FBI issues report on DR

So did the media actually lie here or did they report a succession of deaths in one particular area and then hype it up? I vaguely remember hearing the reports on this and, honestly, it was a little odd regarding the sudden deaths. I guess I don't understand the statements about the lies? If these people didn't die, that would be a lie. If they reported that, for sure, there was foul play, then that's a lie without evidence. Honestly, I don't like the constant hype of things either; however, I do want to know if there's an uptick in deaths within a certain demographic at popular vacation destinations.

So did the media actually lie here or did they report a succession of deaths in one particular area and then hype it up? I vaguely remember hearing the reports on this and, honestly, it was a little odd regarding the sudden deaths. I guess I don't understand the statements about the lies? If these people didn't die, that would be a lie. If they reported that, for sure, there was foul play, then that's a lie without evidence. Honestly, I don't like the constant hype of things either; however, I do want to know if there's an uptick in deaths within a certain demographic at popular vacation destinations.
In this day and age, some people will portray anything they don't like as a lie.

In this day and age, some people will portray anything they don't like as a lie.
It’s really scary for the future. It used to be conspiracy theorist were just a small fringe group of ppl, but now it’s becoming more of a mainstream thing. Everyone with google is an expert & smarter & more informed than the ppl with the degrees& if you don’t like the news then it must not be true.

Like a pp said, the ppl did die. Just b/c the FBI hasn’t found the cause or maybe the cause was natural like an environmental factor doesn’t mean there is no risk. To each his own, but I never enjoyed the concept of vacationing in developing countries anyway so that’s a risk I was never willing to take anyway.

eta: the media is also now reporting the results of the fbi investigation so to me that’s exactly what they are supposed to do. They reported the unusual spike in deaths & then reported the results of the investigation. What else do ppl want? 🙄

Some people (in general) just don’t care. I have a friend like that, she just has no awareness of what’s going on in the world.
::yes:: I know people like this too, and it's not always the people you might stereotypically expect. It seems so odd but they just live their lives dealing with only what's right in front of them and are genuinely caught-off-guard when they are impacted by something of a more "big picture" nature. :scratchin I could never live like that; the world would feel way too precarious but I can see how having a whole lot (or what we believe to be a whole lot) of information about things one can't control would be stress-inducing to some.

Last edited:
Seems odd, but to each his own.

Seems more dangerous than odd to me.

And some media outlets sensationalize for headlines and some dont. But when multiple news organizations report from multiple guests to the DR that they blacked out immediately after drinking previously opened alcohol. Its wise to pay attention. Tainted alcohol is widespread in some of these countries and locals fall victim to it as well. It makes perfect sense some shady dealings would go down where tainted alcohol was sold to resorts in those countries. Maybe the resort knew about it maybe they didn't. The oversight and regulations just aren't there.

Last edited:
I don't believe it. Two people dying in the same room of pulmonary edema is not believable. Maybe it was pesticides or poison that didn't show up on testing. Maybe it was an undeclared suicide. But natural causes? Probably not.

It’s really scary for the future. It used to be conspiracy theorist were just a small fringe group of ppl, but now it’s becoming more of a mainstream thing. Everyone with google is an expert & smarter & more informed than the ppl with the degrees& if you don’t like the news then it must not be true.

Like a pp said, the ppl did die. Just b/c the FBI hasn’t found the cause or maybe the cause was natural like an environmental factor doesn’t mean there is no risk. To each his own, but I never enjoyed the concept of vacationing in developing countries anyway so that’s a risk I was never willing to take anyway.

eta: the media is also now reporting the results of the fbi investigation so to me that’s exactly what they are supposed to do. They reported the unusual spike in deaths & then reported the results of the investigation. What else do ppl want? 🙄

There are some people you just can't even talk to any more. Oh sure, everyone had an Aunt Sophie with Chinese restaurant syndrome or some other debunked ailment. But now it's like Aunt Sophie lives in a completely different world where reality doesn't apply and gets mad if you even try to correct her on anything.

There are some people you just can't even talk to any more. Oh sure, everyone had an Aunt Sophie with Chinese restaurant syndrome or some other debunked ailment. But now it's like Aunt Sophie lives in a completely different world where reality doesn't apply and gets mad if you even try to correct her on anything.
My dad used to say he was starting to feel like Alice in Wonderland where nothing is what it should be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter