Favorite Toys for travel w/ Toddler?

Been traveling with kids and now grandkids for years. We always carry a deck of playing cards with us. Can be used so many ways depending on age of kids. When the are younger, use just a few cards to play a memory matching game, as their attention span grows, simple games like Go Fish, War, Solitare, Build a playing card house, teach them a simple card trick. Your options are only limited by your imagination. Playing cards are cheap & easy to carry.

Thanks for the great ideas, everybody! Completely agree on Wikki Stix, Water Wow, and many more. Here are some additional ideas that have worked for us while traveling with our own toddler:

- Lift the flap/seek and find books (both Disney and Curious George-themed ones have been a big hit!)
- Wooden trains with magnets (we select a few favorites and toss them in a bag--they work great because they stay connected on an airplane tray table)
- Animal-shaped lacing cards or wooden beads and string to practice fine motor skills
- Small, simple puzzles (Target sometimes has sets of 2-piece puzzles where kids match shapes, designs, etc. They're really compact and easy to take out just a few at a time.)

Good luck to everyone out there traveling with their kiddos!

One other thing I forgot to mention - we had a cover for the airplane tray table that had a clear, wipe clean top over a stretchy cover that slid over the tray. We would put a coloring page or dot to dot or something between the stretchy bit and the clear cover and then our kiddo could write on the clear part with a dry erase marker and write things over and over again. I can't find a picture of ours, but I think I found it on etsy. We got a lot of compliments on that cover from flight attendants. It had a couple little pockets that hung off the edge to hold the markers and snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter