February 2017 Wish Lifestyle / Weight Challenge: Beat the Sugar Rush and Earn Your Hero Medal!

Ok y'all -- I'll get the new thread up here shortly!

Having a crappy night though -- I was at a birthday dinner for my cousin. I did well with my eating. My dress that used to be tighter fit a little better. I was feeling good! Then the inevitable pictures with the birthday girl happened and oh my god!!! Who the heck was in my place?!? Now I do think it was an awful angle (why didn't I tell her to hold the camera up?!) but yeesh! Cheese and crackers I feel awful!!! I know my progress isn't enough to make me look like like I used to but it made me feel bad. But I guess the good news is it showed me just how much work I have to do and to not get too complacent.

Ok vent over!

Did you earn your heroes medal? What did you learn this month????

I got 18 minutes of walk time in today plus 4 minutes of toning exercises for a total of 22 minutes today. Total number of minutes for the month came to 440 which is 110%. For someone who 2 months ago might have done 20 minutes all month unless I was able to go to the pool this is a big deal. Total weight loss this month 3.3 pounds and for the year 8.9 pounds.
I have noticed that I am not able to eat as much as I used to be able to. Today 12 year old and I went to Olive Garden to have their Soup, Salad, and Bread sticks lunch. Before I started walking at least 10 minutes a day I could easily have consumed 2 full salads, a dozen or more bread sticks, 3 bowls of soup, 2 glasses of peach tea, an order of stuffed mushrooms, and a dessert. Today I could barely eat 2 plates of salad ( it was really heavy on the dressing so I left the last of it), 4 bread sticks, 2 bowls or soup and I am still not done with my sparkling water with fruit in in I got to drink and took the remainder home).

I have learned that I can push myself beyond what I thought I could do as there were many days that I wanted to not put my shoes on and walk this month. Part of it from not feeling well or being sore, and part of it from general I am sick and tired of walking the same path through my house over and over.

I got 18 minutes of walk time in today plus 4 minutes of toning exercises for a total of 22 minutes today. Total number of minutes for the month came to 440 which is 110%. For someone who 2 months ago might have done 20 minutes all month unless I was able to go to the pool this is a big deal. Total weight loss this month 3.3 pounds and for the year 8.9 pounds.
I have noticed that I am not able to eat as much as I used to be able to. Today 12 year old and I went to Olive Garden to have their Soup, Salad, and Bread sticks lunch. Before I started walking at least 10 minutes a day I could easily have consumed 2 full salads, a dozen or more bread sticks, 3 bowls of soup, 2 glasses of peach tea, an order of stuffed mushrooms, and a dessert. Today I could barely eat 2 plates of salad ( it was really heavy on the dressing so I left the last of it), 4 bread sticks, 2 bowls or soup and I am still not done with my sparkling water with fruit in in I got to drink and took the remainder home).

I have learned that I can push myself beyond what I thought I could do as there were many days that I wanted to not put my shoes on and walk this month. Part of it from not feeling well or being sore, and part of it from general I am sick and tired of walking the same path through my house over and over.

You have had a great start to the year - you should be proud of yourself for your progress! I will be cheering for you to continue your success in March :D

Very inspiring! You are hitting the nail on the head for me - even when I don't feel like it I need to push forward with it! It's worth it!

I'm up a few pounds after eating way too much over the weekend so on that front I think I'm back to 0% but running wise I've made it up to 8 miles which exceeded my goal! Overall I'm happy with Feb and looking forward to new goals for March!

Ok y'all -- I'll get the new thread up here shortly!

Having a crappy night though -- I was at a birthday dinner for my cousin. I did well with my eating. My dress that used to be tighter fit a little better. I was feeling good! Then the inevitable pictures with the birthday girl happened and oh my god!!! Who the heck was in my place?!? Now I do think it was an awful angle (why didn't I tell her to hold the camera up?!) but yeesh! Cheese and crackers I feel awful!!! I know my progress isn't enough to make me look like like I used to but it made me feel bad. But I guess the good news is it showed me just how much work I have to do and to not get too complacent.

Ok vent over!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I just had the thought a few minutes ago that I hadn't read any chatter about who was hosting for March and had a bit of a panic moment! If you want any help with posting questions or whatever, let me know.... I'd be happy to pitch in! Keep it easy on yourself..... there is always WOOHOO Wednesday and FUN Friday to make the weeks a bit simpler!

Sorry about the picture..... no matter WHERE you are in your weight loss journey, you are just ONE bad photo angle away from feeling completely defeated! But DON'T let that happen! Hopefully being our March hostess will keep you inspired!

Hey friends! Wowza.... February FLEW by!! I cannot even believe it is over! SUPER HUGE thanks to Lady Marie for stepping in at the absolute last minute as our hostess! And WOOHOO WEDNESDAY celebrations for our friend Courtney Beth for being a great hostess for February! THANK YOU!!!!

It isn't easy, working full time, taking care of family, and taking care of yourself PLUS being a month-long hostess and BELIEVE ME I appreciate EVER SINGLE hostess that we have had during my 8+ years of NONSTOP chatter on these WISH challenges!

I told myself that today was going to be SCRAPPING day.... but of course, so far I've gotten caught up in paying bills and cleaning toilets and folding laundry. My scrapping area is in my bedroom and I have trouble enjoying scrapping if I am staring down a pile of clean laundry that needs to be taken care of!

Forgot to get the meat marinating for the beef and broccoli :( so not sure what today's meal will be.... but I have meat and veggies in the house, so I'm sure I can create something! ;) And I'll get the meat sliced and into the marinade before lunch today so we can have it tomorrow.

Time to get busy!.......P

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I just had the thought a few minutes ago that I hadn't read any chatter about who was hosting for March and had a bit of a panic moment! If you want any help with posting questions or whatever, let me know.... I'd be happy to pitch in! Keep it easy on yourself..... there is always WOOHOO Wednesday and FUN Friday to make the weeks a bit simpler!

Sorry about the picture..... no matter WHERE you are in your weight loss journey, you are just ONE bad photo angle away from feeling completely defeated! But DON'T let that happen! Hopefully being our March hostess will keep you inspired!

Thank you for offering to help! And a BIG thank you for the words of encouragement!!! It's TOO easy to feel defeated.... shouldn't be that way, but it is! I definitely think hosting will help keep me hyped up :)

And WOOHOO WEDNESDAY celebrations for our friend Courtney Beth for being a great hostess for February! THANK YOU!!!!

It isn't easy, working full time, taking care of family, and taking care of yourself PLUS being a month-long hostess and BELIEVE ME I appreciate EVER SINGLE hostess that we have had during my 8+ years of NONSTOP chatter on these WISH challenges!

Jeez! I forgot it's woohoo Wednesday on the other thread! Oops! However, I echo your sentiment here-- @courtneybeth Thank you for a fun month! All of you ladies are such an inspiration for "adulting" AND running/working out AND cooking AND cleaning AND all that other invisible work! I'm slowly getting myself together, but it ain't easy! Hero Medals all around for all of you who "do it all"! :worship:

OMG I can't believe I forgot to thank you @courtneybeth! Thank you thank you thank you for hosting February - hope March is a better month for you.

Considering DD13 spent 17 days in the hospital last month, 4 of which I stayed with her and the rest just visiting with an hour-each-way commute, I guess it's no surprise I didn't come even close to my exercise goals. But I did do pretty well with tracking and making healthy-as-possible-under-the-circumstance food choices (good GRIEF how is anyone supposed to ever get better with the crap that passes for "food" in hospitals???-- not just the slop they serve the patients, but even the stuff you pay for in the food courts???)

As of this morning, the scale read 9lbs lighter than it did at the beginning of the month, with 2 caveats... a- I started the month a half pound heavier than the day before, and b-today it read 2 lbs lighter than yesterday... so yeah, my weight is always all over the place... but you could argue that between the last day of January and the last day February I really only lost 6.5 lbs, and I'd still have to say it's alright, because it's going in the right direction. Hopefully none of it is lost muscle, because I have still at least been in my dance class twice a week (I did skip one day because I just didn't have it in me to smile bravely that day...)

Thanks CourtneyBeth for hostessing, this was fun when I could get online. See y'all on the new thread!

February I really only lost 6.5 lbs, and I'd still have to say it's alright, because it's going in the right direction.

Hope your daughter is ok :hug: I think you did a fabulous job to lose weight considering how stressful it must have been and hospital cafeteria food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter