• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fear of fireworks

isabelluss

Earning My Ears
Hi!!!

My boyfriend's little boy (4 years old) is afraid of fireworks : too much noisy.

Do you have tips??? :confused:

Thank you!!!

If you are thinking about the fireworks at MK, how about watching them from one of the resorts. Sound isn't as intense across the lake.

Agreed!
My little ones love to watch them from the Poly! It's a little intense for them in the park. You can even hear the music!
We tried fireworks at MK once and our 2 yo at the time, climbed me like a tree monkey! I totally understood, they are kinda loud.
If your staying at a monorail resort, its certainly a option.
Have fun!

As bad as it sounds, we just avoid them when possible. DD is very afraid of fireworks and now thunder (great, we live in FL and the summer is just beginning)...

We usually stay at the S/D hotels so we see Illuminations everynight from our room if we face EPCOT and we're in the room, if the door is closed they're not too loud so I just put on music or the tv or sing to her. She always asks " fireworks over, fireworks over"...

I just make sure we're not in the parks at fireworks time. It's not worth the after effects with her.

I too have a 4 year old who is highly sensitive to loud noises. It breaks my heart to hear her say that she HATES fireworks. We also found that most of the rides at EPCOT were louder than she could manage. A friend of mine suggested buying EARPLANES and seeing if they block out what it is about the noise that bothers her. We havent tried them yet but plan on giving them a test run before we leave for WDW.

If you have never heard of them, here's some info on them: http://www.cirrushealthcare.com/epfaq.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter