Favorite things to do with someone in the 6-9 yo range?

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! We are headed down this November with 7yo DD. We have been fortunate to have been there with her a few times already, but wondering what new experiences may be in store for us.... it has been a great joy to see wdw through her eyes at different ages, and excited to see what may be thrilling to her this time.

DD is a Disney fanatic. She can do rope drop to close and loves rides, shows, characters.

What are some of your favorite must-do’s for this age?

What are some off the beaten path experiences I may not know about?

Thanks!!
:flower1:

I'd love to hear what you have planned so far! I'm not sure if you've done any of these yet, but these are always a hit:
  • Have you gotten pixie dusted yet? You can do that on Main Street USA or at Castle Couture (the store behind Cinderella's Castle!), they'll tell her to make a wish and then her hair gets pixie dusted with glitter.
  • There's an adorable experience at the Grand Floridian at 3:30 every day where Cinderella and Prince Charming host a "Promenade" at the grand staircase. It's a cute experience if you're planning on visiting the GF for a late lunch/early dinner!
  • You mentioned visiting in November! Will you be there for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? Check the party dates here, it's an amazing special event with tons of characters, different parades and fireworks, and snow on Main Street USA!

I'd love to hear what you have planned so far! I'm not sure if you've done any of these yet, but these are always a hit:
  • Have you gotten pixie dusted yet? You can do that on Main Street USA or at Castle Couture (the store behind Cinderella's Castle!), they'll tell her to make a wish and then her hair gets pixie dusted with glitter.
  • There's an adorable experience at the Grand Floridian at 3:30 every day where Cinderella and Prince Charming host a "Promenade" at the grand staircase. It's a cute experience if you're planning on visiting the GF for a late lunch/early dinner!
  • You mentioned visiting in November! Will you be there for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? Check the party dates here, it's an amazing special event with tons of characters, different parades and fireworks, and snow on Main Street USA!
Hi @Newsies, host of our Nov 2018 thread! :)

Our favoritest things have been those magical things we have just stumbled upon- we did catch the Cinderella and Prince Charming promenade last time, it was awesome!

Will have to look for that pixie dust!

We did a mvmcp last year, not sure we will again.

I’m really hoping this time to stop and smell the roses a bit more. We will have 8 day park hoppers but not too much planned out. I’m really excited to try agent P and the Pirates adventure in MK. May also try pick a pearl in Epcot.

Each trip has been magical in its own way, and so excited to return! :)

Hi @Newsies, host of our Nov 2018 thread! :)

Our favoritest things have been those magical things we have just stumbled upon- we did catch the Cinderella and Prince Charming promenade last time, it was awesome!

Will have to look for that pixie dust!

We did a mvmcp last year, not sure we will again.

I’m really hoping this time to stop and smell the roses a bit more. We will have 8 day park hoppers but not too much planned out. I’m really excited to try agent P and the Pirates adventure in MK. May also try pick a pearl in Epcot.

Each trip has been magical in its own way, and so excited to return! :)

Pick a pearl is a lot of fun! The Kidcot stations around the World Showcase are good, too! Epcot in general is a good place to stop and smell the roses.

I'm not sure this is off the beaten path - but on our last trip we took my 6 year old to beaches and cream. She loved the kitchen sink thing.

A Kid's Pirate Cruise. My daughter used to love them. They go out on a boat launch w/ cast members in search of pirate treasure. Dd did two of them at 6 and 7yo.

I can't say enough good things about the experience!

My son, now 10, loves the Hoopty Doo Revue. My daughter, now 8, always loved the KidCot stations at Epcot. The dance party in Tommorowland is fun. If I remember correctly, the dance party featurs characters from The Incredibles and Monsters Inc.

We also enjoyed collecting pressed pennies. We got one for each ride we went on and one in each country in Epcot...and there were other machines throughout the parks.

My DD, almost 9, loves playing the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom card game, collecting pressed pennies and completing the Wilderness Explorers program at AK. Outside of the parks we love hanging out at AKL where there are A LOT of free activities that kids can participate in (animal enrichment, cookie decorating, face painting, medallion rubbing, games, etc.) and also going to afternoon tea at the GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!