February 2019 - Love, Love Love ... A month of loving Disney, Healthy Living, Yourself

I have a few woohoo's that are being overcasted by some issues with DD.

1. I have had 20 oz of water every day this month. Some days have been rough but I finished the 20 oz.
2. DD's finger is not broke. She just jammed it really bad.

So now the issue with DD. I got a call from her today from a friends phone crying. I couldn't hear her and I am not a fan of her calling me from someone else's phone. She doesn't have her own though. I told her to go to the office and call me. Which she did. Some kids are making fun of her on the bus and she doesn't want to ride the bus home. She was trying to ride the bus to a friends house and we would pick her up there. That was a no. I am not fans of this family and won't DD over their house again. DD would not tell me what was being said so I had go talk to the principle or councilor. the principle emailed to tell me basically what DD said and that she gave him names and and also that this is happening to a 5th grader too. SO now I am stressed. I just want to be able to sit down and talk to her to really see what is going on. I was on my way to get a healthy lunch when she called and then went back to my office so I could hear her when she called me back. I ended up with Chariles for lunch. Philly steak sandwich, fries and a pop. Not a good day. I will let her therapist know all this so they can talk at their next appointment.

Oh dear. Good for her talking to the principal. Now that he has names something can be done. Maybe a new seat on the bus-behind the bus driver?
Kids at this age can be so mean-there was a girl in my daughter’s class when she was in 5th grade that was just hateful. It is so heartbreaking to watch your kids deal with this-but I promise you it does pass and our kids are better and stronger for it. I just kept emphasizing to my daughter that something must be very wrong in that girl’s life and there is something wrong with them if she needs to be mean to other people to feel good about herself. And that the old advice about ignoring them does work eventually because what they want is to see you cry. We also practiced what her response would be if this girl started in on her.
Hang in there, but I remember those days all too clearly.

Piglet, I feel you! It's so hard when it happens to our kids! I hope you both get in the quality time you need tonight!!!

Hello, Dearies!

My big woo-hoo is that my kids both went to school today!!! DD15 has been sick for a solid week, first a fever, then a wretched cough. She went back Monday, then stayed home Tuesday and went to the doctor... today I had to go in at lunch to give her cough syrup, but she made it through the day all the same! Also, the rain stopped long enough for me to get in a walk today, so I made it a long one. And the scale was down this morning, so all good stuff.

Wahoo for internet hotspots! Thank you DH's phone. :worship: Over the weekend internet was spotty Saturday and fine Sunday. It's non-existent since Monday. Someone is going to have to come out. Our schedules are so crazy that that won't happen until Saturday. Grrr

So let's see. Motivation--just plugging along. Weights--I did them for years and now don't. I keep telling myself to get them out, but I don't. Maybe this weekend.

I think I am finally getting over whatever it was that I never quite caught. I was just on the verge of earache, sore throat, headache. Today I actually have some energy! Something I haven't had in about a week. It's very nice.

My secret Valentine at work has been giving me lots of fun little things. Not all chocolate! I must say though that those peanut M&Ms looked really good today. I resisted! I got some cute socks with hearts on them. They are in the dryer now and I plan to wear them tomorrow. Fun. Someone got a cake pan size heart shaped rice crispy treat. Wish I had thought of that one! I think people have really enjoyed it. Which is good because the students in our lives have been wild and crazy!! Cannot wait for the three day weekend!

upload_2019-2-14_21-14-11.jpeg

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

Topic Thursday

Lets share 3 things we love about ourselves, our healthy journey and of course Disney! Challenge can you come up with 3 things for each category?

Topic Thursday

Lets share 3 things we love about ourselves, our healthy journey and of course Disney! Challenge can you come up with 3 things for each category?

Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

Myself - I'm intelligent, creative, and (very occasionally) intuitive.
Healthy Living - I actually really like salads. Getting outside to exercise improves my mood. It's lead me to groups like this. :)
Disney - Feeling like a kid, the "bubble", and great family memories!

Oh dear. Good for her talking to the principal. Now that he has names something can be done. Maybe a new seat on the bus-behind the bus driver?
Kids at this age can be so mean-there was a girl in my daughter’s class when she was in 5th grade that was just hateful. It is so heartbreaking to watch your kids deal with this-but I promise you it does pass and our kids are better and stronger for it. I just kept emphasizing to my daughter that something must be very wrong in that girl’s life and there is something wrong with them if she needs to be mean to other people to feel good about herself. And that the old advice about ignoring them does work eventually because what they want is to see you cry. We also practiced what her response would be if this girl started in on her.
Hang in there, but I remember those days all too clearly.

:hug: Sorry @piglet1979, drama is always worse when it's our kids than when it's our own stuff!

Piglet, I feel you! It's so hard when it happens to our kids! I hope you both get in the quality time you need tonight!!!

Thank you. She seemed fine when i got home last night but she did lay with me on the couch for a bit. DH and myself went to work and the kids came with us and they went swimming. Things were good until about 3:30am. DD woke us up because she got sick. She had been up since 1 with her mind racing. She was dizzy around 2ish and then got sick at about 3:30. We had a talk and then I had her go back to bed. I am going to contact her therapist to see if we can get in earlier. I let her teachers know what happened and one of the has offered to take her home this afternoon so she doesn't have to ride the bus. She lives around the corner from us. Waiting to see what DH says. I want to say yes but it is also a little weird. DD knows that she can call me at anytime today if she needs to talk to me and she knows I contacted her teachers. Hopefully she will talk to them if she feels like she is getting worked up.

I just want to cry myself. The stuff these boys are saying is very inappropriate and very hurtful. It is 3 8th graders and 1 7th grader doing this to a 6th grader and 5th grader. I guess these boys have been picking on the girls most of the school year but just recently got worse. We can drive every morning but the afternoon is up in the air. It is depends on when DH can get out of work.

Topic Thursday

Myself -- Caring, a good listener, a good baker/cook
Healthy Journey -- This group. Not only for support to lose wight but a place I can talk about the issues in my life., The support I get from DH and the time we share with each as we go for walks when it is nice (it is like our dates now)
Disney -- I love all the movies, I love when I am their the feeling of nothing else matters. Sharing my love with my family

What a great topic for Valentine's Day!

Myself --- I'm creative, smart and always learning
Healthy Journey --- always learning here as well, have gotten to appreciate and pay attention to food, have met wonderful people along the way (like all of you!)
Disney --- love being in the bubble and letting all the cares melt away, there's so much to choose from that you can have any type of vacation you want, there's always something new to discover while also having the comfort of old favorites.

upload_2019-2-14_7-43-37.png

Last edited:
Myself-empathetic, love learning new things, good sense of humor

Healthy living-lifestyle changes years ago made me a much better cook, more appreciative of my good health, finding this group for inspiration and motivation!

Disney-love that we unplug from tv and the news while we’re there. Love hearing my grandson laugh and laugh on the rides! Every time we go I find some beautiful area of landscaping or some little detail I never noticed before.

Happy Valentines Day, everyone!

piglet1979, you should not have to provide alternate transportation. The boys that are doing the bullying should be banned from riding the bus for a certain amount of time. That’s how how our district handles these situations. Once their parents are responsible for getting them to school, I bet the bullying stops. Your daughter and your family are not the ones that should be punished here.

Topic Thursday

Happy Valentine's Day! Love todays topic!

Myself - Compassionate, organized, patient
Healthy Journey - Starting my day with exercise, trying new recipes, and finding this group!
Disney - EVERYTHING! (Fun attractions, superior customer service, creating memories)

Myself... Smart, creative, spontaneous

Healthy Journey... The absence of a timeline/deadline (I'm not dieting for a vacation or event, just want to be healthier/happier.) The flexibility (Not restricting any food groups, have a 350 calorie range on my daily goal, and tonight I'm using alllll of that! Walking/volksmarching (it gets me out of the house, gets me to go new places and explore, and who doesn't like getting a little trophy now and then?)

Disney... The social contract, where we all agree to at least TRY not to be big jerks while we're there (note--this contract is void between 4:30pm and 6pm...) The landscaping, and... let's be honest... the food!!! :) (Since we go so rarely, I have no qualms about eating EVERYTHING for those few days!!!)

Bonus 4th thing about Disney trips... the PLANNING!!! I can make a 5 day trip last 18 months in anticipation in advance and forever in memories!

Bonus 4th thing about Disney trips... the PLANNING!!! I can make a 5 day trip last 18 months in anticipation in advance and forever in memories!

SO TRUE! I am the same way! I'm currently getting through these winter blues by planning our 20th anniversary getaway for next February to Disney's Vero Beach resort. We've never been there and I'm having so much fun watching videos and looking at pictures of the resort :love:

Hello everyone! Wow here we are .... Friday again ... and we have passed the half-way of the month as its a short month!
How are you feeling today, did you eat lots of valentines chocolates? How does it feel to be half-way - are you on track to achieve your goals or do you need to re-group to bring it home?

Lets share 3 things we love about ourselves, our healthy journey and of course Disney!

I never got back to answer my own question yesterday! Okay, here goes

Me: I am caring/nurturing, resilient and fun-loving
Healthy Journey: Walking and chatting with my friend, finding new recipes I love, Being a better role-model for the kids
Disney: Movies, The absolute closeness I felt with my kids when we were there - it was just about us as a family and Disney, I get to relinquish being a grown up for a while and just be in the moment.

I also just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVED reading all of your thoughtful responses to this question - you are all amazing - I also love this group as part of my journey :love:

Hello everyone! Wow here we are .... Friday again ... and we have passed the half-way of the month as its a short month!
How are you feeling today, did you eat lots of valentines chocolates? How does it feel to be half-way - are you on track to achieve your goals or do you need to re-group to bring it home?
I definitely went enjoyed a few Valentine's Day goodies...as well as a student's birthday treat at school. But overall, I feel like I can easily get back on track today. Had a really hard time getting up this morning for my workout. But I'm glad I did. I know from past experience that as soon as I let myself skip a day, it's so much harder to get going again! I hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day with those you love. Happy Friday!!!

piglet1979, you should not have to provide alternate transportation. The boys that are doing the bullying should be banned from riding the bus for a certain amount of time. That’s how how our district handles these situations. Once their parents are responsible for getting them to school, I bet the bullying stops. Your daughter and your family are not the ones that should be punished here.

I know but if we can take her out of the situation we will. At least until it is handled. Yesterday the boys did not say anything. The ring leader said he was talked to about it by another teacher. DD said he wasn't upset but didn't say anything either. So I am hoping it stops. Both kids do not like riding the bus so we drive them a lot in the morning when we can. We also drive them when the weather is bad so they don't have to stand out in the elements waiting for the bus. The afternoon though they need to ride the bus. Today though they have a meeting after school so they won't be riding the bus.

This is my favorite too.

Yesterday was not a good day. We were all so tired we ate horrible. I had a cupcake for lunch and chocolate covered strawberries for a snack and Chipolte for dinner. We just did not have any energy to cook a good meal. I am still doing great on my water and not drinking much pop. I feel great about that. I am getting walking in. DH put it on the calendar for our times to go to the rec. We were supposed to go last night but we all (except DS who got plenty of sleep at night) naps.

We fixed dinner at home-steaks and asparagus. I had a martini before dinner and a glass of wine with! Then cheesecake for dessert (bought two slices at Wegmans). Oh my, definitely a splurge. So I need to get back on track today, that’s for sure.
We’re off to the beach this weekend, so will probably eat out Saturday night, but I have packed my usual things for breakfast and lunches so I don’t do too much damage.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone-we’re half way through February! Spring will be here soon-although 4Mickeys, are you starting to get colder weather?

Let's just say I ate a lot of conversation hearts. It's over now.

I can't believe we're already half way thru the month, I don't feel like I've settled into it at all. You would think being so housebound would make you slow down and be where you are, but the whole snow thing has been unsettling, stressful and distracting. The past few days I haven't done anything in regards to the Challenge... it wraps up in a couple weeks so I still have time to get back on track and am planning on continuing on my own afterwards.

Next week is vacation - woohoo! I don't head out to the beach until Tuesday, so I have several days to putz around and get ready. You'd also think that with all the time spent at home lately the house would be spotlessly clean, but it is not, so there's plenty to do.

Have to buckle down at work today and get everyone set up for next week, then I'm outta here! Have a good one everybody.

upload_2019-2-15_7-32-23.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter