Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by MickeySP, Aug 17, 2015.

1. declansdad

declansdad DIS Dad #639 New Brunswick, Canada

Incestuous is a little strong.

wdhinn89 likes this.
  2. DisneyLover1217

DisneyLover1217 DIS Veteran

I didn't realize either Travis was shot from below and the bullet exited his neck. I thought he was hit by shrapnel.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

The scene showed him get winged by either a bullet or schrapnel. I don't think there was any doubt that he was hurt by the shootings and not bitten -- blood was coming out at a quick pace and he knew he couldn't survive and didn't want to turn -- so he basically saved everyone else.

5. Tasha228

Tasha228 DIS Veteran

Yep! I thought it was shrapnel in the neck too and would have never known otherwise had I not watched TTD.

6. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

I didn't see guts spilling out either. Was he attacked (I didn't see TTD)? I never saw him get bit by a walker :confused3

7. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

Can someone remind me what happened to Ophelia and her father? Are they dead or did they leave somewhere with the potential to return some day?

Also, I'm trying to remember what happened at the end of last season. I recall Nick and Lucy and her people getting shot up at the border, but what happened with Madison/Travis/Alicia? How did they get to that camp? And did Strand stay behind at that hotel because he was injured?

I thought the doctor thing thing with Strand this episode was off. Did that stem from something last season? I can't recall or understand what the point of Strand "saving" people was.

The guts are a result of the bullets. This makes sense to me now. I did see the guts spilling out and thought maybe he was shot in the stomach and the neck, but the bullet exiting through the neck makes sense too.

8. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

Oh, now I get it about the bullet entry and exit, but I still did not see any guts. I think I was too busy looking at his neck wound and face. But that may explain Alicia's face when she went to grab him and then pulled away.

9. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

Ophelia's father is dead. She ran off from hotel and left Alicia holed up in room alone. They showed her past life and almost engagement and she went to where her lover proposed or something like that and then they last showed her leaving there and I think crossing into US.

Strand was injured and he wanted to stay in hotel and try to make a life there, I think. I don't remember him being a doctor. That whole part was another odd bit.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    nkereina likes this.
  10. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

I thought that whole storyline was desperate!

nkereina likes this.
  11. DisneyLover1217

What are everyone's thoughts about tonight? Without spoiling it, loved the ending.

12. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

Yeah, I liked the end too. But TEOTWAWKI....ughh.!

13. Tasha228

Tasha228 DIS Veteran

The ending made the show IMO.

14. anniemae

anniemae Either she is eating a delicious

I think the show is off to a good start. I still am confused by what happened to Ofelia and her dad at the end of last season.

15. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

Wasn't Ofelia's dad supposedly left for dead at that ranch where the crazy lady was keeping the zombies and feeding them??

16. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

He locked himself in the basement and set it on fire with the zombies down there. You got the impression he burned up with them, but supposedly he is coming back -- so he must have survived!

lovin'fl likes this.
  17. DisneyLover1217

You never saw Daniel actually die, so I had a feeling he would be back and I'm so glad he is. I think him and Strand together will make for some good TV, of course we will still have to deal with Madison, UGH.

Ofelia I think was captured by Jeremiah when she stumbled onto his property, if I'm remembering right, so she should be at the compound somewhere.

18. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

It's funny how so many dislike Madison. I do too but I like her kids.

19. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

Arrggghhhh, I am so confused. I finally watched the last episode and was confused about the interaction between Nick and the crazy brother (Troy?). I couldn't believe what a creepy sociopathic laugh Nick came out with -- like he had gone insane. Just didn't seem to fit his character or the storyline. Odd scene.

20. Tasha228

Tasha228 DIS Veteran

To be fair, when has Nick ever been "normal" though? ;)

21. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: So true -- so true. Can someone remind me how Travis' son died? I remember how his son's mother died, but not him :confused3 And speaking of which, have they ever addressed Madison's kids' father? Was he around in the beginning? (for some reason season one is a blur LOL)