February 2019 - Check In

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very excited about the food as DLP food can be lacking especially with snacks. Mickey waffles, sundaes, dole whips are high on my list. I am tempted by the beignets and a monte cristo but I don't like ham! I just would like to spend some time in New Orleans Square (because it looks SO beautiful)

There's a just-cheese Monte Cristo. I believe it is 3-5 types of cheeses :) Yummy!

It would be amazing to get a DLP map from you! My DD7 is obsessed with it and watches ride videos etc, she is particularly interested in the Haunted Mansion version:)

I will have plenty to go around! When I decide what hats I am taking I’ll let you know (probably Sven and Dr Facilier) I am very excited for Phantom Manor as it’s down for refurb until April at least a total of 14 months!!! you can tell your daughter (that’s what DD means right??) the reason why the name was changed to Phantom Manor was because in many European languages not just English that’s how you would say it ( in French fantôme =phantom manoir =manor)
#FunFactFactFans

There's a just-cheese Monte Cristo. I believe it is 3-5 types of cheeses :) Yummy!

I LOVE cheese but 5 types of cheese might kill me!!

I LOVE cheese but 5 types of cheese might kill me!!
Oh, it kills me, I promise, haha! I have to double my normal lactose medicine, double my acid medicine, and split it with my hubs. And I refuse to have my doctor check my cholesterol for a few months after any Disneyland trip.... But so worth it!

I have 4 days until I can start making my dining reservations, and I'm already dreaming of the Monte Cristo and pomme frites!

Wait you’re going on Feb 20? That means my dining reservations should be open! Oh crap! Should start looking in to what dining packages I want - those are the only ones I have to book over the phone right?

UPDATE

Called them up nothing is available package wise « call back everyday to see if it has changed » ....errr ok?

Hopefully they’ll be up soon (probably with the park hours)

In the meantime I’ve booked Cafe Orleans and The Lamplight Lounge for lunches has anyone eaten at LL?

Last edited:

I'm surprising my gf with a quick trip on Feb 7th (Disneyland after dark) and 8th. She has only been once, back when she was a kid and she hated it. A weird trip where she was sick, they only went for one day, didn't stay for the evening hours. All she remembers is lines, crowds, and having a fever. I'm hoping to show her what all the buzz is about.
One thing I noticed is that the dining package reservation calendar for Fantasmic! stops at Jan 21st. And with the Columbia in a refurb, I'm wondering if Fantasmic will be down for our trip.

We will be there Feb 23rd - March 2! I grew up in So Cal but it has been a long time since I have been back. I'm a WDW girl now with multiple trips yearly. I can't wait to visit the park where my love for Disney began!

My husband, my 9 y.o. daughter and me will be in DL Feb 18-23. We've done WDW 3 times, but this is our first DLR visit. I'm so excited!! we're staying at BWPPI and doing 4 park days.

We're going Feb 36 - Mar 7th :) This will be our foster son's second trip and we've timed it in such a way that we may get "the call" that he is legally ours during the middle of our trip!
Oh, that would be a fantastic time to get the call! We brought our youngest daughter home through the foster system. I remember getting the call to schedule the court appearance; what an amazing moment. I didn't get to give birth to her-- but I wanted my "here's your baby" moment, even though she was 10 years old, haha. So, we did the whole court appearance thing, and I had my little moment. Are you going to do anything "extra" to let him know if it happens in the parks?

I updated the first post to list everyone going, I can change, add, or delete anything if anyone wants me to! Hopefully I spelled it all right and got the dates right. When I went to write it all down the list had grown!

I decided to extend my trip by one more day, to do a full 5 day hopper pass. We're coming up on our 60 day window. Really hoping for WoC or at least Fantasmic! If not we're still going to do the Walk in Walt's footsteps, maybe on our Sunday or Monday, and then if no package meals we might splurge and finally try out Blue Bayou.

Getting so excited!!

Woo-hoo! Ressies made!

Dinner at Lamplight Lounge on day 1. Lunch at Cafe Orleans on day 2.

Who has been to Lamplihht Lounge? I got ressies because I had been hearing good things. I decided dinner because I love the pier at night. Are there tables that allow you to be sat water-side? Are the a certain group size for those tables if they are there? Anything I need to know about it?

Woo-hoo! Ressies made!

Dinner at Lamplight Lounge on day 1. Lunch at Cafe Orleans on day 2.

Who has been to Lamplihht Lounge? I got ressies because I had been hearing good things. I decided dinner because I love the pier at night. Are there tables that allow you to be sat water-side? Are the a certain group size for those tables if they are there? Anything I need to know about it?

Thank you for this post! I saw it yesterday and remembered my window had opened and I snagged a Lamplight reservation. I've never been so I can't answer your question but from what I can find online it seems like the downstairs area has pretty good views.

With the revelation that Fantasmic! will be under refurbishment from Jan 22 - Spring of 2019, and the thought that WoC may not be back up I'm trying to figure out what our extra magic should be this trip. I'll be traveling with people who enjoy a good meal, but not quite as fancy as Napa Rose Chef's Counter. We're all adults and not that interested in character meals. We'd really been hoping for a Fantasmic! dinner package because you get a meal and a show. We've never done BB for dinner so maybe that will be a treat.

It'll all be fine, it will be magical and amazing no matter what because it's DL - but I'm starting to see why maybe they have offered these discount tickets for late winter/early spring.

Anyone have plans for something really special? Maybe you can inspire me to do something new!

With the revelation that Fantasmic! will be under refurbishment from Jan 22 - Spring of 2019, and the thought that WoC may not be back up I'm trying to figure out what our extra magic should be this trip. I'll be traveling with people who enjoy a good meal, but not quite as fancy as Napa Rose Chef's Counter. We're all adults and not that interested in character meals. We'd really been hoping for a Fantasmic! dinner package because you get a meal and a show. We've never done BB for dinner so maybe that will be a treat.

It'll all be fine, it will be magical and amazing no matter what because it's DL - but I'm starting to see why maybe they have offered these discount tickets for late winter/early spring.

Anyone have plans for something really special? Maybe you can inspire me to do something new!
Blue Bayou would be really nice.
Cafe Orleans..not as fancy, but out of all of the table service places I've done, this one had the best service.
Carthay, they have yummy cocktails. I have only been once, and the service was great. Also, there's somewhat of a history behind the place since it's modeled after the theatre that had Snow White.
There's also Lamplight Lounge. The last time I went in August, I didn't like the service, but it could have improved. They also have good drinks and food. Plus a nice view of Pixar Pier.

I didn't realize Fantasmic will be down. That's a bummer. At least I won't have to stress out over finding a good place to stand. :-(

I admit I am a little bit disappointed that there is no Fantasmic but if I had to choose between Fantasmic and Soundsational I would definitely choose Soundsational (because I just CANT imagine a Disney day without a parade - how do you guys do it?!!)

There will also be Mickeys Mix Magic to look forward to in terms of evening entertainment !!!

Quick question- if I buy my tickets through the app will they be the discounted ones or do I need to go to a special website to get the discounted rates?

I'm going to be there with my youngest daughter in early February, and I think we'll just focus on rides. I'm not sure if I care to see Mickey's Mix Magic, especially since there's not WOC to take crowds to DCA.

The only closure I'm really sad about is the castle.

I'm super excited to have New Orleans Square again at night. Fantasmic makes everything on the west side so crowded and impassable.

I'm going to be there with my youngest daughter in early February, and I think we'll just focus on rides. I'm not sure if I care to see Mickey's Mix Magic, especially since there's not WOC to take crowds to DCA.

The only closure I'm really sad about is the castle.

I'm super excited to have New Orleans Square again at night. Fantasmic makes everything on the west side so crowded and impassable.

Oh that’s a positive point about New Orleans Square!

And personally they can close whatever they like as long as splash stays open for at least one day during my visit. We will know in less than 7 days if I get lucky or not! Fingers crossed!!!

I am a high school teacher here in France and we have two weeks off which is nice! DLP is great on a lot of things but when it comes to attractions and restaurants (especially quick service) there is a big problem when it comes to staffing and that's a whole different discussion but it's reassuring to see that DL has problems there too (and when I say problems I mean park management loves cutting corners to make a quick buck too!!)

There does seem to be an array of entertainment coming to the resort in a relatively quieter period ( Soundsational returns with new floats and Mickeys Mix Magic*) which is great for me to see as I know plenty of Disney friends who have been to DLR with not a whole lot happening not even a parade which is shocking to me considering that parades are a daily occurance here in DLP. Although the calendars still do not show any of the new entertainment (despite starting Jan 18 and Jan 25 respectively)

I am very excited about the food as DLP food can be lacking especially with snacks. Mickey waffles, sundaes, dole whips are high on my list. I am tempted by the beignets and a monte cristo but I don't like ham! I just would like to spend some time in New Orleans Square (because it looks SO beautiful)

What are your food reccomendations ( I see there will be some special Valentine's Day food!!)

*Is it just me or does Mickey's Mix Magic sound awkward to say - as a European I would say Mickey's Magic Mix sounds 10000 times better! /end English teacher rant

Honestly, shouldn’t it be Mickey’s Magical Mix??? Lol, I am still scratching my head at that title.

I will say, add churros to your snack list! So good and such a Disneyland thing. Highly recommend the beignets as well. Hard to beat a coffee or hot chocolate and some beignets in the evening in New Orleans Square. The silver lining to Fantasmic being down is that New Orleans Square is so gorgeous at night and you can enjoy it without the crazy crowds. I love shopping over there, especially the perfume shop, they are so friendly and helpful. I can spend a whole evening there having dinner, dessert, shopping, and two fave rides: Pirates and Haunted Mansion. Can’t wait!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts