
1) Not DTD, but Steakhouse 55 in DLH
2) Carnation
3) Jolly Holiday
4) Carthay
5) Pacific Wharf

1) Ralph Brennan’s OR Naples
2) Blue Bayou for ambience, Carnation Cafe for food
3) Plaza Inn!!!
4) never done TS there
5) Flo’s and GCH Grille in the Grand Californian hotel(attached to DCA)

Ralph Brennan's, the pasta jambalaya is incredible and so it the atmosphere.
Cafe Orleans
3) QS in Disneyland
Hungry Bear, we love sitting and looking over the river. I really like Plaza Inn for chicken though too.
4) table service at CA
Never done it before but might try Lamplight on our next trip based on research and posts here
5) QS at CA
Gosh, this is hard. I love Flos for breakfast, Smokejumpers for burgers and the buffet bar full of stuff for the burgers. I also love Pacific Wharf for soup and bread.

This was really tough! And now I'm hungry and ready for our next trip!

Wow! Thanks for all the responses! To give more information, we are a family of 5. 3 kids ages 14 (DS), 11 (DD) and 9 (DS). My daughter has Down syndrome and we will be using a stroller for her so we move a little slower. We will have breakfast at our hotel so we don’t need breakfasts. We like to eat somewhat healthy. Not big on hot dogs, burgers, and fried food.

1) Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
2. Blue Bayou
3) Bengal Barbecue, Jolly Holiday, French Market Restaurant
4) Lamplight Lounge
5) Smokejumpers Grill - there are so many its hard to choose

1) Steakhouse 55-Steak
Churros
2) Café Orlenes (Can taste the Monte Cristo)
Churros
3) Plaza Inn-Fried Chicken
Churros
4)Carthay
Churros
5) Don't have a fav...would pick any QS...denpending on what cuisine we're in the mood for:)
Did you ask about snack?
6)CHURROS!!

1) restaurant in Downtown Disney: Naples! Best pizza. Not the quick service, but the sit down side.
2) table service in Disneyland: Blue Bayou
3) QS in Disneyland: Red Rose Tavern or Plaza Inn
4) table service at CA: Carthay Circle
5) QS at CA: Flos!

1) Earl of Sandwich
2) Cafe Orleans or Carnation Cafe for either Breakfast or Lunch/Dinner
3) Little Red Wagon
4) Carthay Circle
5) Flo's V8 Cafe (normally go for breakfast but the lunc/dinner is good too) or Smokejumper's

SWGE has healthy food, heavy on nutrient rich veggies, QS is great for speed, large images in order area and seating is not crammed together....on the downside is a dark environment but is far on the border of Disneyland so at this point not many folks eating there and also because it is healthy food and tends to keep away picking eaters.

1) restaurant in Downtown Disney--- Jazz Kitchen . Also, not in DTD, but Napa Rose is great as well for fru-fru food.
2) table service in Disneyland--- Blue Bayou
3) QS in Disneyland -- no real favorite that we go to often
4) table service at CA-- Carthay Circle
5) QS at CA --- Flo's

1) restaurant in Downtown Disney - Craftsman Grill (inside GCH)
2) table service in Disneyland - Cafe Orleans
3) QS in Disneyland - always changing, but right now it's Jolly Holiday and Rancho del Zocalo
4) table service at CA - Carthay Circle
5) QS at CA - Paradise Garden Grill > Mediterranean menu (should be available in July)

I'm happy to see so many say Jazz Kitchen since we just booked our event with them!

1) restaurant in Downtown Disney - I don't know, we haven't actually eaten at any of the places that are currently there!
2) table service in Disneyland - Blue Bayou, though I want to try RBT
3) QS in Disneyland - The turkey leg kiosks 😂
4) table service at CA - N/A, though friends have told us to try Wine Country Trattoria
5) QS at CA - they don't have real food, but we loved the treats we got from Schmoozies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter