Favorite TS location for a late lunch?

LizzyS

DIS Veteran
So we've done a late lunch reservation at Carnation Cafe (and liked it) before to get off our feet and slow down for an hour in the afternoon and that worked out really well.

I'm able to making dining reservations later this month and I'm trying to nail down where I want to make reservations for a late lunch on our first day there. I thought about Cafe Orleans, but I'm not sure my picky eater (not terrible, but not adventurous) husband will like the food there.

What's your favorite TS place for lunch and why?

TIA!

Blue bayou. Atmosphere plus never had a bad meal there.

I know it's a favorite, but isn't it pretty pricey? I'm also worried my husband won't like the food there. What do you get to eat there? I would try the Monte Cristo, but husband likely will not.

I also like Cafe Orleans, but Carnation Cafe is another good choice. I like places where we can relax and do a little people watching while dining, so either of those work well for us.

I know it's a favorite, but isn't it pretty pricey? I'm also worried my husband won't like the food there. What do you get to eat there? I would try the Monte Cristo, but husband likely will not.
I get salmon. They have steak or chicken for him. Who doesn’t like that? Lol

My kids even like it. We’re kind of picky eaters!

We personally haven't tried it yet, but we have reservations for Lamplight Lounge for our next trip. It's a bit more expensive ($20 for a salad :rolleyes:) but we're Pixar fans so wanted to give it a try.

I get salmon. They have steak or chicken for him. Who doesn’t like that? Lol

My kids even like it. We’re kind of picky eaters!

Sometimes he's funny about seasonings even if he likes the meat, etc.

We're also eating at RB's Jazz Kitchen on our arrival day, so this may be too much cajun in a short time period and we LOVE RB's Jazz Kitchen.

Sometimes he's funny about seasonings even if he likes the meat, etc.

We're also eating at RB's Jazz Kitchen on our arrival day, so this may be too much cajun in a short time period and we LOVE RB's Jazz Kitchen.
BB is Cajun?

We personally haven't tried it yet, but we have reservations for Lamplight Lounge for our next trip. It's a bit more expensive ($20 for a salad :rolleyes:) but we're Pixar fans so wanted to give it a try.
I like Lamplight Lounge a lot to! Make sure to request an downstairs (restaurant) inside table when you check in. That's where all of the Pixar memorabilia is located!

Considering your husband is definitely on the non-adventurous side I would stick to Carnation. It’s really the only homey/simple type sit down in the parks. You can see menus for each restaurant online along with prices.

Haha! The seasonings aren’t very strong. It seems like an American restaurant to me.

The prices can be high. I live in high COLA area so it’s nto apparent to me. If you’re doing a fantasmic meal this is an option too.

Thanks for the input because "cajun" definitely has a range, haha.

Also, upon further inspection, your salmon is described as "cajun-spiced".

The BB salmon can be ordered plain/non-spicy. I do this when salmon is on the menu ("plain, please, with fresh lemon slices"). Be aware that salmon isn't always on the menu now -- it is a rotating choice of fish.

We like a late lunch at CCR. The burger there (lunch menu only) is one of our favorites in the parks (the other being the burger at Lamplight Lounge). The burger and fries is large enough for us to share. With an appetizer, that is plenty of food, so no one goes hungry. And CCR is a lovely break from the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!