Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

I don't read the BB thread cause of spoilers. I started to but was bummed to be spoiled so I stopped reading. I am not aware of a spoiler free thread on the Dis but I follow one on http://forums.previously.tv/forum/378-big-brother. I hate Cody too and Jessica. But also hate most of the others. But that's par for the course since they go for 'personalities' when casting for the show. That forum I linked also has a Fear TWD thread. Most everyone on there is fed up with how crappy the show is and hate Madison.

I don't read the BB thread cause of spoilers. I started to but was bummed to be spoiled so I stopped reading. I am not aware of a spoiler free thread on the Dis but I follow one on http://forums.previously.tv/forum/378-big-brother. I hate Cody too and Jessica. But also hate most of the others. But that's par for the course since they go for 'personalities' when casting for the show. That forum I linked also has a Fear TWD thread. Most everyone on there is fed up with how crappy the show is and hate Madison.

I'm onboard for the "hate Madison" train LOL

It's a shame they didn't have her be the one in the helicopter and keep Travis!

Last edited:
I thought it was okay. Bringing Jerimiah's head was a little dramatic and how did she get his head? Did Jake and Troy know about that? We also got to see Jerimiah and Ofelia had met before and yet neither of them mentioned it. Did they not remember each other?
Plus we also find out the whole world is affected by the zombie apocalypse .

Why they are fighting to the death over a land dispute in the ZA. Why Madison had to rescue Alicia when Alicia volunteered to stay and seemed to be safe. And thus the rescue made the dispute worse. Who Strand talked to on radio. Couldn't understand a word that guy said. Why Ofelia was so attached to Walker who she just met but willing to go against Madison and her kids who she spent a lot more time with. Why the show seems most keen on making political statement instead of showing us how it all started or the beginnings of the ZA. And the whole show with back and forth was hard to follow. Course the three glasses of wine I had prior to watching probably didn't help.

Why they are fighting to the death over a land dispute in the ZA. Why Madison had to rescue Alicia when Alicia volunteered to stay and seemed to be safe. And thus the rescue made the dispute worse. Who Strand talked to on radio. Couldn't understand a word that guy said. Why Ofelia was so attached to Walker who she just met but willing to go against Madison and her kids who she spent a lot more time with. Why the show seems most keen on making political statement instead of showing us how it all started or the beginnings of the ZA. And the whole show with back and forth was hard to follow. Course the three glasses of wine I had prior to watching probably didn't help.

I actually liked the mid season finale. I like that is it set on the Mexico/U.S. border. I like the diversity of the cast. I was irritated that Madison had to go mess up the whole deal by "rescuing" Alicia. I guess because she didn't know that Alicia seemed to be safe. As a mother, I guess you would do what you could to protect your child and Madison thought Alicia needed protecting. Madison saw what Walker was capable of when she saw the bird eating that guy's brain alive. I guess she didn't care about the dispute at that point, she was just focused on getting Alicia back.

As far as Ofelia, I think she felt loyalty to Walker because he saved her life when she was almost dead in the desert. She also had that run in with Otto when she was alone wandering in the desert, and I think she saw Madison as being loyal to Otto. Otto basically told Ofelia to scram because she was "brown" and he almost shot her. I can see her being conflicted about Madison because of Madison's relationship with Otto and his sons, especially once she learned of the feud between Walker and the Otto's. Even in the end Alicia realized the Otto's were wrong. Once she found out the son killed that family in the RV, Alicia was like, "we are on the wrong side."

Once she found out the son killed that family in the RV, Alicia was like, "we are on the wrong side."
Which also makes no sense since Walker killed Travis. So she shouldn't want to be on either side. Honestly they should want to get out of Dodge.

Which also makes no sense since Walker killed Travis. So she shouldn't want to be on either side. Honestly they should want to get out of Dodge.

I took it to mean that she realized he didn't kill the family and given their experience with 2 of the 3 Otto, there was even less reason to trust anything they said or did. I think she really needs to question Madison's motives.

The one thing that I don't buy is the fact that Madison was able to make herself part of the leadership group at the Ranch. Given how they portrayed things at the ranch, I doubt that could have happened.

I took it to mean that she realized he didn't kill the family and given their experience with 2 of the 3 Otto, there was even less reason to trust anything they said or did. I think she really needs to question Madison's motives.

The one thing that I don't buy is the fact that Madison was able to make herself part of the leadership group at the Ranch. Given how they portrayed things at the ranch, I doubt that could have happened.
That too. Especially given the spoon in the eye thing. Which, also, by the way..spoon in eye and now eye is completely normal and working???? Would think he'd have lost the eye or be blind at least. Another thing...Walker finds Ofelia and brings her back and allows her to rest and roam free...doesn't interrogate her or have her on watch. She is a stranger and on both shows thus far, anytime a stranger is picked up by another group... injured or not...there is some sort of caution and security used. Some more extreme than others but never as free range as Ofelia got. Trying to make Walker so so good and Otto so so bad...so cliche.

That too. Especially given the spoon in the eye thing. Which, also, by the way..spoon in eye and now eye is completely normal and working???? Would think he'd have lost the eye or be blind at least. Another thing...Walker finds Ofelia and brings her back and allows her to rest and roam free...doesn't interrogate her or have her on watch. She is a stranger and on both shows thus far, anytime a stranger is picked up by another group... injured or not...there is some sort of caution and security used. Some more extreme than others but never as free range as Ofelia got. Trying to make Walker so so good and Otto so so bad...so cliche.

We don't know the time frame with Walker and Ofelia.

They should want to leave, but Madison said she is tired of running. I think she feels like they have it pretty good at the ranch. Plenty of food, relative comfort and safety, weapons, medical staff, a society of sorts etc. I think she just wants to be safe and the ranch seems safer than being out roaming with no place to go. At the end though, Madison mentioned taking them to Alabama.

As far as Walker killing Travis, I think she understands the resentment Walker and his people have for the Otto's. I think Alicia agrees the Otto's are kind of racist and bully's. She saw the other side of Walker and it's not like Walker specifically shot Travis on purpose. He was shooting down the helicopter, Travis being hit was due to where he was sitting. Not sure why he wanted to shoot down the helicopter, maybe he thought it was all the Otto's in it?

I don't think they are trying to make Walker good, just showing different sides to him. He is brutal and a killer, but he is driven by his anger at people like the Otto's who he feels took everything from his people and suppressed his people.

True, but Walker did think it was just the Otto's and/or their men in the helicopter. He let Madison take Alicia because his beef was with Otto, not with her. He offered an olive branch many times to her to stay with them, instead of the ranch. I'm not saying Walker is a great guy, but his beef with the Ottos seemed legit and with the apocalypse I guess the beef became an obsession.

Overall I enjoyed the mid-season finale, but hoping for some more insight or clarification on these things if someone can enlighten me:

1. What was or who was in the coffin in the final scenes that Madison was looking at? And if that was Jeremiah, who was in the body bag that his sons rode off in the truck with? And how did Madison get Jeremiah's head?

2. I assume Madison and the rest of the ranch people are staying on the land now that Jeremiah is dead. Walker seemed adamant about wanting the land, but did he really just want Jeremiah dead? And if Madison and the rest of the people have to leave anyway, then there was no point in killing Jeremiah.

3. I'm glad they showed Strand, but his scenes seemed disconnected from the overall story. I also don't understand the significance of the guy on the CB radio. What did I miss?

4. When and how did the group lose the Abigail yacht? I can't recall that. Also, who where the zombies on the yacht that Strand killed? I don't recall if someone stole the boat or if maybe those people found it?

Overall I enjoyed the mid-season finale, but hoping for some more insight or clarification on these things if someone can enlighten me:

1. What was or who was in the coffin in the final scenes that Madison was looking at? And if that was Jeremiah, who was in the body bag that his sons rode off in the truck with? And how did Madison get Jeremiah's head?

2. I assume Madison and the rest of the ranch people are staying on the land now that Jeremiah is dead. Walker seemed adamant about wanting the land, but did he really just want Jeremiah dead? And if Madison and the rest of the people have to leave anyway, then there was no point in killing Jeremiah.

3. I'm glad they showed Strand, but his scenes seemed disconnected from the overall story. I also don't understand the significance of the guy on the CB radio. What did I miss?

4. When and how did the group lose the Abigail yacht? I can't recall that. Also, who where the zombies on the yacht that Strand killed? I don't recall if someone stole the boat or if maybe those people found it?

It was Jerimiah's head in the bag. No clue how she got it and if Jake and Troy knew about it.

It doesn't look like the ranchers have to leave. It seems that since Jerimiah is dead, the will all live together on the ranch. I don't think Walker wanted that option as look as Jerimiah was alive.

The guy on the CB was I believe an astronaut from Russia who told him the whole world was infected. So it was a pivotal moment for Strand knowing no where was safe.

I forget how exactly they lost the yacht. I think they were overtaken and just can't remember if the zombies were the ones who overtook the yacht or just people who ended up on the yacht at some later point.

Anyone watch last night? Thoughts?

It was just okay. I was happy to see Strand hook up with Madison again, now we need Daniel to join them all. I can't believe Nick told Troy he killed Otto and Madison took off with Walker while Nick was in the hot box.

I taped it - haven't gotten up the care to watch. I hated last season and felt it went in circles and solved little. I forgot it came back so fast and am not yet in the mood to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter