February 2017 Wish Lifestyle / Weight Challenge: Beat the Sugar Rush and Earn Your Hero Medal!

courtneybeth

Boston Runnah - 2018
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Welcome, Friends.... to the greatest 28 day challenge you will take on in 2017.

This month is about beating the Sugar Rush and Earning Your Hero Medal

giphy.gif

Like Ralph and his friend Vanellope, we are going to defy our coding and do what we're meant to do: be a hero (not a glitch!) and meet our goals for the next four weeks.
Everyone is welcome to participate - so whether this is your first month, tenth month, or hundredth month... jump in and get moving with your goal. You can join us at any time and begin the first step of your journey to a better you! We're a positive bubble of pixie dust - all encouragement and no drama.

It's up to YOU to set your goal for the month. You can check in as little or as much as you'd like. All I need from you is a progress report before the Monday of a new week. I, as your race announcer, will post your percentage progress report so you can see how you're ranking with the rest of the group.

The more you put into this - the more you will get out of it.

We will also have daily discussion topics to build a sense of community. You can chat about Weight Watchers, My Fitness Pal, Disney, Recipes, Walking, Disney, Running, Coaching Moments, and uh... Disney!

If this sounds fun - then this is the place for you. Nothing is off limits.

giphy.gif

S-U-G-A-R, jump into your racing car...

It's time to beat the Sugar Rush and earn your Hero Medal!

This month we are CHALLENGING ourselves to make real PROGRESS on this journey to be slimmer and healthier. Participating is EASY! All you need to do is decide on your goal (5 pounds off, maintenance mode, 10K steps a day, etc) and devise a PLAN to reach that goal.

Share your progress with us along the way and watch the color of your name change throughout the month!

PERCENTAGE TOWARD GOAL

1% -10%
11% - 20%
21% - 30%
31% - 40%
41% - 50%
51% - 60%
61% - 70%
71% - 80%
81% - 90%
91% - 99%

100% OR MORE!

It will be up to YOU to decide on your goal, your plan, and to report your progress either here on the thread or through a private message every weekend - I'll accept progress reports anytime Friday through Sunday, but will try to update the list of participants every Monday morning.

If you have multiple goals for the month (example: "I plan to walk 30 minutes a day AND I plan to drink 64oz of water a day") please EITHER pick one goal to use for your progress reports OR average them both together when giving your report. It's just much easier for tracking this way. If you only use one of your goals for progress reports, that doesn't mean we don't want to hear how you're doing on your other goals!

NOTE: I am posting from about 20 minutes south of Disneyland - so daily posts / updates will be posted around 9-10am PST.

Hello everyone, welcome to the Sugar Rush!

Please sign up to reserve your spot on the raceway... but hold off on introducing yourself and your goals.
This will be the first day question. We don't need anyone crossing the starting line a little early! :)

Ralph, Vanellope, Fix it Felix Jr, and friends are excited to lead you through this 28 day journey.

Get ready to beat... The Sugar Rush!

February 1 - Press Start to Begin
giphy.gif

This month's goals.... "I'm Gonna Wreck It!"

Greetings friends... it's time to grab your lucky quarter and press start on this video game adventure. We're going to navigate through various "bosses" and reach the final level to beat the Sugar Rush. Our prize? The coveted Hero Medal.

This month's theme was chosen for various reasons. Sugar Rush and Hero Medals are prominent mentions within the movie, but I think they can also relate to your life style changes. Sugar rush as in... real sugar and that 'time of year' where candy is encouraged. Setting goals and earning a medal as a reward -- these are all very tangible concepts. Plus there's depth of character and a great message. It's a very under rated movie and kind of amazing when you really think about it.

But let's get started... now it's time to share your story. it's the prologue to your video game adventure.

Question of The Day:
Video games include a prologue before you begin game play. Let's focus on your story's prologue.
Briefly introduce yourself. Let us know your goal and how you're going to earn your hero medal.
If you're a familiar face 'round these parts, then tell us something new you haven't shared yet!

February 1 - Press Start to Begin
giphy.gif

This month's goals.... "I'm Gonna Wreck It!"

Greetings friends... it's time to grab your lucky quarter and press start on this video game adventure. We're going to navigate through various "bosses" and reach the final level to beat the Sugar Rush. Our prize? The coveted Hero Medal.

This month's theme was chosen for various reasons. Sugar Rush and Hero Medals are prominent mentions within the movie, but I think they can also relate to your life style changes. Sugar rush as in... real sugar and that 'time of year' where candy is encouraged. Setting goals and earning a medal as a reward -- these are all very tangible concepts. Plus there's depth of character and a great message. It's a very under rated movie and kind of amazing when you really think about it.

But let's get started... now it's time to share your story. it's the prologue to your video game adventure.

Question of The Day:
Video games include a prologue before you begin game play. Let's focus on your story's prologue.
Briefly introduce yourself. Let us know your goal and how you're going to earn your hero medal.
If you're a familiar face 'round these parts, then tell us something new you haven't shared yet!

Well.... I think I've been here so long that I really have nothing new to share!

I'm a middle-aged Mom to two college students (DD is a senior, DS is a freshman), married to DH for 25 years this coming May (and I plan to unbox my wedding gown and put it on!).

After a LIFETIME of yo-yo dieting (WW, Jenny Craig, cabbage soup, Atkins, etc) with my weight (starting at age 13), I lost nearly 90 pounds in 2008/09 and hit my goal in 2009. I got brave and applied to work for Weight Watchers in 2012 and started leading meetings in 2013. I now lead two meetings a week and work as a 24/7 Expert Chat coach (actually today is the one year anniversary of that position!). There are moments when I LOVE my job and other moments when I find it frustrating.... but overall it is very rewarding.

I've participated in these WISH board challenges every month since 2008. They are my "group therapy", my sounding board, and many of the participants I now consider FRIENDS! I've met several participants IRL and even had one sweet angel bring me a meal when my DH was in the ICU following an accident in 2010.... this was just an on-line friend/WISH board participant.... but she knew I was near her and alone and took time from her busy life during a holiday week to care for me. I'll never forget that. So never discount the friendships made here.

My goal is to get back under my official WW goal number. That is where I need to be to be in my weight-related happy place. It's not far away.... less than 2 pounds at my last weigh-in... but getting there sometimes isn't as easy as it would seem.

That's all for now! Off to get dressed for school!.............P

Question of The Day:

My name is Magdalene, I am 45, living in Germany and am in a long distance relationship with my American boyfriend. After being a fat kid and teenager I got my act together during college, was at a healthy weight for some time, then when work life started gained a lot back and have struggled sometimes more, sometimes less. Over the last years I have floated around in the 24-26 BMI range, but always wanted to get lower again. I had some troubles in recent years with injuries preventing me from exercising and a thyroid issue. However, I have been tracking my weight for 6 years now and while it goes up and down, I can see that my range definitely has moved downwards. And I hope that this year will be the year that will finally make a difference.

My goal for the month will be sleep based. I tried that last month and kind of failed. I wanted to have 19 nights of more than 8 hours of sleep. I got three. But I want to keep with that goal as I know that everything else, like tracking, exercising, eating healthy foods, will follow when I get more sleep. I also seem to lose more weight when I sleep more. So, the goal for the month will be 21 nights of 8 hours of sleep (measured as sleep on my fitbit). I know already know that it will be a struggle. I am going to count the nights starting today up to the morning of March 1, so I will only be able to report the final result on March 1.

And now you want something new?? How about: I work in a historic building, the Nuremberg Court House. This is where the Nuremberg Trials after WWII took place where the main German war criminals were put on trial by the four powers who won the war for their war crimes. The court room where that took place is just across the hall from my office.

Good Morning! I am Stephanie. I am 37, married for 12 years and 2 wonderful kids. DS is 10 and DD is 9. I was the skinny kid growing up. I could eat everything and never gain weight. I only weighed 95-100 pounds when I graduated high school. Well after having 2 kids and getting a desk job I started gaining. January 1, 2016 I weight the most I ever had at 148. I did even come close to that when I was pregnant with either of the kids. I I started to work out each day or at least trying. I really started to lose the weight in March last year when I joined here. In a year i lost 10 pounds and I am down 2 more this year. This group is a great motivator. The small goals each month really help. some months are better then others but I am ok with that.

This month my goal will be to lose 4 pounds. I am going to continue with the good eating and tracking everything. I am also going to continue to go to the rec and workout 5-6 times a week.

Something new -- When I was around 1 the doctor put me on a diet because I was so big. I was not aloud to have treats/snacks in between meals. I have a picture where my sister is sitting behind me with her arms around me. She is 2 years older. She can't even get her arms around me.

Sweet Mother of Monkey Milk!!! This is JUST the theme I need!! I completely fell off the wagon since about September. I haven't gained any weight on the scale since then but I know that's because I've lost muscle weight. In December I was deemed prediabetic by my doctor, so this is SO apropos... It's a genetic thing in my family, but for myself I know I am a true King of Candy! My biggest weakness - Twizzlers, Skittles... PEEPS. Ugh. So my goal this month is simply to cut out all the sugar excess sugar. No candy, no ice cream, none of it! I'm giving myself ONE cheat day for a Robert Burns party mid-month, but definitely going to have to let the BF know that chocolate is NOT an acceptable V-Day gift this month. XD

And second unmeasured goal is simply NOT to disappear this time mid-month! Heh heh

Question of The Day:

Hi! Let's see-- I've been stalled half way on 30 lb journey for like a year. I have lost motivation, but am slowly gaining it back.

Last month I was super motivated to start exercising, and now I am trying to use that momentum to carry me forward. Sugar is definitely one of my weaknesses so the theme is definitely appropriate for me. I will be working on cutting that back some this month and eating cleaner.

I am just going to keep with my same goal for last month-- going to Oragetheory 4 times this month. Super easy and obtainable -- no excusing my way out. I actually want to go to 6 (which I will attempt), but I don't want to set myself up to fail just yet. My long term goal is to be going to 8 a month regularly without excuses but I am working up to that. I am thinking by April that will be reality. But as for this month, slow and steady on as I get into making working out a habit. I will be also going to yoga as my schedule allows but I won't be tracking that.

New fun fact: I've shared that I am a crazy cat lady before, but I have a new facet to that crazy. I have a new kitten friend that lives behind our store. She's so adorable and totally feral, but she loves coming out and talking to me (well, meowing-- I'm not that nuts!). She will even follow me inside and to my car but in no way does she want to be petted -- believe me, I tried LOL Anyway, she's making work a little more fun that's for sure!

I hope it's not too late to still sign up. This will be my first time joining in. I'm 41 yo and after reaching maximum density due to a few years of inactivity I decided to get back into it. I started January by cleaning up my eating and getting into a beginning running (run/walk/run) program. So at Feb 1, I'm down 16 pounds and slowing building up my running/walking. My goal for Feb is to lose 5 pounds and be able to run/walk 7 miles.

@Zim great to see you back here! I love your avatar! Such cute kitties!

@iivye :welcome: It looks like you had a great start to the year with a significant loss! There are quite a few runners here in the group (some more serious like @courtneybeth and @MommaoffherRocker, some less serios like me!) and I am sure you will find a lot of running support here as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter