Favorite shoes/sandals

Pamlico

Earning My Ears
I’ve read and researched but I’m curious to hear what everyone’s favorite shoes are for making it through a day in the parks. Also any good shoe recommendations for kids?

I love my Croc Athen flip flops. They are a life saver and don't give me blisters. I make sure I apply moleskin each day in my "trigger" areas to avoid blisters.

I just found a shoe that I can walk in all day! Arcopedico knit lace shoes. These are awesome with great support & so comfortable!

Mainly I just wear my Asic Gel gym shoes, but if I had to wear flip flops, then it would be my new Croc literide, great cushion feel for the heel and a lot softer than my Athens.

I have Birkenstocks that are super comfortable. I also wear my running shoes (currently Brooks Ravenna 5)

I bring cheap flip flops for water rides (old Navy $1 ones)

Mom wears Teva sandals. I opt for Keens. We've been wearing them around our long days at the local zoo as a test for next April's trip and so far so good!

My last two pair of shoes for WDW have been Ryka's. The latest is the adjustable sport sandal-Ginger. I got them from QVC. I like a shoe that I can get wet in case of rain or a ride like Splash Mountain. I got something very similar for my daughter for our last trip and she's been wearing them all summer long. Loves them.

I generally bring two already-favorite pairs of athletic shoes (in my case Nike or New Balance) that are already broken in, well-fitting, and been trusted with miles of use. Having at least two pairs is really helpful.

I also bring some boat shoes and flip flops, which are not as great for all-day walking but nice to slip into at the end of the day.

I need an ankle strap because of a bad ankle. I love my Ecco Yucatán ones. They have great support and they have never ever given me a blister.

I bring a comfy pair of tennies, recently New Balance foam ones, and teva sandals. Last week, for some reason, the bottom of my heels were unbearable! Don't know why ... but by the last day I had to switch up to my old standby Mickey crocs! My feet were a bit hot, but they felt better on the feet.

at a loss on this one. my trip is in the fall and i have plantar fascitis, tried every cure so far, next step is pt so i can get healthy before my trip and very worried about it. i have many shoes and none ever are satisfactory so any advice on this board for problems with feet and shoes would be great. currently i have newbalance, brooks, gowalk sketchers, birkenstock sandals, etc. etc. Hoping the pt person can help this week. I wouldn't wear crocs which i have many in the parks becausethey get slippery on wet ground.

Mainly I just wear my Asic Gel gym shoes, but if I had to wear flip flops, then it would be my new Croc literide, great cushion feel for the heel and a lot softer than my Athens.

I ordered the "new" version of Croc Athens and they aren't the same as they used to be. I just ordered a pair of Croc Literide after seeing your post. I also bought some new Nike's that I plan on breaking in over the next 2.5 months.

Now what to get DD12 that's stylish and comfy.

I ordered the "new" version of Croc Athens and they aren't the same as they used to be. I just ordered a pair of Croc Literide after seeing your post. I also bought some new Nike's that I plan on breaking in over the next 2.5 months.

Now what to get DD12 that's stylish and comfy.
Same here:) I wore my old ones until they fell apart and then did not like the newer style but then tried on the Literides and really liked them (especially for my heels), hopefully you will too.

at a loss on this one. my trip is in the fall and i have plantar fascitis, tried every cure so far, next step is pt so i can get healthy before my trip and very worried about it. i have many shoes and none ever are satisfactory so any advice on this board for problems with feet and shoes would be great. currently i have newbalance, brooks, gowalk sketchers, birkenstock sandals, etc. etc. Hoping the pt person can help this week. I wouldn't wear crocs which i have many in the parks becausethey get slippery on wet ground.

I am an RN and stand on my feet much of my work days and I developed Plantar Fascitis several years ago. I tried every shoe anyone suggested and nothing worked and helped my foot pain until I tried Vionic shoes. Now all shoes I wear are Vionic and are well worth the relief of foot pain although they are expensive. I would highly suggest you try a pair and see if they help you like me. My Disney trip is in 14 days and all I am taking are my Vionics.

I usually alternate between a pair of Nike's and my Sperry tennis shoes that have memory foam. I tried Chaco's for the first time a few trips back and I was limping out of the park that night. I've also heard good things about Teva's!

Tevas mush flip flops, yellowbox mellowmat flip flops, or sanuk yoga mat flip flops are my warm weather favorites. I know not everyone can do flip flops though!

I also have good luck with Toms and Bobs. For lace up shoes, I love my Teva Freewheels. Walked all over San Francisco, through redwood forests, and even on a beach (I do NOT recommend that, LOL!! Forgot to throw flip flops in the back of the rental that day) in those babies with no issues. I wear them all the time. Mine are a plum colored washed canvas and they work as a neutral. They're cute with just about everything.

I do prefer to switch things up and wear one type of shoe in the morning, and then switch in the evening. My Toms have saved me on more than one occasion, I always pack a pair wherever I go.

My kids prefer teva mush flip flops in the park. They HATE wearing sneakers around the parks most of the time b/c it's hot...when it's cooler they're ok with their nikes, though.

My last two pair of shoes for WDW have been Ryka's. The latest is the adjustable sport sandal-Ginger. I got them from QVC. I like a shoe that I can get wet in case of rain or a ride like Splash Mountain. I got something very similar for my daughter for our last trip and she's been wearing them all summer long. Loves them.
I LOVE Ryka’s. I had a pair of slip ons that I completely wore out. The were great for my knee too

I have high arches, and no sneakers on the rack have had much support. After having a wicked bout of plantar fasciitis, I decided that enough was enough. I bought some KURU Sneakers. I bought the Quantum Womens for my every day sneakers. They're $120, but they're worth every penny IMHO.

What I like about them is that you wear them around your house for a few hours at a time and let the shoe mold to your feet. Once they do, it's absolutely incredible the amount of pain that went away by having supportive shoes.

That being said, I did wear one pair out and I got a blister on my 4-day walking trip through Washington DC museums. However, that same pair got me through a 4-day trip to Disney World in February with zero blisters. (So, I solved the problem and bought my next pair to wear for my September trip.)

I actually bought a pair of the KURU KIVI clogs to wear for work, too, because my work clogs were absolute garbage (and probably contributed to the plantar fasciitis and heel pain.) I just threw my old shoes in the garbage when I got them and wore them to work the next day. They're $135 and worth every penny spent on them.

KURU makes several other styles (flats, sandals, flip flops) but my feet are between 11-12, and I wear a 12 in KURU sneakers, so I haven't tested the Sandals yet.

I also live in Crocs flip flops all summer. I have worn them to Disneyland with no issues. I find there's a lot of cushion and support. I wear the ones with a leather thong and not the Crocs foam ones. If I were to buy the foam thong sandals, I'd probably put moleskin on the upper thong part that touches my foot.

I have a pair of Tevas, but they tend to stretch my arch out too much, and after a while, it's exhausting on my feet.

TL; DR version:

If you need/like arch supports:
Sneakers/Clogs/Shoes with Arch Supports: Kurus
Sandals: Crocs (and Kuru if your feet are small enough.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!