Favorite Time to Visit With School-Aged Kids?

pre-Kindergarten in the fall,
I would not put any restrictions on a child in pre-K -- this is just a fun year where they do learn a little, but are more gaining structure for their day, working with other kids and learning to respect the teacher. So with that if they miss a few days or a week it will not set them behind. Even in kindergarten it isn't great for them to miss school but not detrimental. As kids get older, school gets more demanding, sports or activities that they participate in become more of a commitment -- that is where your travel plans will need to revolve around the school schedule. I would say that would be when the kids are in 5th grade and older. Before that if they miss a couple days it isn't the end of the world.

This year my boys are in 6th grade and our WDW trip is spanning into a universal trip so they will miss 2 day just right after their scheduled April school vacation. I figure right after a school vacation they are just trying to get back in the swing of things so a couple days is ok. As they enter junior high (7-8th grade) I will be less apt to have them miss school.

Some school districts can be very strict with how much school a child misses so you will want to find out what the policy is for your school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter