fear of drops help needed please :)

jennmancia

Earning My Ears
hi! my family is going on a trip to wdw in september and we’ve never been so obviously i don’t know anything about the rides. i get anxiety from and have gotten a panic attack on a rollercoaster once because i have a fear of drops and dips. what rides should i avoid? thanks!

The thing to remember is Disney is not an amusement park its a theme park so the rides don't have those huge drops like an amusement park has. Big thunder mountain railroad . Slinky dog, Everest, Rock N Roller Coaster, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain are some of the ones with drops.

Last edited:
If you have a fear of drops- don’t ride Tower of Terror. It’s basically multiple drops as it simulates a falling elevator. Everest has a section where you go backwards while the track twists you feel like you are going to go upside down but you don’t.

I would try 7 Dwarfs. It’s has hills but is very smooth and relatively short ride.

I won't ride anything with a drop or even a dip, so for me, that includes less obvious ones like Pirates of the Caribbean. I haven't tried Frozen, but I've heard there's a dip, so I won't ride it. Same goes for Flights of Passage even though it's simulated. I saw on a video that it still has a bit of a dip, though I'm tempted to try it. Yes, I'm a big chicken :blush:.

I hate roller coasters. I've chickened out twice on Mine Train. lol But I will ride PoC (there is a very small dip that for a half a second so I tough it out cause the ride is THAT good). I would say avoid Thunder Mountain rail road, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Any simulator ride, Mission Space, Tower of Terror, Rockin' Rollercoaster and 7DMT. Frozen is a really minimal dip as well. If you can handle hills in the road when driving at a face pace, you can handle both PoC and Frozen.

In general I hate roller coasters. Can't ride them at amusement parks. But really have no problems with the coasters at Disney except for Rock n Roller Coaster and ToT. I'd stay away from those two but please try the rest. Everest might be another one to stay away from but I love that one!

For drops, I'd stay away from Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain for sure.

I'm not a fan of roller coasters and stay away from Space, Everest, and Rock N Roller Coaster but ride everything else with no issues.

I hate hate hate drops as well. I have riden Big Thunder, 7 Dwarves, Pirates, and Frozen. I will ride all these rides again. I think I’d do Slinky but just haven’t gotten the opportunity yet.

I will NOT ride ToT, Rockin’, Splash, or Space.

Although my avoiding Space may be coming to an end soon as I have been working up the nerve to try it since there really aren’t any big drops in it and the drops are what I hate.

I hate hate hate drops as well. I have riden Big Thunder, 7 Dwarves, Pirates, and Frozen. I will ride all these rides again. I think I’d do Slinky but just haven’t gotten the opportunity yet.

I will NOT ride ToT, Rockin’, Splash, or Space.

Although my avoiding Space may be coming to an end soon as I have been working up the nerve to try it since there really aren’t any big drops in it and the drops are what I hate.
I'm another HATE drops person! I agree with stephnerninnie1984. Avoid ToT, RnRC, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Everest at all costs! If you are worried about Big Thunder, ask to sit in the front car. It's a much less "falling" type of feeling as it's a slower descent when you are right behind the engine. 7DMT is very similar to Big Thunder but smoother and faster... but it makes me motion sick right at the very end. Pirates has a drop, but about the time I am thinking "oh no I hate this" it's over, and Frozen's drop is even less. 7DMT, Pirates, and Frozen's drops are all bigger than BTMRR, but not really big at all.

I have to say... Big Thunder is my favorite ride ANYWHERE. It's zippy, the corners are great, it has some very little bunny-hops (keep your feet firmly planted on the bottom of the car- push down really hard and you won't bump as much), and the drops really aren't big at all.

I'll add Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl at AK since I haven't seen them mentioned yet. Primeval Whirl is a "mouse trap" style roller coaster with a few dips. Dinosaur is more wild and bumpy than anything else, but I believe there is one dip that has the potential to give you that dropping feeling, especially if you have very little tolerance for drops. I hated drops as a kid, but Frozen (formerly Malestrom) and POTC have always been ok for me.

It really depends how large of drops and dips. I can’t handle any ride at Cedar Point but can do every Disney ride (ToT is the hardest and I avoid it) I love RnR because I like inversions but there are no big drops. Everest goes backwards before a fairly large drop but it is curved and it’s angles so you don’t get that pit in your stomach feeling. I would probably avoid splash, it’s strait down, and space just because it’s dark and unknown but it doesn’t have big drops. Depending on your tolerance you may be able to ride these ( I do and I hate big drops) but others have said some other good ones to avoid if you can’t tolerate any drop at all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!